The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ADSF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (3) Montreal Canadiens

Who will win the series?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's not a superstar but he was a decent fourth liner, which we don't have enough of.

We seem to be letting go of good fourth liners over the years. I'd take Weise, Lapierre, Glass, and Malhotra over the pathetic fourth lines we've been icing the last couple seasons.

We'd have a great fourth line if we had a better top 6, forcing the tweeners into bottom 6 roles where they belong.

Weise is a dime-a-dozen player. He isn't as hard to replace as you think.

We'd have a great fourth line if we had a better top 6, forcing the tweeners into bottom 6 roles where they belong.

Weise is a dime-a-dozen player. He isn't as hard to replace as you think.

I totally agree. While I liked him during his time here, the problem with the team is not our 4th line. You can always find 4th line guys. We need better top end talent outside of the Sedins.

He's not a superstar but he was a decent fourth liner, which we don't have enough of.

We seem to be letting go of good fourth liners over the years. I'd take Weise, Lapierre, Glass, and Malhotra over the pathetic fourth lines we've been icing the last couple seasons.

Well, next year we might have Gaunce, Richardson and Matthias on the 4th line. Would you take weise or any of the mentioned name over them? I don't thinks so.

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen

Burrows-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Horvat-Santorelli

Gaunce/Hansen-Richardson-Matthias

That 4th line would demolish the competition and smoke it. 3 big bodies that can bang, score and defend. It would be a great 3rd line nevermind being a 4th line. That is after we buyout Booth and it doesn't even include any UFA signings and this year's draft pick playing. Of course it could change drastically if we somehow get Bennett or Dal Colle or Draisatil.

If we actually bring in a 2nd line winger, hell yes. Pushes all of Higgins, Santa, Matthias, Richardson, Hansen and Tostitos into the bottom 6. Pick any 3 and boom.

Weise was good tho.

Higgins >>>> Weise

Santa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Weise

Richardson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Weise

Matthias>>>>Weise

Hansen>>Weise

Gaunce>>>Weise

heck even I would take Tostitos over Weise due to fighting ability and hitting/intimidation factor.

Just want to know how this so called hockey goddess, Weise would fit in our team. There just wasn't any room for that pylon.

We have a lot better players than Weise that can play on the 4th line and also move up to 3rd or 2nd lines. What we are missing is elite talent outside of Sedins and Kesler. It is the reason why I hope we draft Dal Colle or the german kid. If we assemble 2 consistent scoring lines, then we will be playoff contenders, heck maybe we could go deep in the playoffs.

The fact that we kept Dalpe over Weise boggles my mind.

Scoring a playoff OT winner but not good enough for the Canucks for some reason. I never understood the hate he got.

Vancouver Canuckland where 4th liners take the blame for a pathetic offense.

Anyway it was a good first game, the first step to an awesome Bruins vs Habs series.

Scoring a playoff OT winner but not good enough for the Canucks for some reason. I never understood the hate he got.

Vancouver Canuckland where 4th liners take the blame for a pathetic offense.

Anyway it was a good first game, the first step to an awesome Bruins vs Habs series.

He got traded because he was expendable. He is easily replaceable and we have other 4th liners than can do the job as well as him. He is not some special one of a kind player. Also, no one was blaming our 4th line for our lack of offense. What the hell are you even talking about?

He got lucky on his OT goal. There was no reason he should have been left alone in front of the net like that. He can thank the lack of Tampa defense on that one.

He got traded because he was expendable. He is easily replaceable and we have other 4th liners than can do the job as well as him. He is not some special one of a kind player. Also, no one was blaming our 4th line for our lack of offense. What the hell are you even talking about?

He got lucky on his OT goal. There was no reason he should have been left alone in front of the net like that. He can thank the lack of Tampa defense on that one.

He got traded because torts has an ego like no other and already had ran him out of one team.

There was zero ... and I mean zero reason to trade the player that was leading all players in points who averaged under 10 minutes of ice time per game.

Especially not for a 5th rounder (eventually after Diaz trade)

Not to mention weise was one of our best pkers and energy players. Something we lacked once he was traded.

Canucks with Dale weise were in the playoff hunt.

Without Dale weise... you know what happened.

Not putting it all on losing weise but he was an extremely valuable player.

Tampa Bay Lightning are disputing the OT goal.

They have video showing that Weise's chin was 4 feet offside entering the zone,

also on the scoring play, that Weises's chin was clearly in the crease and blocked Lindback's ability to make the save.

So Weises chin was offside, in the crease and was clearly goaltender interference!

The video did show that his chin was below the crossbar, so the puck was not batted in by a high chin.

0970d1ce00c40c02ba15c295c385bd9f91075c24

He got traded because torts has an ego like no other and already had ran him out of one team.

There was zero ... and I mean zero reason to trade the player that was leading all players in points who averaged under 10 minutes of ice time per game.

Not to mention weise was one of our best pkers and energy players. Something we lacked once he was traded.

No, we weren't in the playoff hunt with Weise. Our skid started when he was still here. Quit overrating him.

Wow...never knew Dale Weise was the glue that held this team together and was the most valuable player. He will definitely make the All-Star team next year.

Speaking to Apollo's comment about Torts forcing Weise out.

Dregger tweeted this:

Postgame, Dale Weise talked about opportunity he's been given by Therrien. Said he doesn't think Torts believes in 4th liners in Van.

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but I thought this was the right place.

Thoughts?

Are you serious? Weise was awful just awful. He was afraid to even get hit and go in the corners.

Archived