The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Now I found this very interesting but of course only in the states. This is for Vancouver fans also willing to attend Mariners or Seahawks games in Seattle. Washington is trying to pass a bill that will allow people to bring firearms into the stadiums with a permit. Although MLB is totally against this, but Washington is trying scary times.

MLB responds to bill that would allow guns into Safeco Field 

MLB is standing its ground.

On Monday, legislators in Washington state proposed a bill that would permit fans with a concealed weapons permit to bring guns into sports facilities.

That includes the Seattle Mariners' Safeco Field, and the Seattle Seahawks' and Seattle Sounders' CenturyLink Field.

MLB issued a statement, according to Forbes.com's Maury Brown, that shows support for the current law that goes against the proposed bill.

"Major League Baseball is committed to providing a safe environment at all our ballparks and believes that our current policy is the right one for all of our fans," said Patrick Courtney, MLB’s chief communications executive.

The Mariners declined to comment on the matter, but said it would keep a watchful eye on the matter as it passes through the legislature.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1182997

Hard to be optimistic for the upcoming season with the moves or non-moves they have made so far. I mean, it took them 163 games, with several implications, that need to happen for them to even make it into the playoffs, and that's with Jose and Edwin, in the lineup. 

-Pitching needs to repeat their performance from last year, maybe even need to pitch better, and stay healthy.

-Tulowitzki, Martin, and Upton need to change their approach at bats. Rather than looking to hit it out of the park, hit for average. 

- Morales, Pearce, and Smoak all need to have career years.

- Travis needs to stay healthy and play close to a full season, batting .300 with a OPS of .950+.

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, shiznak said:

Hard to be optimistic for the upcoming season with the moves or non-moves they have made so far. I mean, it took them 163 games, with several implications, that need to happen for them to even make it into the playoffs, and that's with Jose and Edwin, in the lineup. 

-Pitching needs to repeat their performance from last year, maybe even need to pitch better, and stay healthy.

-Tulowitzki, Martin, and Upton need to change their approach at bats. Rather than looking to hit it out of the park, hit for average. 

- Travis needs to stay healthy and play close to a full season, batting .300 with a OPS of .950+.

As it looks right now, you're right...the stars have to align a lot of things up 

9 hours ago, shiznak said:

Yup you're absolutely right. I'd add Zeke to that list of break outs next season. He had a wonderful approach during the season and in the playoffs this past year. They're becoming like the Canucks almost. Everything needs to go perfect for them in order for them to get a shot at even making the playoffs. Of course that all changes when they sign Edwin and Bats back. But the team right now isn't a sure shot for the playoffs nor even a World Series berth

47 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Joey Bats signing seems imminent. Wonder what position he plays?

Im with the rest of you guys though, this offseason is a joke.

if they sign Bats that will be it for position players...except for a backup catcher which will be a nobody on Thole level....and a few Pitchers for the pen....I doubt they address the leadoff position outside of the organization...look for more of the same next year.

24 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

if they sign Bats that will be it for position players...except for a backup catcher which will be a nobody on Thole level....and a few Pitchers for the pen....I doubt they address the leadoff position outside of the organization...look for more of the same next year.

Im still hoping for Revere back, it seems to be the last outside of organization option.

13 hours ago, shiznak said:

- Travis needs to stay healthy and play close to a full season, batting .300 with a OPS of .9

23 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Does anyone feel like re-signing EE at maybe a 2 year 35-40 is possible now? 

I think that number is a bit too high. However, I think 3/75 is not out of the question, especially if there were an opt out after 2...

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Not much info out there right now but did do some searching and all I found was 2 reports basically predicting Jose will be a Jay next year.  One says he will sign a 3 year $45M deal with an opt out agreement after 1 year. The other one said he will sign a 3 year $42M deal with an opt out agreement after 1 year. 

I read a week ago the Jays are only willing to give 1yr and Joey Bats wants 2yrs. It'll be interesting to see what he ends up getting. My prediction was 15Mx2yr.

Edited by Xbox

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

I read a week ago the Jays are only willing to give 1yr and Joey Bats wants 2yrs. It'll be interesting to see what he ends up getting. My prediction was 15Mx2yr.

I thought Jose was asking for something like 125 over 5 years? 

15 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

What I read was just from some writers predictions, so this isn't the Jays or agent or JB saying this.

Thanks for clarifying

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I thought Jose was asking for something like 125 over 5 years? 

Reality hit him hard

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And now EE is not getting any offers too?  Maybe the Jays get both back on the cheap and for shorter term?  Of the two, which is better: EE?

EE is getting some offers, just not anywhere near what he turned down from Toronto (4x20M). He's basically gone barring a miracle. I'm thinking he would have accepted Toronto's offer too if it weren't for David Ortiz. I still can't believe EE turned that down but Ortiz probably had him convinced Boston was going to pay him a ton of cash and Kinzer decided it was well worth the gamble.

It's hard to say which one is better tbh because Jose was coming off an awful year while EE came off his best. But one thing is for sure, Jose Bautista is a lot more realistic to be back next year.

Edited by Xbox