The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

If he falls and we pick Draisaitl, we are going to have the slowest forwards in the league in the next couple of years lol.

Sedins, Gaunce, Draisaitl, Horvat are all pretty slow....

I am not sold on Draisaitl. I worry he has the biggest bust potential because of his lack of foot speed.

Im not attacking him, where did I ever say that? All I said is that they play the same style. Ehlers might turn out to be light years better then Haglin, but they look a lot alike in the way they play. Im not blind and thats what I see. He might be a faster and more skilled version but they remind me a lot of each other.

He has the same feisty approach but I disagree that they look similar. Ehlers looks far more like Patrick Kane int terms of his style.

I dont think you were attacking him.

The more I watch the Kings this year, the more I see the argument for Ritchie / Vertanen (lesser extent as I haven't seen him play).... I really wanted Ehlers but seeing how the King;s have a team full of big bodies who can all skate, all have hands etc, manhandle a great team in the Blackhawks really makes me think Ritchie may indeed be the right guy for us. Assuming we can get him in better physical shape and get some better consistency out of him, he is a very good skater (not just for a 'big man', in general), has an amazing release and shot and has a big body and is willing to use it... I have changed sides! Ritchie for me!

The more I watch the Kings this year, the more I see the argument for Ritchie / Vertanen (lesser extent as I haven't seen him play).... I really wanted Ehlers but seeing how the King;s have a team full of big bodies who can all skate, all have hands etc, manhandle a great team in the Blackhawks really makes me think Ritchie may indeed be the right guy for us. Assuming we can get him in better physical shape and get some better consistency out of him, he is a very good skater (not just for a 'big man', in general), has an amazing release and shot and has a big body and is willing to use it... I have changed sides! Ritchie for me!

The argument you put forth is one who always wanted Ritchie to begin with. Just stop it.

Look. The guy was 26th in scoring. Huge body and all. 74 points in 61 games is not elite numbers. I hope you guys dont expect him to be a first line scorer. I dont.

The Mydraft guy updated his findings yesterday . Here they are.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014-NHL-Mock-Draft/

Nylander is 6th, Ehlers is 8th , Ritchie is now 12th and Virtanen is now 13th.

edit: Richie is 12th now, not 11th.

This just in: Updated mock has Snypers now pulling ahead of Absent. Craaaazy!

Oh, and polls say that Ehlers is tops in most-overhyped prospect. Ahead of Chunk and Ayra Stark.

Really exciting last-minute developments here.

This just in: Updated mock has Snypers now pulling ahead of Absent. Craaaazy!

Oh, and polls say that Ehlers is tops in most-overhyped prospect. Ahead of Chunk and Ayra Stark.

Really exciting last-minute developments here.

HAHAHAHA that was not funny.

But good try.

He has the same feisty approach but I disagree that they look similar. Ehlers looks far more like Patrick Kane int terms of his style.

I dont think you were attacking him.

Oh I thought he was a lot like Bure? So to some of you guys he looks like Kane and Bure? No wonder you guys would fall on a spear for him.

The argument you put forth is one who always wanted Ritchie to begin with. Just stop it.

Look. The guy was 26th in scoring. Huge body and all. 74 points in 61 games is not elite numbers. I hope you guys dont expect him to be a first line scorer. I dont.

The Mydraft guy updated his findings yesterday . Here they are.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014-NHL-Mock-Draft/

Nylander is 6th, Ehlers is 8th , Ritchie is now 12th and Virtanen is now 13th.

edit: Richie is 12th now, not 11th.

Ritchie at 12th? Sorry man I respect your opinion but that mock draft is garbage.

Just a question to you. In your opinion who are the top 3 Canucks prospects skill wise?

Oh I thought he was a lot like Bure? So to some of you guys he looks like Kane and Bure? No wonder you guys would fall on a spear for him.

You are getting too obnoxious . I am sure there are all kinds of comparisons made by different people and different scouts. Quit trying to pick fights with other posters.

Ritchie at 12th? Sorry man I respect your opinion but that mock draft is garbage.

His mocks are very good. Go check them out from various years. He is about as accurate as Mac Kenzie is who goes through the same process. I am sorry he doesnt have your guy where you want him ergo he = garbage .

He updates his list right up to the draft. Every 4 or 5 days using various lists and talking to various people. Just two weeks ago he had Ehlers at #13 then 11 then 9 now 8. I didnt think he was 'garbage' then .

I have only seen one other mock where Ritchie was below 11 and that was that Prospectus guy. He had him at #18 . The others have him anywhere from 7th to 9th.

You are getting too obnoxious . I am sure there are all kinds of comparisons made by different people and different scouts. Quit trying to pick fights with other posters.

His mocks are very good. Go check them out from various years. He is about as accurate as Mac Kenzie is who goes through the same process. I am sorry he doesnt have your guy where you want him ergo he = garbage .

He updates his list right up to the draft. Every 4 or 5 days using various lists and talking to various people. Just two weeks ago he had Ehlers at #13 then 11 then 9 now 8. I didnt think he was 'garbage' then .

I have only seen one other mock where Ritchie was below 11 and that was that Prospectus guy. He had him at #18 . The others have him anywhere from 7th to 9th.

18th? Dont even get me started. I think Ritchie is the 6th best and Ehlers is the 8th best prospect. Nylander is too high at 6th unless his combine is amazing.

Archived