The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen-Do we need him?

dbutcher

So I have seen allot of comments about getting rid of Hansen, various threads throughout CDC, that I have read and re read, but not posted a reply.

I gotta ask the question-- Why?

28 years old, 2.5 mill cap hit.

30-35 points per season.

Can defiantly play a shut down defensive game consistently.

has speed to burn! or has he slowed down and gotten stale like the "CORE"?

He can hit when needed, we have seen that

yes I agree he has hands of stone at times, but once a while really surprises.

So who would replace him in the bottom 6?

Does anyone remember Tortz poking Hansen on the bench early in the season? yelling at him for not back checking or something? seems like Hansen wasn't the only one to tune him out and in his mind saying "%&#^* You.

Just throwing it out there as I'm not a Hansen fanatic fan but have always appreciated the hard work the guy puts in night after night.

I like Hansen in 3rd line role, he shouldn't be top6. Great on PK.

I think he gets put into a lot of trades as a valuable complimentary player to a cup contender.

His game relies on speed, as he get into his 30s speed will decrease, as will effectiveness. Trade now for prospects if we aren't a contender.

Hands of stone has good hustle not worth 2.5 mill when we can get Kenins to fill his spot at 600 k

Let's trade Hansen buyout booth frees up 18.25 mill in cap space play 3 rookies Kenins corrado and horvat. Resign kasssian and a 2/3 decent free agents look out we will be scary

Nope. I like the way he plays, but I'd rather get some fresh legs on the team and make a line like this.

Kass Horvat Jensen

Every successful team has some young guns in their lineup and that's something we've lacked for many years.

is that ^ a pun directed towards Eddie Lack?

Hansen is 3 rd line max. I wonder what the advanced stats say about how many times he has fanned on a wide open net.

You think hes liked in the room? His voice would drive me nuts, maybe make me want to punch him once in awhile.

2011-12. 39 Points, 16 goals and +12.

I'd rather dump Booth and keep Hansen. At least he shows up every night.

Oh, and by the way. Take the lockout season and give it 82 games, Hansen was on pace for 45 points.

I actually want both gone..Booth and Hansen..lets clear the decks

Hands of stone has good hustle not worth 2.5 mill when we can get Kenins to fill his spot at 600 k

Let's trade Hansen buyout booth frees up 18.25 mill in cap space play 3 rookies Kenins corrado and horvat. Resign kasssian and a 2/3 decent free agents look out we will be scary

agreed..not opposed to Burrows leaving as well..not a popular thought but we have to get real,,,package some of these guys and a draft pick..see what we get.

As Burke said..Ill drive him to the airport,,he isnt the only one who should depart and let this team mini rebuild....we keep these guys around and what are we achieving, the same team as last year?

We need to inject youth and goal scoring into this team..lets get real..we are not trading the Sedins...someone has to go.

The funny thing about that is he ended up driving himself to the airport :lol:

Why all this hate for Hansen?? He brings a lot of intangible aspects to winning games. It doesn't always show up in points, but he gives it his all, and does what it takes to win games. This is the exact kind of guy we need more of if this team is going to make another post-season. Do we need Jannik Hansen? Yes. Yes we do.

Hansen should have been killing penalties, much before the twins. That's my take on him. Is he a 2nd line guy? No! But, he does many little things well, and should be cast in the 3rd or 4th line. Torts totally misused him last season, plus he went through the injury bug as well.

agreed..not opposed to Burrows leaving as well..not a popular thought but we have to get real,,,package some of these guys and a draft pick..see what we get.

It's not a popular thought because Burrows has been an automatic 25 goal scorer 5 of the last 6 years. Not something we can just get rid of IMO..

If we want to do a retool, he's definitely a guy that can and will be moved. Maybe wait for the trade deadline at the very latest, and if he is just as quiet as last season under a new coach, he should be packaged somewhere. Or trade him in the summer if the opportunity is there.

As Burke said..Ill drive him to the airport,,he isnt the only one who should depart and let this team mini rebuild....we keep these guys around and what are we achieving, the same team as last year?

We need to inject youth and goal scoring into this team..lets get real..we are not trading the Sedins...someone has to go.

That blustering blabbermouth was sent packing years ago, thank you. Until some of these kids are ready for the NHL, we do need him in the lineup.

Higgins - Santorelli - Hansen ... Yes I think keeping those 3 as a line for the next few years is definitely desirable.

Potentially 120 points coming from that line per year.

It is the rest of the lineup that really needs a change.

Does nothing in the playoffs and disappears for long stretches during the regular season. Everyone just has it in there heads that he's a hard worker. We have too many hansens on the team hard workers that can't make the skilled play and finish a clutch goal. Sick of seeing crap goals

How many? because if we get all the Hansons together we can just Mmmbop our way to a cup.

Higgins - Santorelli - Hansen ... Yes I think keeping those 3 as a line for the next few years is definitely desirable.

Potentially 120 points coming from that line per year.

It is the rest of the lineup that really needs a change.

Great 3rd line.

Archived