The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(TEMP GDT) Anaheim Ducks @ Vancouver Canucks

cleowin

Anyone with a brain could see that trade was a bad move. I blasted Gillis at the time and I stand by my comments that he had to be seriously impaired to even consider the trade. It looks even worse when he trades Luongo and RETAINS SALARY the following season. No crystal ball needed, just an iota of common sense.

So easy for you to say from the luxury of your computer, without an iota of what it takes to be an NHL GM nor having absolutely any clue of what actually happens when it comes to being a GM. It's like you telling a homicide detective (assuming you aren't) how to their job IN HINDSIGHT. But of course you are so smart this doesn't apply to you, right?

Anyways, Gillis tried to be patient with Luongo for whatever reasons and it didn't work out the way some CDC'rs demand it should. Get over it.

So easy for you to say from the luxury of your computer, without an iota of what it takes to be an NHL GM nor having absolutely any clue of what actually happens when it comes to being a GM. It's like you telling a homicide detective (assuming you aren't) how to their job IN HINDSIGHT. But of course you are so smart this doesn't apply to you, right?

Anyways, Gillis tried to be patient with Luongo for whatever reasons and it didn't work out the way some CDC'rs demand it should. Get over it.

A lot he did didn't work out

Good on Garry Valk. Commenting now -- Biggest blame this year on Tortorella. Canucks not built to play tough consistently. Indiviudual PPG way below average -- this is all on the coach.

Totally agree.

As do I .. but he can, and will/must adapt now that he knows his players, or never coach again in the NHL .. exciting times next year

Good on Garry Valk. Commenting now -- Biggest blame this year on Tortorella. Canucks not built to play tough consistently. Indiviudual PPG way below average -- this is all on the coach.

Totally agree.

But I thought this is what gillis said he wanted to do, build a team that stand up to the physical play. Fail

It's not hindsight if I blasted Gillis for making that trade the moment it happened. The problem is Gillis also has no clue how to be an NHL GM, being woefully underqualified when he was hired, and then making countless stupid trades. It was blatantly obvious Gillis was making a huge mistake at the time, and he should have been fired before he was allowed to make even more trades.

F THAT. He turned Luongo and Schnieder into Horvat, Mathias and Markstrom. No GM would have ruined the situation like Gillis did.

F THAT. He turned Luongo and Schnieder into Horvat, Mathias and Markstrom. No GM would have ruined the situation like Gillis did.

I think even Rob Ford on a crack binge could have done a better job. Gillis should have been fired immediately after ownership got wind of his plans for the Schneider trade.

My god that was awful tonight against the Ducks, season on the line and pffffft....nada....

in the building , zero energy, gestapo security smothering anyone in my section trying to cheer but let me tell you, by far, the highlight of that steaming pile of trash was the #FireGillis chants at the end of the third.

My god that was awful tonight against the Ducks, season on the line and pffffft....nada....

in the building , zero energy, gestapo security smothering anyone in my section trying to cheer but let me tell you, by far, the highlight of that steaming pile of trash was the #FireGillis chants at the end of the third.

To me that looked like a team trying to get rid of the coach.

Archived