The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Breaking_Header.jpg

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Mike Gillis relieved of president & GM duties by #Canucks ow.ly/vzy9T
FYI - Francesco Aquilini will be available to the media on Wednesday, April 9th at 10:30 am at Rogers Arena. #Canucks

Vancouver, B.C. - Canucks Sports & Entertainment announced today that Mike Gillis has been relieved of his duties as President and General Manager.

"On behalf of my entire family, I would like to sincerely thank Mike Gillis for his hard work and the many contributions he made on and off the ice during his tenure,” said Francesco Aquilini, Chairman, Canucks Sports & Entertainment. "The Vancouver Canucks had success under Mike's leadership, and we nearly reached our ultimate goal; but I believe we have reached a point where a change in leadership and new voice is needed.”

"I also want to thank our fans for their support for the Vancouver Canucks through a difficult and frustrating season," continued Aquilini. "We haven’t met their expectations or ours. We are committed to bringing the Stanley Cup to Vancouver for our fans and we will continue to do everything possible to reach that goal."

INITIAL REPORT

Louis Jean @LouisJean_TVA

Mike Gillis just got fired.
Mike Gillis just got fired. #canucks #tvasports

UPDATE

Blake Price @blakeprice1040

Feaster on TSN Radio in Toronto saying he would relish the opportunity to work with Torts

Roger Millions @RogMillions

According to several reports former #Flames GM Jay Feaster was at YYC this afternoon in AC lounge. Where he might be going? #westwardho??

Jim Jamieson @JamiesonCanucks

Just spoke with Jay Feaster. He was NOT at the Calgary airport, has NOT heard from Van re GM job, but loves Torts and wants back into NHL.

Archived