The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen-Do we need him?

dbutcher

2011-12. 39 Points, 16 goals and +12.

I'd rather dump Booth and keep Hansen. At least he shows up every night.

Oh, and by the way. Take the lockout season and give it 82 games, Hansen was on pace for 45 points.

My only concern is that Hansen picked up most of his points in those situation because he was playing 1st or 2nd line minutes .. If he is on the 3rd, or 4th line (which is where he would thrive), he would be lucky to get 25 points in a season.

My only concern is that Hansen picked up most of his points in those situation because he was playing 1st or 2nd line minutes .. If he is on the 3rd, or 4th line (which is where he would thrive), he would be lucky to get 25 points in a season.

You've got a point there. But I think the idea of a 3rd and 4th line is as a "checking line" that can chip in some goals. He's proven he can do that, stone hands or not.

Lots of good points both ways on Hansen.

I think we all hope that one young prospect or 2 will take his spot...... an injection of youth

I hope we can all agree that if he gets dealt, we can at least thank him for the work ethic and positive attitude. I bet he will be very tough to play AGAINST

Was he misused by Tortz last year? seeing him on the bench while the Twins were killing penalty after penalty expected to block shots..........................................I think I'd rather Hansen drop in front of those than either of the twins.

Training camp will be a dog fight I hope, CAN'T WAIT

If we want to do a retool, he's definitely a guy that can and will be moved. Maybe wait for the trade deadline at the very latest, and if he is just as quiet as last season under a new coach, he should be packaged somewhere. Or trade him in the summer if the opportunity is there.

I so agree with you

Lots of good points both ways on Hansen.

I think we all hope that one young prospect or 2 will take his spot...... an injection of youth

I hope we can all agree that if he gets dealt, we can at least thank him for the work ethic and positive attitude. I bet he will be very tough to play AGAINST

Was he misused by Tortz last year? seeing him on the bench while the Twins were killing penalty after penalty expected to block shots..........................................I think I'd rather Hansen drop in front of those than either of the twins.

Training camp will be a dog fight I hope, CAN'T WAIT

I was hoping we can fill the fourth line with some youth with Hansen in it. I feel that might make the fourth line at least useful.

I'm not sure what line it would be. Maybe like Hansen on one side and Archibauld on the other. Not sure who the centre is. Richardson? Lain?

Before we are in a hurry to throw things away. Hansen can be made useful if put in a good position. And we definitely have good young players for the bottom six. Its not all bad. Our situation is not necessarily that bad.

Not sure where Mathias might go and what kind of a player he is.

I was hoping we can fill the fourth line with some youth with Hansen in it. I feel that might make the fourth line at least useful.

I'm not sure what line it would be. Maybe like Hansen on one side and Archibauld on the other. Not sure who the centre is. Richardson? Lain?

That's quite the risk for a player that doesn't seem to bring anything special in a fourth line role.

That's quite the risk for a player that doesn't seem to bring anything special in a fourth line role.

THe fourth line role, as you say, can be anything you need. Hansen at the very least is a pretty decent defensive player as well as a checker.

Richardson and Hansen played well together briefly this year. Either Archie or Lain for some size would be interesting.

Looking at the 4th lines tonight, LA Chicago, we need to improve

As bleak as some people claim we are in, we definitely do have some options.

As bleak as some people claim we are in, we definitely do have some options.

Not really sure why our situation is so dire. After reading through some of the other threads you would think the sky is falling.

We have some good assets to move around or see if we can keep if need be. I believe you'll see the twins, burrows, and Kesler (still led us in goal scoring, but regardless) rebound after last seasons "defensive" debacle.

I keep reading about people trading this player or that player, but in my mind, and going off what TLJB saying they plan on making the playoffs this year, we need to add to some of our players to gain strength, not make us weaker...

Kesler needs a serious top six winger to make him shine. A lot of people have a lot to say about his attitude, but Kesler wants to win, plain and simple, and if he sees management not making moves to make his team better, he's gonna be pissed off. And tbh I can't say I blame him.

Daniel needs to regain form after being seemingly plagued by his concussion, whether it's physical or mental, he needs to get his confidence back.

Burrows is coming off a pretty abysmal season, but on the other hand, coming back into what looked like a pretty damn unhappy dressing room and trying to find your game can't be that easy.

We absolutely need to find some talent to make this a successful season (a puck moving defenceman and a top 6 goal scorer would be ideal), but I think this core still has some juice in the tank, and having followed these guys their entire careers in a canucks jerseys, I am 100% still cheering them on to stay here.

I think we have some good talent on this team for sure, and with the recent moves done in upper management I'm very excited for this upcoming draft and the 2014-15 season. Whether we shoot for some big shuffles to break the core up, or re-tool our lineup, or give our young guys a shot at the big show, it'll make for a very entertaining season.

Not really sure why our situation is so dire. After reading through some of the other threads you would think the sky is falling.

We have some good assets to move around or see if we can keep if need be. I believe you'll see the twins, burrows, and Kesler (still led us in goal scoring, but regardless) rebound after last seasons "defensive" debacle.

I keep reading about people trading this player or that player, but in my mind, and going off what TLJB saying they plan on making the playoffs this year, we need to add to some of our players to gain strength, not make us weaker...

Kesler needs a serious top six winger to make him shine. A lot of people have a lot to say about his attitude, but Kesler wants to win, plain and simple, and if he sees management not making moves to make his team better, he's gonna be pissed off. And tbh I can't say I blame him.

Daniel needs to regain form after being seemingly plagued by his concussion, whether it's physical or mental, he needs to get his confidence back.

Burrows is coming off a pretty abysmal season, but on the other hand, coming back into what looked like a pretty damn unhappy dressing room and trying to find your game can't be that easy.

We absolutely need to find some talent to make this a successful season (a puck moving defenceman and a top 6 goal scorer would be ideal), but I think this core still has some juice in the tank, and having followed these guys their entire careers in a canucks jerseys, I am 100% still cheering them on to stay here.

I think we have some good talent on this team for sure, and with the recent moves done in upper management I'm very excited for this upcoming draft and the 2014-15 season. Whether we shoot for some big shuffles to break the core up, or re-tool our lineup, or give our young guys a shot at the big show, it'll make for a very entertaining season.

People were claiming rebuild and blow up the team. Trade this and trade that. I felt like we just had an off year. We still have the right pieces and with some moving around, we'll be back sooner then later.

Also, regarding the bottom six, someone like Darren Archibald has played well enough to be given a chance at that bottom six spot. We don't have to go thru free agency.

True that biggest thing is support of the team.

I think people feel that way because they want fresh blood in that slot. We know what he can do and want to see what others can do.

Basically this. I feel a trade could benefit everyone. It opens up 2.5 million in cap space and a roster spot for someone like Jensen, and Hansen gets a fresh start. I feel like things have gotten stale on all sides (player, organization, even the fans).

I would not judge any players on this team solely on last year. Between injuries, struggles, and Torts completely mismanaging this team, everyone is so quick to get rid of guys like Edler, Garrison, Hansen, Higgins, Burrows, etc. I think CDC generally has "what have you done for me lately" thing going on, and I think its ridiculous. I am 100% biased because Hansen is my favorite player, but I absolutely see no reason to get rid of him. Another thing I hate about CDC is everyone gets mad when players don't score a million points every year. Hansen is not a 1st line player, get over it people. What Hansen does is play an extremely responsible two way game, great forechecking and backchecking. He can occasionally lay down a nice hit. He wont score a ton of points, but he does find the net from time to time. Has very nice chemistry with Higgins. He goes out every shift and puts in more heart than anyone else on the roster. He is a perfect 3rd line player with a very team friendly cap hit. While I agree he is not the single biggest necessity to this roster, he is still a player that should be part of our long term plan. He wants to be in Vancouver, and he deserves to remain in Vancouver.

I would not judge any players on this team solely on last year. Between injuries, struggles, and Torts completely mismanaging this team, everyone is so quick to get rid of guys like Edler, Garrison, Hansen, Higgins, Burrows, etc. I think CDC generally has "what have you done for me lately" thing going on, and I think its ridiculous. I am 100% biased because Hansen is my favorite player, but I absolutely see no reason to get rid of him. Another thing I hate about CDC is everyone gets mad when players don't score a million points every year. Hansen is not a 1st line player, get over it people. What Hansen does is play an extremely responsible two way game, great forechecking and backchecking. He can occasionally lay down a nice hit. He wont score a ton of points, but he does find the net from time to time. Has very nice chemistry with Higgins. He goes out every shift and puts in more heart than anyone else on the roster. He is a perfect 3rd line player with a very team friendly cap hit. While I agree he is not the single biggest necessity to this roster, he is still a player that should be part of our long term plan. He wants to be in Vancouver, and he deserves to remain in Vancouver.

When Jensen was called up and playing, i thought he did well with the Sedins. With that in mind, imagine the potential and possiblity. Maybe Burrows could go back to playing with Kesler as they had good chemistry in the past. Kassian has been coming along nicely and improved. I refused to believe that we are in such a bad situation.

As much as I like Hansen I think the team has to move some players and he is a guy that could fetch a fair bit back (possibly a 2nd / 3rd depending on the team)

He is a good 3rd line guy that can play some quality PK mins and in a pinch can fill in admirably on the 2nd line but right now I'd like to think that the 3rd / 4th line might be where some prospects can slide in and get some valuable experience.

Archived