The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

If we can acquire the 10th and the 24th in a deal with Anaheim for Kesler, it makes a move for Reinhart much more likely.

Then we can trade the 6th and the 24th plus a guy like Jensen, and still have the 10th overall and Reinhart to show or it.

I think if we trade Kesler at all we can afford to comfortably trade for Reinhart. If we get at least 3 young assets of any kind it we can afford to offer Jensen or Tanev as we might have Bennett or whoever coming our way to take their place.

The deal essentially becomes Kesler for Reinhart.

I did forget that,

In that case it's Kassian or nothing,

Nah, I can still see something being swung around Garrison or Tanev the pick and a middling prospect w/c like Labatte or Mallet with the 6th overall.

Garrison or Tanev will work well with Campbell Mallett/Labatte give them a grittier winger that they don't have in the system and that 6th gets them Ehlers or Nylander.

This isn't to say that Toronto, Carolina, Edm or even NYI couldn't put together a comparabale or better package, but I am not arguing on their behalf now am i ;)

I think if we trade Kesler at all we can afford to comfortably trade for Reinhart. If we get at least 3 young assets of any kind it we can afford to offer Jensen or Tanev as we might have Bennett or whoever coming our way to take their place.

The deal essentially becomes Kesler for Reinhart.

Exactly.

The assets will be there if we trade Kesler. The only question is, is it worth it to pay the price for Reinhart, or are we better off just keeping the picks and prospects.

Having the 6th, 10th, 24th, and Etem/Palmieri/Vatenen

Or

Having Reinhart, the 10th, and Etem/Palmieri/Vatenen, and possibly subtracting Jensen and Tanev.

We might be better off keeping the picks at the end of the day and taking 3 first rounders.

Nylander, Ritchie, and Lemieux would be a pretty good haul. Not to mention adding a guy like Etem.

Future:

Ritchie Nylander Jensen

Shinkaruk Etem Kassian

Lemieux Horvat Cassels

Not a bad bad group of young players if you ask me. A great mix of size, skill, and tenacity.

Exactly.

The assets will be there if we trade Kesler. The only question is, is it worth it to pay the price for Reinhart, or are we better off just keeping the picks and prospects.

Having the 6th, 10th, 24th, and Etem/Palmieri/Vatenen

Or

Having Reinhart, the 10th, and Etem/Palmieri/Vatenen, and possibly subtracting Jensen and Tanev.

We might be better off keeping the picks at the end of the day and taking 3 first rounders.

Nylander, Ritchie, and Lemieux would be a pretty good haul. Not to mention adding a guy like Etem.

Future:

Ritchie Nylander Jensen

Shinkaruk Etem Kassian

Lemieux Horvat Cassels

Not a bad bad group of young players if you ask me. A great mix of size, skill, and tenacity.

I realize the trade you are proposing is the cdc flavour of the week but I don't see the ducks trade both 1st rounders and etem for Kesler.

Ya but proven doesn't mean Garrison and Burrows.

With all do respect...how much more PROVEN do you need?

Garrisons best years are/were with Campbell. He has played on some solid systems and barring last year has only had career years really all while playing on his off side and or in uncomfortable situations with multiple different and less than consistent D pairings.

Burrows only plays PK, PP top 9 in ALL situations multiple 20 and 30 goal seasons under his belt, one of the most prolific OT and GWG players in canucks history and only scored the clutch goals in almost every playoff series he's ever been in including the back breaking game 7 OT winner against Chicago which propelled the Nucks in to the SCF. All while being an undrafted ball hockey player

So again I ask you...how much more proven do you get?

I realize the trade you are proposing is the cdc flavour of the week but I don't see the ducks trade both 1st rounders and etem for Kesler.

Than you don't see Kesler going to the Ducks

As it will cost that and either Etem/Rakell/Theodore or Vatanen. Anaheim can roll the dice on any of the other amazing 2 way centers out there like....or....and maybe....

See, nobody else available to fill the hole ;)

Murray said himself that they were pushing hard for Kesler and that his firsts were on the table.

Another young asset was rumored to be involved, and it wasn't one of their roster players. So it's your guess as to who that was.

This is all from direct and credible sources too.

The two first round picks will be the starting point. Kesler's value will be high, as it should be. He puts the Ducks over the top.

With all do respect...how much more PROVEN do you need?

Garrisons best years are/were with Campbell. He has played on some solid systems and barring last year has only had career years really all while playing on his off side and or in uncomfortable situations with multiple different and less than consistent D pairings.

Burrows only plays PK, PP top 9 in ALL situations multiple 20 and 30 goal seasons under his belt, one of the most prolific OT and GWG players in canucks history and only scored the clutch goals in almost every playoff series he's ever been in including the back breaking game 7 OT winner against Chicago which propelled the Nucks in to the SCF. All while being an undrafted ball hockey player

So again I ask you...how much more proven do you get?

Look, what if Winnipeg wanted the 1st. One of Kane, buff, bogo plus there 1st I believe is more enticing. That's 1 example maybe a tweak here or there.

Proven young players is what tallon would want imo.

You are suggesting players in the 30 plus range for 1st oa. Honestly when was the last time such a trade happened.

I understand you're sticking to the argument it fits the needs of Florida, but so many other teams could make better offers. We can thank mg for that debacle. The leafs are reportedly offering Kadri and phagoof. Kadri's ppg numbers are impressive(say what u want about him) and he's 23

See my point?

Murray said himself that they were pushing hard for Kesler and that his firsts were on the table.

Another young asset was rumored to be involved, and it wasn't one of their roster players. So it's your guess as to who that was.

This is all from direct and credible sources too.

The two first round picks will be the starting point. Kesler's value will be high, as it should be. He puts the Ducks over the top.

I know what Murray said. However we don't know how much was going each way. Now with free agency and other available options things could change, which Murray somewhat eluded to.

I understand you're sticking to the argument it fits the needs of Florida, but so many other teams could make better offers. We can thank mg for that debacle. The leafs are reportedly offering Kadri and phagoof. Kadri's ppg numbers are impressive(say what u want about him) and he's 23

See my point?

Do the Panthers really need center depth though?

If they wanted a top young center why not just keep their pick and take Reinhart?

Kadri is not a piece they would want IMO. Florida needs some big gritty wingers to compliment the skilled centers they already have. It's the way he built his teams in Chicago.

I expect that he would be asking for Kassian or Jensen from us plus the 6th, and a veteran D-man. That would be my guess at least.

I know what Murray said. However we don't know how much was going each way. Now with free agency and other available options things could change, which Murray somewhat eluded to.

Not a whole lot of options available in free agency. He could try and trade for Spezza or Thornton, but I don't think Spezza is a fit, and they would have to give up too much to San Jose for Thornton.

Kesler is the perfect number 2 center to compliment Getzlaf. That's why Murray was pushing for him, and why he'll likely keep pushing for him. 5 million for a 29 year old center in his prime is a bargain.

Do the Panthers really need center depth though?

If they wanted a top young center why not just keep their pick and take Reinhart?

Kadri is not a piece they would want IMO. Florida needs some big gritty wingers to compliment the skilled centers they already have. It's the way he built his teams in Chicago.

I expect that he would be asking for Kassian or Jensen from us plus the 6th, and a veteran D-man. That would be my guess at least.

I think you hit the nail on the head with Kassian and unless we get certain pieces in a Kesler deal I'm not sure I'm comfortable moving Kassian.

Look, what if Winnipeg wanted the 1st. One of Kane, buff, bogo plus there 1st I believe is more enticing. That's 1 example maybe a tweak here or there.

Proven young players is what tallon would want imo.

You are suggesting players in the 30 plus range for 1st oa. Honestly when was the last time such a trade happened.

See my point?

They have young players. They need veterans.

I suggest you find the Tallon interview and hear it from his mouth first.

He doesn't want young players unproven players picks or prospects. he wants tested vets, not nearing retirement but late 20's early 30's kinda guys who can mentor these young kids.

he doesn't want to add more youth to an untested and extremely skilled young core ala Edmonton

I think you hit the nail on the head with Kassian and unless we get certain pieces in a Kesler deal I'm not sure I'm comfortable moving Kassian.

Which is why Benning would have to work with Anaheim and Florida to try and get back pieces that Florida would want, if he wanted to get a deal for the first overall done.

I could see Tallon valuing a player like Smith-Pelley from Anaheim. Add him to the 6th overall plus Garrison, and I bet you they're interested.

Not a whole lot of options available in free agency. He could try and trade for Spezza or Thornton, but I don't think Spezza is a fit, and they would have to give up too much to San Jose for Thornton.

Kesler is the perfect number 2 center to compliment Getzlaf. That's why Murray was pushing for him, and why he'll likely keep pushing for him. 5 million for a 29 year old center in his prime is a bargain.

Kesler is a very good player no doubt. I just don't see etem getting dealt. I could the 2 1sts or the later 1st and 2 decent prospects.

They have young players. They need veterans.

I suggest you find the Tallon interview and hear it from his mouth first.

He doesn't want young players unproven players picks or prospects. he wants tested vets, not nearing retirement but late 20's early 30's kinda guys who can mentor these young kids.

he doesn't want to add more youth to an untested and extremely skilled young core ala Edmonton

I know what he said. Gm's say a lot of things. Hell by your logic calgary could offer Hudler/glencross and baklund/butler plus 4th oa

I know what he said. Gm's say a lot of things. Hell by your logic calgary could offer Hudler/glencross and baklund/butler plus 4th oa

Those are proven players and yes they could.

But Vancouver has one thing most other teams in the top 10 don't.

A glut of top 4 D men and proven top 9 players

Those are proven players and yes they could.

But Vancouver has one thing most other teams in the top 10 don't.

A glut of top 4 D men and proven top 9 players

I'd qualify that

A glut of 2-4 dmen (no real number 1) but no real #5/6 all very solid 2-4 players

And not a glut of top 9 players, a glut of strong 6-9 players, who are not just role players but contributors in the 3rd line role...but we do lack a strong top 6, doubt many can argue that.

That being said a number of teams need those

Edmonton

Isles

Florida

All drafting above us

Archived