The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft #6

Royals123423

Yup lets keep Kesler and stick him between Kassian and Ritchie... I wonder how many opposing players would suddenly get the Flu.

Ritchie prob wouldn't be ready in time to benifit Kesler much, heck, if he takes as long as Kassian, then Kass himself will be Keslers age by then.

Like the idea, but think the best way to do it would be by trading that pick for the right winger. That or signing one for $.

could we trade #6 and edler/tanev/bieksa for #5. If we stay at 6 and top 5 stay, Nylander or Virtanen. THATS IT. not ritchie or anyone else, if they do get taken, the person making the decision need to be fired. Nylander or Virtanen .

PS-I hope this makes our management hungry for the #1 next year

Nylander is talented yes but on the small side.

However, I would not take Sam Bennett If he dropped to 6th, purely because we already have a two way centre in Horvat. We need some skilled forwards like Galchenyuk in Montreal to compliment the future.

Then your opinion in invalid, as far as Im concerned. Not to be rude, but if they passed on Bennett my hair would probably fall out.

This is probably true after Linden's comments, but it's a big shame if so. Ehlers is the best pure offensive player coming out of this draft, has the highest ceiling, and looks like the only real game-breaker in the lot. Some team is going to look really good in retrospect for taking a chance on this guy, and I'm still hoping it's us.

Gilman was in attendance at 4 Moosehead games.(before we fell to #6)...That should tell us something

Just be glad the Canucks didn't pick 7th.

The Canucks have drafted 7th three times in their history.

Rick Lanz

Dale Woodley

Alek Stojanov

Lets just say those players didn't become stars.

We have also drafted 5th once (Rick Vaive who played 47 games with the Canucks), and we have drafted 8th once (Jason Herter played 1 NHL game).

The Canucks have never drafted 6th overall in their history.[/quote and Lanz was traded to Toronto for.....Jim Benning who was selected.....sixth overrall in 1981.

trade down and take virtanen.....

might be able to get another high pick along with him

Kid had 2 today at the U18's vs Sweden

I think this kid could have the most upside

The more I read and hear about this kid, the more I think he's who we should be looking at drafting at 6th. He won't be turning 18 August.

Could someone explain why we'd consider taking Dal Colle over Virtanen?

Virtanen is about the same height, but heavier, faster and more physical.

The more I read and hear about this kid, the more I think he's who we should be looking at drafting at 6th. He won't be turning 18 August.

Could someone explain why we'd consider taking Dal Colle over Virtanen?

Virtanen is about the same height, but heavier, faster and more physical.

Id take Dal if both were available but I will be happy if we end up with Ritchie or Virtanen.

Archived