The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was screaming for his head at the 2011 trade deadline. This is long overdue.

Back then, most every player was having a career year. Rather than getting that engine dialed in for the upcoming drag race, Gillis did nothing. I'm still shocked that San Jose laid down at their feet that series, btw.

From that year on, it was a series of f-ups and some snooze signings, like Stanton and Santorelli, but Gillis's freedom fighters were here defending him.

Funny, those same posters that put up such a fight, or that were on the fence, are now in here, bleating along with the flow; with the migrating CDC popular opinion. Now, they post admissions. Now, they offer up disappointment with the roster. Now, they turn. Throw in here those fence-sitting parrots of the group and you get a snap-shot of the CDC herd. Black sheep, "troll" posters say, hi.

What a waste. IMO, Gillis wasted the best years of Luongo, Kesler, Burrows and the now, sea-anchor like, Sedins. He had the horses to run, but did nothing. I use Quinn's 1994 moves as a reference to highlight a balanced team vs what Gillis did. What a waste.

Whatever roster moves Gillis made here were always a year+ too late... and his dinkish replies to any form of extremely warranted criticism, were straight out of a high school kids mouth. He was one of the worst things to happen to this team, PR wise. So bad, in fact, that #16's fame is needed to champion the massive PR cause. What a free-fall. An epic.

The stats on the poll suggest that 2/3 are happy with the firing. Way to wake up, CDC. *claps.

Well glad you set us all straight, but I still don't agree with you or waver. Santo was one of the guys producing this year until he got hurt...how was that a mistake? Stanton, I'm ok with that one too. So who did you want and how do you propose we acquire(d) them? Want to hear how you could have done it better.

And "he had the horses to run but did nothing"....so you may have snapped a magic finger and done this, that and the other but he was limited in what he could do by the fact that he was but one player in a game of decisions. So let's hear how you would have done things differently? For your soapbox rant at the rest of us lowly types is nothing without it. I'll wait....

And how is it that, as a new member, you were here beaking off at us in 2011? Hmmm, I'll also wait for that answer....

I was screaming for his head at the 2011 trade deadline. This is long overdue.

Back then, most every player was having a career year. Rather than getting that engine dialed in for the upcoming drag race, Gillis did nothing. I'm still shocked that San Jose laid down at their feet that series, btw.

From that year on, it was a series of f-ups and some snooze signings, like Stanton and Santorelli, but Gillis's freedom fighters were here defending him.

Funny, those same posters that put up such a fight, or that were on the fence, are now in here, bleating along with the flow; with the migrating CDC popular opinion. Now, they post admissions. Now, they offer up disappointment with the roster. Now, they turn. Throw in here those fence-sitting parrots of the group and you get a snap-shot of the CDC herd. Black sheep, "troll" posters say, hi.

What a waste. IMO, Gillis wasted the best years of Luongo, Kesler, Burrows and the now, sea-anchor like, Sedins. He had the horses to run, but did nothing. I use Quinn's 1994 moves as a reference to highlight a balanced team vs what Gillis did. What a waste.

Whatever roster moves Gillis made here were always a year+ too late... and his dinkish replies to any form of extremely warranted criticism, were straight out of a high school kids mouth. He was one of the worst things to happen to this team, PR wise. So bad, in fact, that #16's fame is needed to champion the massive PR cause. What a free-fall. An epic.

The stats on the poll suggest that 2/3 are happy with the firing. Way to wake up, CDC. *claps.

You must be smarter than everyone, calling for the GM's head, who's team happened to be at top of the league in 2011. That would have be a first. Lapierre and Higgins had zero impact on our playoff run, your right he should have went out and got Malkin or crosby to ice the cake. Not to mention that fact that GM you wanted fired won General Manager of the year in 2011.

Archived