The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft #6

Royals123423

If you are only thinking one or two years ahead then you are missing the point of drafting. Unlikely that anyone make the team from this draft.

Ehlers won't make the Canucks so it shouldn't matter if Ritchie does either. Ritchie is not a project or slow to develop. He isn't a project… he's a fully formed PWF.

Kassian and Ritchie play very different games.

Well if Ehlers and Ritchie both reach their potential are you honestly saying you would take Ritchie?

Hey I don't pay much attention to Jr hockey can someone elaborate on what kind of player ehlers is? Who is he comparable to?

And the same for Nylander and Deal Colle

As I posted earlier up the page, lots of good discussion on each of those players in the existing thread:

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

This is why it sucks having multiple threads on one subject.

Just gotta hope management agrees, if Burke likes Ritchie we can still pick up Dal Colle or Draisatil.

We lucked out at 6th overall. Ritchie is an X factor player that could very well be the best player in 4 years.

Well if Ehlers and Ritchie both reach their potential are you honestly saying you would take Ritchie?

If they reach their top end potential?

Everyday I take Ritchie.

That means he is one of the most dominating physical and scoring forwards in the NHL for the next 15 years. After that he'd be going to the HHOF alongside Messier, Clarke and Neely.

Is that likely to happen? No but any draft pick reaching their potential is low. A major factor is that Ritchie will approach his ceiling more quickly and is more certain to not stay at his floor than Ehlers.

In a fantasy world, If either ANA or PIT lose they will be forced to go after kesler hard.

KEsler + Higgins for Etem + 10th overall pick. At #10 one of Ehlers or Nylander may be available.

Edler + Hansen + 6th overall for Edm 3rd overall. With Ekblad/Reinhart taken by #1, #2.... Edmonton might be llooking to add a big winger (Virtanen, Ritchie) rather than draft another smallish Center that may be in similar mold to Gagner.. So they add defense, a little grit, and a big winger for #3 pick Sam Bennett (similar to Sam Gagner). We do this because we solidify a young blue chip Cman who will eventually be our 1C.

Next years team "retooled". All of a sudden we are allot bigger and younger.

Sedin Sedin Etem

Jensen Bennett Kassian

Santorelli Horvat Burrows

Booth Richardson Matthias

Sestito

Prospects coming up: Guance, Shink, Ehlers or Nylander

we need to draft whoever falls from the top 5

bennett

reinhart

MDC

leon

ekblad

Assuming one of them do drop. We are really gonna be clinching our cheeks if our only hope in this draft is hoping a top 5 drops, I hope one does but we are in a good position to get another quality prospect. May not be a house hold name but these drafts aren't black and white.

We could get the best player at 6 or even in the 2nd or 3rd round. Gotta put faith in scouting to get us the best possible players at each pick and not buy into "only these 5 are good".

If you are only thinking one or two years ahead then you are missing the point of drafting. Unlikely that anyone make the team from this draft.

Ehlers won't make the Canucks so it shouldn't matter if Ritchie does either. Ritchie is not a project or slow to develop. He isn't a project… he's a fully formed PWF.

Kassian and Ritchie play very different games.

Only if Reinhart or Ekblad would fall to us, then I would say you are wrong.

What do you guys think about Kesler+Hansen+5th Round for 1st overall+3rd Round so we have 1st and 6th

then take:

1st-Aaron Ekblad

And then if anyone from 2-5 falls take them or take:

6th-Nick Ritchie

Thoughts?

I'd enjoy it for the fact that we could get Ekblad and lose Kesler, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Assuming one of them do drop. We are really gonna be clinching our cheeks if our only hope in this draft is hoping a top 5 drops, I hope one does but we are in a good position to get another quality prospect. May not be a house hold name but these drafts aren't black and white.

We could get the best player at 6 or even in the 2nd or 3rd round. Gotta put faith in scouting to get us the best possible players at each pick and not buy into "only these 5 are good".

You are right in that no one can predict what will happen in the future and how these kids develop. Although those top 5 players have higher chances of being a superstar players but there will always be gems that are in lower picks/rounds that were overlooked.

I don't think Reinhart will make the NHL next year regardless of who takes him.

He needs another year.

Ekblad could. Shouldn't but could.

I see Ekblad in our roster next year, especially if we were to trade Edler. Ekblad is probably the only player that could be considered as a franchise player in this draft. I also would see Reinhart in our roster since he would be our best prospect by a long shot compared to any of our top draft picks like Horvat, Shinks, Cassels, jensen etc. Reinhart can be NHL ready as soon as next year since there is nothing to gain for him going back to juniors and he would thrive at the NHL level.

I see Ekblad in our roster next year, especially if we were to trade Edler. Ekblad is probably the only player that could be considered as a franchise player in this draft. I also would see Reinhart in our roster since he would be our best prospect by a long shot compared to any of our top draft picks like Horvat, Shinks, Cassels, jensen etc. Reinhart can be NHL ready as soon as next year since there is nothing to gain for him going back to juniors and he would thrive at the NHL level.

Physical maturity, commitment to defense and becoming a locker room leader.

Lots to gain for Reinhart to go back to junior.

Ritchie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pyatt.. oops I mean Perlini, and Virtanen

Ritchie or Nylander is my expectation.

I'd rather have Ehlers or Kapanen.

It might be wishful thinking but LEON is who I hope for. Dal Colle is who I expect to drop. Ritchie is who I expect the Canucks might take.

Archived