The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

For all we know, Price will probably be gone next year (I think he resigns). I think Gibby will give it to Price

I don't doubt that, i just think Dickey deserves the opportunity.

Here's to hoping Price comes back next year!

Why.... Oh god, why...

I sure hope not, but because Gibby is old school he likes power hitters guys who hit home runs. This is why you saw more of Smoak in the 2nd half of the season instead of Colabello. Colabello who was hitting over .300 all year was sitting on the bench for the 2nd half watching a player hit .220, just because he hits more home runs.

It should be a no brainer that Colabello starts, but you just never know with Gibby sometimes.

I doubt Smoak starts game 3, there is a lefty on the mound, Colabello is a right handed hitter and had a very good game in Game 2 i'd be surprised if Colabello doesn't start.

Smoak is a switch hitter, but he is a better left handed hitter then right. I think the whole country would be surprised if Colabello is not playing. Just sometimes Gibby makes weird decisions, I sure hope this isn't going to be one of those.

I doubt Smoak starts game 3, there is a lefty on the mound, Colabello is a right handed hitter and had a very good game in Game 2 i'd be surprised if Colabello doesn't start.

I agree. Although Smoak is a switch hitter and actually has pretty good numbers against Perez, (.364 average in 11 ABs) Colabello is the guy who's going at the moment and I think he'll get the start tonight.

In fact, I think he'll hit behind Edwing, moving Tulo down one spot in the order.

Changing the subject a bit, how many others believe that there's something wrong with the rule when Chase Utley can ignore second base altogether and break Ruben Tejada's leg?

I think the rule is as long as the baserunner can still keep contact with the bag, it is legal, and Utley was able to.

This whole thing has been blown out of preportion because Tehada was severly injured. The take out slide has always been a part of baseball and this one was no different than any other...

Changing the subject a bit, how many others believe that there's something wrong with the rule when Chase Utley can ignore second base altogether and break Ruben Tejada's leg?

After seeing the replay he should of been called out, the fact he made contact with Tejada before even sliding is the main issue, last time I checked that's interference. If he slide before getting to the bag and then took out Tejada it would be fine, but he didn't do this.

I think the rule is as long as the baserunner can still keep contact with the bag, it is legal, and Utley was able to.

This whole thing has been blown out of preportion because Tehada was severly injured. The take out slide has always been a part of baseball and this one was no different than any other...

You used to able to run over the catcher too...

I'm fine with the take out slide, but I also feel that there should be some criteria for the play being legal. First and foremost, I think there should be at least an attempt to tag the base. If you watch that replay, at no point did Utley ever touch 2nd base.

Also, I believe it should be illegal to go past the bag to take an opposing player out.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, if I was pitching for the Mets, Utley would be seeing some chin music the next time he stepped in the box...

The Jays possibly could use Price out of the bullpen in Game 3, but their internal talks have centered around using him in a potential Game 4 if necessary, sources said.

If Price pitched in Game 4, the Jays could turn to right-hander Marcus Stroman to start Game 5 on normal rest, if the series got that far.

Price did not throw his usual bullpen session on Saturday when the Jays worked out at Globe Life Park, sources said.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/toronto-blue-jays-david-price-reliever-bullpen-alds-texas-rangers-ken-rosenthal-101015

If the Jays are down in game 3 and it's all or nothing, and if Price is ok to pitch out of the bullpen I say do it, especially with only having Loup as the only lefty.

Kang Jung Ho also got taken out right before the playoffs due to a "late" slide. But Chase Utley didn't even come close to the tag. A dirty play and one that should have disciplinary action.

no matter the outcome of today or this series: Do they want to re-sign Price, even though he's never won a playoff game? Do they get a different bench boss? Will Rogers continue to pay a top flight line up or cheap out? Does A.A. get to stay? I am really hoping this is not a "one and done' and this team doesn't slide into another 20 years of poor results.

no matter the outcome of today or this series: Do they want to re-sign Price, even though he's never won a playoff game? Do they get a different bench boss? Will Rogers continue to pay a top flight line up or cheap out? Does A.A. get to stay? I am really hoping this is not a "one and done' and this team doesn't slide into another 20 years of poor results.

I think Price probably signs somewhere else and Buehrle retires. The Jays will re-sign Estrada and pick up the option on Dickey.

I think both Gibby and AA stay and Anthopolous goes after another FA starting pitcher. (Yovani Gallardo and Jeff Samardzija are likely targets) I think he will also try and re-sign Mark Lowe and try and sign one or two lefty relievers to help out the pen.

Dioner Navarro is a UFA next year and likely wants to be an every day player somewhere. There aren't a lot of free agent catchers available, so the Jays will likely promote someone from the minors, or try and sign a veteran backup like AJ Pierzynski or Geovany Soto.

One thing on the "too good to be true" front: AA has surprised us before by trying to upgrade in an area where it wasn't considered an organizational need (Donaldson, Tulo...) and Yoenis Cespedes is UFA next year....