The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

3 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

as much as Saunders has struggled..Upton is no upgrade.

No I agree as well, but the only advantage is Uptons speed, if he does get on base that does help more. And of course righty lefty match up, hope it gives Upton a better chance.

Read earlier that Boston isn't going to have Price pitch a lot of innings today want to save his arm, so I could see Saunders in the game early maybe.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Because if it's a 3 way tie, top team gets to pick between A,B, or C team. B and C play, then winner plays team A. Now does that just pick the WC spot or is that the WC game....

13 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Of course, but just talking about the WC spot, but it would only be 2 not 3 made a mistake. I think.....

No you're right, It could be 3. 

Since the Jays won the season series against both teams they would likely choose to be designated the A team, with Baltimore as the B team and Detroit as the C team. The Jays would then host Baltimore in a tiebreaker game and Detroit would host a second tiebreaker game against the loser of the first tiebreaker game. The winners of the two tiebreaker games would then play in the wild card game.

Jays could lose to Baltimore in the tiebreaker, then beat Detroit in the second tiebreaker, then rematch the O's for the Wild Card. I think.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

No you're right, It could be 3. 

Since the Jays won the season series against both teams they would likely choose to be designated the A team, with Baltimore as the B team and Detroit as the C team. The Jays would then host Baltimore in a tiebreaker game and Detroit would host a second tiebreaker game against the loser of the first tiebreaker game. The winners of the two tiebreaker games would then play in the wild card game.

Jays could lose to Baltimore in the tiebreaker, then beat Detroit in the second tiebreaker, then rematch the O's for the Wild Card. I think.

Yes that would be correct.

• Upvote 1

It should have been obvious to everyone that an old Bautista can't go first to home. He's been thrown out sooo many times this year. Continue to repeat fixable mistakes. 

Especially with the way this team has been playing... that Upton shot up the middle would have cashed Bautista, Tulo would have advanced to third, and Pillar up. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

It should have been obvious to everyone that an old Bautista can't go first to home. He's been thrown out sooo many times this year. Continue to repeat fixable mistakes. 

Especially with the way this team has been playing... that Upton shot up the middle would have cashed Bautista, Tulo would have advanced to third, and Pillar up. 

They basically won the game yesterday with small ball, and start today's game aggressive. I agree, poor choice.

3 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Buck said he was waved around. 

Yeah I know, but by just watching Bautista running, you can see what "he" was thinking, that's what I want to see. 

I think Bautista was thinking in his mind he would be holding at 3 and wasn't expecting to be waved home, then saw he was being waved so he was behind. But I just wanted to see his run from 1st to 3rd to really see first.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I really want to see the replay of Bautistas run, something tells me he wasn't thinking of going home off that hit, even though you should of been.

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Buck said he was waved around. 

True, but that doesn't mean he was hustling all the way from first, maybe he just turned it on (as best he could) after seeing the signal?

Just now, Green Building said:

Still wouldn't have waved him in if it were me. 

It all depends on how hard and fast he was running, if he was running full speed don't see him not scoring tbh they're was a lot of free time when that ball came off the wall. Of course if he wasn't running full speed no way you send him, but if he was running full speed and that's how it ended man he's slow now....

11 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It all depends on how hard and fast he was running, if he was running full speed don't see him not scoring tbh they're was a lot of free time when that ball came off the wall. Of course if he wasn't running full speed no way you send him, but if he was running full speed and that's how it ended man he's slow now....

True, except with 1 out there was no reason to send him at all.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Don't want to get ahead of myself here, but if the Jays do, I wonder if they hit Odor.... Will be the story the whole time.

exactly what crossed my mind.  although they probably dont want shenanigans interferring.

Edited by ShakyWalton