The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ADF: (1) Boston Bruins vs (3) Montreal Canadiens

Who will win the series?  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They wouldn't have been downtown to begin with unless they were in favor of the canucks winning the game. Even if they wanted to just party they could have done that at home, they didn't have to come downtown from out of town unless they wanted to celebrate the possible win.

And yes I was downtown I was watching the game with my dad.

Wrong.

People mostly from the suburbs came with the intention to riot no matter if we won or lost.

A couple of things. Hamilton sure looks good, Suban shoudn't have low bridged Thornton ( as much I don't have sympathy ...live by the sword etc ) but it rallied the Bruins for sure. Maybe the Bruins are just waking up. Memo to Gallagher ( just like Suban shouldn't have taken out Thornton ) keep your mouth shut and stop stirring the Bruins up. You do more damage than good. Price will save every thing he can see, get some traffic in front of him

Having watched the replay a couple times, Subban certainly didn't do it on purpose, he was trying to reach around to grab the puck and ended up on his knees as Thornton was in the middle of doing a forecheck on him and tried to back out of it. I don't know how an accidental injury caused the Bruins to rally back, Montreal's defense basically shut down after the 2-0 lead.

Vancouver Melts down to Boston

Toronto Melts down to Boston

Montreal Melts down to Boston.

Man they have a sick team.

ugh.

Today's game anyways, it wasn't so much a meltdown as Boston got a couple of lucky goals and momentum took over.

Wrong.

People mostly from the suburbs came with the intention to riot no matter if we won or lost.

This. This. This.

difference is Boston fans that paid for the game threw bottles and random teenagers that don't know a thing about hockey wanted to come downtown an start a riot regardless.

The real canucks fans were devastated NOT angry. I was just walking through downtown depressed and thinking about hockey not any of the idiots rioting around me. A game 7 scf loss is devastating for a fan - it doesn't make you riot.

riots were started by people who just wanted to riot.

Yes I've seen pictures of rioters with canucks apparel but a 15 dollar t shirt is a lot different than a fan who would dish out 500 bucks to sit behind the Habs bench.

Not surprised that this has turned into a debate of which fanbase is the most classless. :rolleyes:

The fact is, all fanbases have their share of idiots. FWIW, Subban himself said that the Twitter comments are not indicative of the city of Boston.

I would agree and say that it is no moreso than the fact that the riot is not indicative of the Canucks fanbase.

As far as the game goes, the Bs were lucky, but a good team takes advantage of their breaks. The Habs were definitely getting the advantage on calls from the zebras, so one could argue that their lead was also a product of taking advantage of opportunities.

Price was terrific as well, at least up until the Smith goal. I still can't quite figure out what happened to him on that one...

Having watched the replay a couple times, Subban certainly didn't do it on purpose, he was trying to reach around to grab the puck and ended up on his knees as Thornton was in the middle of doing a forecheck on him and tried to back out of it. I don't know how an accidental injury caused the Bruins to rally back, Montreal's defense basically shut down after the 2-0 lead.

I love how the Bruins are beyond dirty but get all uptight about any perceived dirty play against them. It looked to me that Thornton was about to board Subban. He was in the middle of a shot and Thornton was out of control. Not a cheap play IMO

I love how the Bruins are beyond dirty but get all uptight about any perceived dirty play against them. It looked to me that Thornton was about to board Subban. He was in the middle of a shot and Thornton was out of control. Not a cheap play IMO

Exactly. Yzerman did the same thing to Pronger except Pronger smashed his face into the boards. As far as I know Pronger didn't bitch.

In 2011 the habs were the closest team to knocking the bruins out but the bruins just got by in game 7 overtime. I think the same will happen this time around.

Except the 2014 Habs are waaayyyy better than the 2011 Habs. Just imagine if they get Galchenyuk back this series...

Archived