The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Donaldson >>>>>>>>> aoki. Donaldson has star power written all over him compared to aoki who's only known for his speed, defence in which Donaldson has all those pieces in his game as well.

The Jays need more grinders, than all-stars.

Donaldson is a power bar that the Blue Jays didn't really need. Aoki is a grinder at plate, who takes pitches, is discipline, and gives you that timely hit. Looking at the roster, not one single person does that for the Jays.

Think of is like this, Crosby wouldn't have won the Cup, if he didn't play with a guy like Fedotenko, Dupuis, Kunitz, and Sykora. You need those guys to succeed

Edited by shiznak

Man o man, Kevin Pillar made a spectacular catch. Gonna be on the Highlight reels for sure

He seems to come up with a highlight reel catch every game. If he keeps this up and plays everyday just give him all three OF Gold Gloves.

After yesterday Im not surprised ....

TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays have recalled infielder Ryan Goins from triple-A Buffalo and have designated right-handed pitcher Todd Redmond for assignment.

Goins, 27, has played in six games for Buffalo this season and is batting .350 with a double and three runs batted in. This spring the left-handed hitter posted a .315 average in 28 games with five doubles, a triple, two home runs and seven RBIs.

The 29-year-old Redmond has appeared in two games with the Jays this season and posted a 16.62 earned-run average.

I might have to start liking this guy...that catch by Pillar was one of the best I have ever seen and I have seen many...unreal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-w_Wh72rLg

Edited by ShakyWalton

After yesterday Im not surprised ....

TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays have recalled infielder Ryan Goins from triple-A Buffalo and have designated right-handed pitcher Todd Redmond for assignment.

Goins, 27, has played in six games for Buffalo this season and is batting .350 with a double and three runs batted in. This spring the left-handed hitter posted a .315 average in 28 games with five doubles, a triple, two home runs and seven RBIs.

The 29-year-old Redmond has appeared in two games with the Jays this season and posted a 16.62 earned-run average.

I might have to start liking this guy...that catch by Pillar was one of the best I have ever seen and I have seen many...unreal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-w_Wh72rLg

It's too bad about Redmond, but Hendriks looks like he can handle the role of long reliever. They might give Hynes and extra inning or so every once in a while, especially against lineups with a lot of lefties...

Its funny how the Jays get 50k for their 1st game of the season and as they progressivly play lousy the crowd dwindles to about 13k by the time the series is over and they never seem to get them back except for the odd game in the summer...I think I over rated this team..now Reyes is hurt..they have to get rid of this guy (big contract..no delivery)..and Martin might get a hit soon..he is hitting .043 which is pretty ugly...also not sure of the pitching..maybe to many kids...I know its early but there are some real warning signs and I have seen this movie to many times before.

Edited by ShakyWalton