The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

would be great to have Joey Bats between the two.  just think there's lot of bad blood between the two. won't be shocked if he's back considering the market but there's plenty of alternate routes. Having Revere and Bats back would solidify this lneup though

Revere

Donaldson

Bats

Morales

Martin

Tulo

Travis

Pillar

Zeke

Having Zeke turn the lineup around would be a nice idea imo while having Travis clear the bases with his reliable contact when Morales, Martin, Tulo reach base. this lineup would be playoff bound, bullpen needs work but Rogers probably has enough resources to give management a bit more money

18 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

would be great to have Joey Bats between the two.  just think there's lot of bad blood between the two. won't be shocked if he's back considering the market but there's plenty of alternate routes. Having Revere and Bats back would solidify this lneup though

Revere

Donaldson

Bats

Morales

Martin

Tulo

Travis

Pillar

Zeke

Having Zeke turn the lineup around would be a nice idea imo while having Travis clear the bases with his reliable contact when Morales, Martin, Tulo reach base. this lineup would be playoff bound, bullpen needs work but Rogers probably has enough resources to give management a bit more money

I tend to agree..that lineup and when you factor in Upton and Pearce should be a playoff team...we need a capable back up catcher and a couple of BP arms...I wonder if they are holding off on a catcher because of Pentacost...but they would need to sign another for insurance...you cant bank on a rookie.

Edited by ShakyWalton

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

Sounds like we're thinking the same thing. Reuniting the 2015 outfield would be the perfect statement.

Joey can still be a good RF. Just let him DH against Lefty loaded line-ups and move Morales to 1st. I've read that Gibbons is really pushing management to get Revere back.

I'm on board with you guys and if it's true, than god bless Gibby.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Revere

Donaldson

Bats

Morales

Martin

Tulo

Travis

Pillar

Zeke

Except you'll have either Pearce or Smoak in every game.

Just to put this out there JB sucks in the outfield, he has for the last couple years and he's not getting any better. Doesn't mean I don't want him, but he is a liability in the outfield. For his age he actually is in great shape, he's not out of shape where he's only best fit is DH, but I see him more at a 1B role or DH role now. 

If he does come back I hope he does become 1B, because he won't be the DH with Morales here now. If the Jays do get Revere that would be huge, you can have Revere Pillar and Upton/Zeke/Pearce/Pompey, now that I see it, that's almost to many outfielders. They should trade Upton, and it shouldn't be that hard because he doesn't cost that much. And they should also trade Smoak and then they could use Bautista/Pearce/Morales at 1B.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Except you'll have either Pearce or Smoak in every game.

maybe its time to play Bats at 1st if he comes on board..he is a pretty good fielder...that would leave pearce for the OF..,,,I think they are going to have to trade an OF or 2 and Pillar might have to sit a game or 2 like everyone else...it pisses me off that he plays every game and all the other OFs alternate.....it could become far to crowded....Bats..Upton...Zeke..pillar..Pearce..Pompey  Revere

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

maybe its time to play Bats at 1st if he comes on board..he is a pretty good fielder...that would leave pearce for the OF..,,,I think they are going to have to trade an OF or 2 and Pillar might have to sit a game or 2 like everyone else...it pisses me off that he plays every game and all the other OFs alternate.....it could become far to crowded....Bats..Upton...Zeke..pillar..Pearce..Pompey

Lol were thinking the same!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

yes and I even forgot Revere..although all of this is hypothetical..food for thought

Lol I saw that, but yes if they do acquire Revere and JB without question they have to trade a couple players. But I believe this is why management is skeptical about getting these guys, because then they have to make trades and I don't think they want to do that.

9 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Just to put this out there JB sucks in the outfield, he has for the last couple years and he's not getting any better. Doesn't mean I don't want him, but he is a liability in the outfield. For his age he actually is in great shape, he's not out of shape where he's only best fit is DH, but I see him more at a 1B role or DH role now. 

If he does come back I hope he does become 1B, because he won't be the DH with Morales here now. If the Jays do get Revere that would be huge, you can have Revere Pillar and Upton/Zeke/Pearce/Pompey, now that I see it, that's almost to many outfielders. They should trade Upton, and it shouldn't be that hard because he doesn't cost that much. And they should also trade Smoak and then they could use Bautista/Pearce/Morales at 1B.

Joey Bats at first eh? I like it

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well he used to play 3B before, so he does have some infield background. Obviously it would take some time to get used to again, but he would be able to figure it out eventually.

Second week of free agency his agent did say he'd be open to playing 1st so it's definitely plausible. I'd cry tears of joy if we traded Smoak.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

As much as we think he sucks in the out field....

Bautista>>>> Bruce when it comes to fielding so I welcome him back at 14/year on a one year deal. As far as I know that's what Bruce makes and the only thing I think he's got is a left handed bat. Joey bats walks more too if I'm not mistaken. 

Edit: someone said it a day or two ago, if Bautista's fielding is bad enough, only play him against lineups that have no power hitting left fielders.

Edited by Standing_Tall#37

15 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

As much as we think he sucks in the out field....

Bautista>>>> Bruce when it comes to fielding so I welcome him back at 14/year on a one year deal. As far as I know that's what Bruce makes and the only thing I think he's got is a left handed bat. Joey bats walks more too if I'm not mistaken. 

Edit: someone said it a day or two ago, if Bautista's fielding is bad enough, only play him against lineups that have no power hitting left fielders.

Nope just put him at 1B and trade Smoak.

But no really I've been saying it to the TV for the last couple years, JB sucks in the outfield. He used to be good and he had a hell of an arm, his arm isn't as good as it used to be, but his tracking of balls is bad.

Here come the bargain bin relievers....

The Toronto Blue Jays are expected to sign left-handed pitcher T.J. House, according to a report from Darren Wolfson of ESPN 1500 in Minnesota.

The 27-year-old House pitched just 2.2 innings last year, and 15 innings over the past two seasons with the Cleveland Indians. House had a solid 2014 with Cleveland, finishing with a 3.35 ERA in 102 innings over 18 starts and one relief appearance.

House has battled a shoulder injury and astigmatism in one eye the past two seasons. House posted a 3.98 ERA over 72.1 innings with Cleveland's AAA affiliate in Columbus.

Looks like Bats probably wont be back either...

Free agent slugger Jose Bautista might have to accept a significant discount if he fancies a return to Toronto. In fact, he’ll likely have to accept an offer he had previously rejected.

The Blue Jays brass has reportedly informed the free-agent slugger that the one-year, $17.2 million (all funds U.S.) qualifying offer he had rejected after the World Series is as high as the club is willing to go, Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports.

Toronto has reportedly remained in contact with Bautista’s agent as the two sides had met during last week’s Winter Meetings. After initially seeking a reported five-year deal in the neighbourhood of $150-million, Bautista was reportedly willing to accept a two-year deal with Boston before the Red Sox opted to sign 1B/DH Mitch Moreland.

26 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Here come the bargain bin relievers....

The Toronto Blue Jays are expected to sign left-handed pitcher T.J. House, according to a report from Darren Wolfson of ESPN 1500 in Minnesota.

The 27-year-old House pitched just 2.2 innings last year, and 15 innings over the past two seasons with the Cleveland Indians. House had a solid 2014 with Cleveland, finishing with a 3.35 ERA in 102 innings over 18 starts and one relief appearance.

House has battled a shoulder injury and astigmatism in one eye the past two seasons. House posted a 3.98 ERA over 72.1 innings with Cleveland's AAA affiliate in Columbus.

Looks like Bats probably wont be back either...

Free agent slugger Jose Bautista might have to accept a significant discount if he fancies a return to Toronto. In fact, he’ll likely have to accept an offer he had previously rejected.

The Blue Jays brass has reportedly informed the free-agent slugger that the one-year, $17.2 million (all funds U.S.) qualifying offer he had rejected after the World Series is as high as the club is willing to go, Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports.

Toronto has reportedly remained in contact with Bautista’s agent as the two sides had met during last week’s Winter Meetings. After initially seeking a reported five-year deal in the neighbourhood of $150-million, Bautista was reportedly willing to accept a two-year deal with Boston before the Red Sox opted to sign 1B/DH Mitch Moreland.

Relief pitching market is pretty bad tbh, not much they could do. Was hoping they'd go for Chapman :(

Bautista will be back if he wants to play in the MLB. He doesn't have leverage whatsoever

52 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Relief pitching market is pretty bad tbh, not much they could do. Was hoping they'd go for Chapman :(

Bautista will be back if he wants to play in the MLB. He doesn't have leverage whatsoever

has to be something better out there than some guy pitching 15 innings in the last 2 years..2 innings last year..I guess because he is a lefty.

Its obviously someone Atkins and Shapiro know about from their Cleveland days

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

has to be something better out there than some guy pitching 15 innings in the last 2 years..2 innings last year..I guess because he is a lefty.

Its obviously someone Atkins and Shapiro know about from their Cleveland days

This offseason is brutal and the comments on every Jays Facebook post is proving it. People wont put up with this crap for long. Not much I can do though Im already with Bell lol

• Upvote 1

Shi Dividi actually commented that the blue jay's handling of franchise players is just awful. Gotta say he's right. Also makes the point that management wasn't patient enough with EE...they could have got him for lower than their offer. Oh well we got Pearce now, I'm sure we're gonna do great. :)