The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

With the 9th pick in the draft, TBJ selected RHP Jeff Hoffman.

With the 11th pick, they selected Max Pentecost, C. (compensation for Phillip Bickford -- unsigned)

Unreal picks! Hoffman was supposed to go top 3 before his TJ surgery! It's a bit of a gamble but with rehab and training I figure he'll be a great player in a few years. Long read about the two ahead.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140605&content_id=78406310&notebook_id=78414914&vkey=notebook_tor&c_id=tor

Also with their 2nd round pick they picked up Sean Reid Foley. Read somewhere he was the 18th best rated talent in the draft but slid to 49th due to signability issues. If they can pick him up due to the money they were able to save from the Hoffman pick this would be an incredible draft

Seems like they were testing the limits of how many runners you could leave on base without scoring in this game. Luckily they still won. If anything though, they continue to strongly outplay their opponents, despite doing this on a fairly frequent basis, which I would consider a good sign.

That kid has gotta be embarassed

They need to start strictly enforcing people be removed from games if they interfere. This has happened a couple times this year along the same first base side prior to today. Instant replay came up gold though and the wrong call was righted thankfully. How did that ump get the call wrong? He was standing right there.

As I said yesterday,,I have no faith in our bullpen,, they basically cost us this game..that and no hits.

Walking in a run by 2 pitchers in the same inning is inexcuseable...put the game out of reach.

Edited by ShakyWalton

Too many undisciplined plate appearances early in the game ensured a strong outing by Miller today. Too many walks by the pitchers obviously didn't help matters. An inconsistent ump today as well. I wonder if he's the same guy that got the fan interference call wrong yesterday.

Bullpen sucked again. They better start getting their shit together or they may cost some crucial games down the stretch as the season wears on.

Need to regroup and focus on taking care of business tomorrow.

Off to a rousing start..not fussy over the pitching lately,Hutch doesnt have it today at all and lack of hitting..hope this doesnt translate into a long term collapse,,dont like how the team is playing at all ..no sense of urgency or drive.

Game pretty much over in the 2nd inning if the Jays continue to not hit.

Edited by ShakyWalton

Off to a rousing start..not fussy over the pitching lately,Hutch doesnt have it today at all and lack of hitting..hope this doesnt translate into a long term collapse,,dont like how the team is playing at all ..no sense of urgency or drive.

Game pretty much over in the 2nd inning if the Jays continue to not hit.

It's 5 runs, in the 3rd inning. Get over yourself