-------------------------------------------

To Vancouver

Derrick Poulliot D

Jayson Megna RW

2014 1st round pick

To Pittsburgh

Ryan Kesler

What do you guys think of these trades?

I really like the top six offensive potential of the home town boy Brett Connelly.

I would be ok with that return. Idk if TB would be willing to part with that much. I think they would rather give up their 1st this year instead. and I would ask for Pittsburgh's 1st next season instead.

Tampa will undoubtedly finish lower in the standings than the Penguins next season, so I'd much prefer Tampa's 1st.

Doubtful though that PIT trades Pouliot.

Poliout is basically a worse Mattaa. They don't really need him. Also, they've got a load of dmen prospects. Shero is under pressure to win the cup again, this trade makes them a real contender in my mind- unlike now where they're struggling to knock of the Jackets.

Like the idea of both trades but would change both.

To Vancouver

Brett Connelly C/RW

Nikita Kucherov W

2015 1st round pick

To Tampa Bay

Alex Edler D

Jordan Schroeder C/RW

If we give up more than this we keep Edler to increase his value. Less would be giving him away. Like the idea of the 2015 pick as value should be better later in the draft next year.

To Vancouver

Derrick Poulliot D

Oscar Sundqvist C

2014 1st round pick

To Pittsburgh

Ryan Kesler

Megan is 3 line potential and we have those, rather get a skilled center coming from Sweden looking up to Sedin.

To Vancouver

Brett Connelly C/RW

Nikita Kucherov W

2015 1st round pick

To Tampa Bay

Alex Edler D

Jordan Schroeder C/RW

If we give up more than this we keep Edler to increase his value. Less would be giving him away. Like the idea of the 2015 pick as value should be better later in the draft next year.

To Vancouver

Derrick Poulliot D

Oscar Sundqvist C

2014 1st round pick

To Pittsburgh

Ryan Kesler

Megan is 3 line potential and we have those, rather get a skilled center coming from Sweden looking up to Sedin.

I like your adjustments, But I really doubt TBY would part with Kucherov on top of BC and a 1st, maybe just a bit too much for Edler + Schroeder.

To Vancouver

Brett Connelly C/RW

Nikita Kucherov W

2015 1st round pick

To Tampa Bay

Alex Edler D

Jordan Schroeder C/RW

To Vancouver

Derrick Poulliot D

Oscar Sundqvist C

2014 1st round pick

To Pittsburgh

Ryan Kesler

You've overvalued Edler. No way we get Kucherov. Second trade is right on point.

I like your adjustments, But I really doubt TBY would part with Kucherov on top of BC and a 1st, maybe just a bit too much for Edler + Schroeder.

You've overvalued Edler. No way we get Kucherov. Second trade is right on point.

Thing is and has been said a lot. Edler is better than he's shown. His -39 isn't entirely his fault. Or even mostly his fault. Edler's GA/60 this season and the last two have been something like 2.42, 2.36 and 2.46. The defending hasn't changed. He's basically allowing goals at the same rate as always.

The reason he has a -39 is because he isn't getting any pluses. Edler has essentially been the unluckiest team in the league. His PDO is low, driven by a 3.6% on-ice shooting percentage. That's the lowest of any defenseman in the league. Unless you think Edler's mere presence on the ice turns the Canucks into a 3.6% shooting team, I don't know what to tell you.

Points are down too because well, everyone's points are down too. PP sucks, so there's a chunk of production gone. Edler is capable of playing a lot of minutes. He's been very unlucky. He's had a ton of own goals deflect off him. Sure it's obviously not his best year, but a lot of that was outside his control. When I watch him play I don't see a different player than in the past.

IMO he's a solid #2. A good complement to someone who can move the puck better or who is more mobile than him. If you're asking Edler to carry your first pair, that's probably bad utilization.

This is why if we can't get enough value, we would be stupid to trade him.

Pittsburgh might want to trade a contract to make it easier to fit under the cap (although it is going up). I'm not sure of any expiring contracts that could cost them a lot of money, but if they have any I think they'd add a player like Sutter.

To Vancouver

Brett Connelly C/RW

Nikita Kucherov W

2015 1st round pick

To Tampa Bay

Alex Edler D

Jordan Schroeder C/RW

To Vancouver

Derrick Poulliot D

Oscar Sundqvist C

2014 1st round pick

To Pittsburgh

Ryan Kesler

Ya, I don't think we land Kucherov either, and personally I'd rather have a D prospect. I'd love to get Koekkoek, but doubt we get a 2015 first in addition to him. Maybe Connelly, Koekkoek and a 2014 second. That or trade Edler straight up for Drouin ;) .

Kesler trade is perfect with Sundqvist over Megna. I.e. Poulliot, Sundqvist and the first. If it is a really low first maybe a 2015 first instead?

With those deals we would have 2 good shots at a solid top line pairing moving D, and 2 very solid centres moving forward with Horvat and Sundqvist. With Connelly, Kassian, Jensen, plus our #6 pick this year, and assuming one of Shinkaruk, Cassels, or Fox hit, we should have enough solid forwards to hope for a legitimate top line to transition from the Sedins, The only thing we would really be lacking in our system would be solid shut-down defenders, although Cederholm may pan out. I dont have a lot of faith in our other d prospects. But strong stay at home defensemen are harder to project, so you maybe just draft with numbers hoping a few pan out.

Tampa does not go for that trade at all.

Connolly is better than Schroeder, their 1st is more valuable than Edler (there is 0 point trading Edler right now, his value is at an all time low, he was abominable this year and I doubt other teams in the league didn't notice), and Paquette at his worst is a wash with McNally.

Pittsburgh trade is fair enough though.

Archived