The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wont ask Alex Edler to waive NTC

AriGold

the more i hear about tading garrison or edler, and as some on here have even said Hamhuis, just no to that!!! i think we see what winnipeg ,toronto,montreal would give for bieksa and hope there is a TO deal to be had i i'd bet that bieksa would waive in the offseason when moving and stuff would have ample opportunity

the more i hear about tading garrison or edler, and as some on here have even said Hamhuis, just no to that!!! i think we see what winnipeg ,toronto,montreal would give for bieksa and hope there is a TO deal to be had i i'd bet that bieksa would waive in the offseason when moving and stuff would have ample opportunity

I think Bieksa is safer on this team than Hamhuis is.

I think Bieksa is safer on this team than Hamhuis is.

Bieksa can't play the game Hamhuis can play. Hammer (like many others) struggled last season, but I don't expect that to continue.

If I had to choose one or the other, it would suck, but sorry Kevin.

That article tells me a lot,

The Edler quote where he talks about trusting his instincts yells me that he's the type of person that needs to NOT think about what he's doing to access his best.

This is a very common trait of right brain people, they must bypass their left brain thinking center to perform.

It's clear how having a coach ask him to constantly be thinking about what he's doing would destroy his game.

Most people may not relate to this, but I certainly do, working in the music business I encounter it all the time, Certain people, when micro-managed, can't perform. It's then up to the producer (or in this case the coach) to pull the necessary perfomance out of them, without asking them to constantly self-analyize.

Edler just got a pass with me.

you actually typed that out? Eberle is a "proven" money player....

I would argue he has proven nothing, but he is only 24 years old.

I expect Nylander and Ehlers to be 30 -35 goal scoring guys. High end speed and skill. Eberle has sick hands but his speed isnt even good at NHL levels. I honestly expect these two players to be better than Eberle.

Doesnt mean it will come to be. You are right, its quite a hurdle but I believe in their talent.

I would argue he has proven nothing, but he is only 24 years old.

I expect Nylander and Ehlers to be 30 -35 goal scoring guys. High end speed and skill. Eberle has sick hands but his speed isnt even good at NHL levels. I honestly expect these two players to be better than Eberle.

Doesnt mean it will come to be. You are right, its quite a hurdle but I believe in their talent.

Eberle IS already a 40 goal scorer...i'm not trying to argue ...but two unprover players do not equate to a canadian clutch player...Eberle is one of those "Special" players , when given the chance he can elevate his game to a level beyond his thought of skill set

Bieksa can't play the game Hamhuis can play. Hammer (like many others) struggled last season, but I don't expect that to continue.

With Edler staying, I'm honestly not sure what our situation is. None of our "big four"(including edler) can be moved without significant damage.

Hammer: excellent contact and signed for a discount. He's a great shutdown guy.

Bieksa: most likely out of the three to be moved in my opinion. But he's gotten as better defensively, and has a huge heart for the team.

Garrison: top scoring defenseman in our team by quite a bit. Signed for a hometown discount.

By trading any of these guys, it skills drastically reduce our already precariously dangerous appeal to the free agent market. That means unfortunately our most likely trade from the d core is tanev. There's absolutely no reason to trade Garry or Hammer.

that would be setting a very bad precedent for future BC boys to take less and play at home.

I'm not saying either are being traded I just think Bieksa is safer than Hamhuis.

In no way is it even implied in my post that Hamhuis is/was the problem and should/would be traded.

Just that Bieksa is as safe or safer than Hammer. IMO Neither of them are going anywhere.

They're different players who bring different elements. In some weird world where we had to pick the better player I'm going with Hammer as well but neither are very likely to be moved. I think though in a world where they want to make a trade and it comes to putting one or the other on the block they may pick Hammer because of what he could bring back.

Archived