The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

I'd qualify that

A glut of 2-4 dmen (no real number 1) but no real #5/6 all very solid 2-4 players

And not a glut of top 9 players, a glut of strong 6-9 players, who are not just role players but contributors in the 3rd line role...but we do lack a strong top 6, doubt many can argue that.

That being said a number of teams need those

Edmonton

Isles

Florida

All drafting above us

Fair enough.

The reasoning is the same. We actually have depth of vets in positions that are needed where most of the other top 5 teams really don't

TBH I don't think Sam Reinhart and any of the top 3 is worth moving up. I think our 6th plus Jensen/Tanev>>>>>>>>Reinhart

To be honest I will agree with this. but if we are losing Kesler it makes it much more feasible for us to do this and prepare for the post Sedin era in Vancouver with a 1-2 of Reinhart-Horvat

I'd rather we go after Ekblad if we're trading Tanev to get to the 1st. With our old d core close to retiring/declining, who's gonna be our guy on the back end in the future? Stanton? Hutton? Lol good luck with that

Who's going to replace Henrik?

What would be the smarter move? Make a deal with Tallon before, or after the Kesler trade? Provided Kesler isn't included in the FLA deal.

After.

Any deal in which we can move redundant pieces such as our bottom 9 or top 4 and just a pick or two while still being able to upgrade our prospects and retain a 1st round pick or two while still moving up to the 1st overall...

Is worth us debating where to put Benning and Lindens' statues

I think you hit the nail on the head with Kassian and unless we get certain pieces in a Kesler deal I'm not sure I'm comfortable moving Kassian.

I'm not. We need Kass as a part of this core moving forward. I'd rather move Burrows. Burrows, Tanev and the 6th for our future #1 centerman.

Which is why Benning would have to work with Anaheim and Florida to try and get back pieces that Florida would want, if he wanted to get a deal for the first overall done.

I could see Tallon valuing a player like Smith-Pelley from Anaheim. Add him to the 6th overall plus Garrison, and I bet you they're interested.

Hey DeNiro, what do you think about if we were to acquire Emerson Etem via a Kesler trade, would you be cool with Kassian being included in a deal for #1? The fact that Shink has the chemistry with Etem is very enticing.

I'm not. We need Kass as a part of this core moving forward. I'd rather move Burrows. Burrows, Tanev and the 6th for our future #1 centerman.

I don't want Kassian dealt either. But I also don't want to trade Tanev. I'm pretty big on him. I think he'll keep getting better next year. Unfortunately, other gm's notice this to.

I don't want Kassian dealt either. But I also don't want to trade Tanev. I'm pretty big on him. I think he'll keep getting better next year. Unfortunately, other gm's notice this to.

With players like HUtton, Cederholm and apotential return of Pouliot or Vatanen, I am comfortable losing Tanev, mroe so than Kassian

Kesler

Etem theodorr or vatanan

10th

24th

Then

Tanev 6th 24th hansen

1st overall

Draft reinhart and virtanen

Sedin sedin jensen

shinkaruk reinhart etem

Virtanen horvat kassian

matthias gaunce richardson