The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we sign Brodeur?

camerican18

Do we sign Martin Brodeur?  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...

Marty will not finish his career as a backup to Lack. Lack will not waste a year playing backup to Marty. As much as I'd love to see Marty finish his career with the same team, there aren't too many teams out there, imo, that would give a 42 year old the space Marty needs.

If Brodeur doesn't resign with the Devils or retire, should the Canucks look at bringing in the veteran goalie to help Lack? He may be getting old but Marty can still play quite well. He could help Lack become a better goalie.

As far as I see it, Lack will be a pretty good goalie in the years to come. But a mentorship from someone as great as Martin could help a bit.

Playing, learning how to keep his body conditioned during a full season is what will help Lack the best when it comes to his development. He is ready to play a full season. If the circumstances change and he is injured or needs a certain amount of time off then another up and coming goaltender who needs to play to further his development is Markstrom and he will play. Ideally for the team they develop as a 1A, 1B tandem. Could be a special netminding tandem in Vancouver.

Marty will not finish his career as a backup to Lack. Lack will not waste a year playing backup to Marty. As much as I'd love to see Marty finish his career with the same team, there aren't too many teams out there, imo, that would give a 42 year old the space Marty needs.

I think it's safe to say Hiller is moving on from Anaheim. I think Brodeur signs in Anaheim for the next season, plays 40+ games and gives them a chance to bring home a Cup. I think the Ducks would be the perfect fit.

I think it's safe to say Hiller is moving on from Anaheim. I think Brodeur signs in Anaheim for the next season, plays 40+ games and gives them a chance to bring home a Cup. I think the Ducks would be the perfect fit.

I don't know why people think Brodeur is a starter on a decent team. He's been playing terribly and should have retired two years ago. He'd be a perfect fit in Buffalo to help the tank.

Marty's 42 years old and the last of the stand-up style goalies.

Not sure how much of a mentor he'd be when technically speaking, he plays a completely different style than goalies do nowadays.

Lack had his trial by fire last year, backstopping a team that was almost totally uninterested for the last half of the season.

He should be much better this year with a team that hopefully is a lot more motivated.

seriously guys...

Brodeur is in discussion for the greatest of ALL TIME at goaltending. He would definitely help Lack a tremendous amount!!! I don't think a 1 year contract would ruin Markstrom's development.

Markstrom could always continue his development elsewhere after he gets picked off of waivers for nothing. There is zero chance he would make it through waivers which unfortunately he would have to do to be assigned to the AHL. Some team with a veteran goalie looking for a potential future starter would snap him up and keep him as their backup.

Archived