The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts Fired

Strombone1

1 for the 3rd time. Regardless of who is in your division....... winning a division title is much much much much more difficult then getting the 8th playoff spot. btw last year North West Division had 2 teams in the playoffs. You made it sound like we were only winning games in our division. We were out right beating teams in other divisions too, and had a winning record against every division in the WEst.

2 It's not a question about power play, its right there for us to see, this is our worst offensive year IN TEAM HISTORY. WTF IS THAT!!!!

3 Torterella sucks as a coach. Owner ship should have let Mike Gillis chose the coach.

4 I didn't challenge the CAnucks to win the division title this year, or mentioned anything about winning the division this year. I compared too winning a division title, vs not even coming close to a playoff spot.

what I was trying to say was that the team Torterella was currently coaching happened to win 5 straight division titles, yes Tortertella couldn't even get us into a playoff spot? That is not even close.

1-we played interdivisional opponents more than other teams.

2-A large chunk of our offensive used to come from our pp or have you forgotten?

3-Your opinion-not actual fact.

4-not coming close to a playoff spot tends to happen when you go practically winless against divisional opponents

Going to be equally exciting to see who takes over the GM role next year. If the rumours are true about Jim Benning from Boston, we just might be blessed with competency in office for once.

Liked most of the deals the Bruins have made over the past few years except the Seguin to Dallas trade; but that was the result of "team style" so they say.

Hopefully this team knows what's best for it and see's the Sedins, Hamhuis, Bieksa, along with a few other core members surrounded by young kids. Chicago is probably the best example of a team in the last few years lucking out, but doing it right. Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, Keith, and then a plethora of random young, cheap, talent that seems to carry them far every year.

Well Tortz got 2 big things done which I thank him for:

1. Provided some entertainment off the ice because I knew the players weren't gonna give much.

2. He helped show to all the people that didn't get it that this team isn't a contender and it's time to move on. I've been preaching this for ages and I'm thrilled people are finally clueing in.

FailBan Lolji stupid?

Thank you for refocusing on the real issue here.

This whole situation is essentially the work of the biggest douchebag in Canadian sports media.

Farhan Lalji is a leech that should be banned from the Canucks locker room.

Stirs up controversy to sell. A piece of absolute $#!+.

Linden wants to bring excitement back into the game; Torts defensive system doesn't really accommodate that.

But I don't understand how the same people who got bored of his system now want Trotz (an even more defensive guy). <_<

Torts is not a bad coach and I thought he was decent. This will come back to bite us.

I hope next season when we do just as bad people will understand that the problem wasn't AV, nor Torts, nor the next guy at the helm but the players themselves.

This whole situation is essentially the work of the biggest douchebag in Canadian sports media.

I thought it was botch we hated?

or is it both?

also i remember Farhan starting crap with kesler last year.

i need a good core rocking. ive got restless leg syndrome

:lol: .. good one .. is it phantom leg syndrome? .. how bad would that be .. to have RLS in your artificial leg? .. I knew a guy with a peg-lag way back in Lillooet and that guy was the best dancer I ever seen .. spin like a top with his wife in his arms .. ;)

Well I have to say that I'm interested to see how a GM who was the head of the players association is going to significantly improve this team.Without trading any of the NTC protected core.Without asking them to waive rights they have negotiated.Without asking long time fan favourites to think about playing somewhere else and not retiring here.Without trading the young guns the team has aquired.Without trading the #6 pick or for that matter the coveted 2015 pick.The new coach will have to stay no matter what as another coach firing would be the laughing stock.Not too many options for a guy that is pro player and friends with the core players.

Going to be equally exciting to see who takes over the GM role next year. If the rumours are true about Jim Benning from Boston, we just might be blessed with competency in office for once.

Liked most of the deals the Bruins have made over the past few years except the Seguin to Dallas trade; but that was the result of "team style" so they say.

Hopefully this team knows what's best for it and see's the Sedins, Hamhuis, Bieksa, along with a few other core members surrounded by young kids. Chicago is probably the best example of a team in the last few years lucking out, but doing it right. Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, Keith, and then a plethora of random young, cheap, talent that seems to carry them far every year.

difference is chicagos core is 100 times better than ours, sadly sedins are not 1st liners anymore

Torts called Farhan an azzhole, so this must be delicious for that facetious, scumbag .. he is somewhere beneath the proverbial 'doosh-nozzle' in statur .. Trevor should ban him and cut TSN out of the loop until they get their collective excrement together

I thought it was botch we hated?

or is it both?

also i remember Farhan starting crap with kesler last year.

Lalji always goes on TEAM 1040 and stirs dissent. The guy is a cancer.

He asked Kesler about asking for a trade, to which Kesler refuted and shot daggers at him.

Archived