The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

Loblaw's right, that's really not a special price.

You could import an actual copy across the ocean for cheaper than that Says a lot about that pricepoint.

As I said, the discount was higher in the past; I got it for around $48 cad. and the current price is 69.99 on steam you still save $8-9 with enhanced steam,compared to steam's price, so for people who aren't price hunting like crazy/don't have the knowledge of sites like GmG it's still a quick way to save a buck. So, while it's not the cheapest, it still saves you a bit of cash and if you have a problem with that, theres somethin' wrong with ya. XD

i ended up using G2A for Mortal Kombat X got it for 38 dollars Canadian just got the cd key emailed today 4 more days til i play it

G2a is great until your key is removed from your account for "payment issues" and then is suddenly in use on another account, I'll never trust those useless buggers again.

Edited by Rick Grimes

As I said, the discount was higher in the past; I got it for around $48 cad. and the current price is 69.99 on steam you still save $8-9 with enhanced steam,compared to steam's price, so for people who aren't price hunting like crazy/don't have the knowledge of sites like GmG it's still a quick way to save a buck. So, while it's not the cheapest, it still saves you a bit of cash and if you have a problem with that, theres somethin' wrong with ya. XD

G2a is great until your key is removed from your account for "payment issues" and then is suddenly in use on another account, I'll never trust those useless buggers again.

You did get a good deal. But the problem I have here is that you can STILL get GTA V on GMG for around $56 cad. Which is apparently slightly cheaper than what Enhanced Steam is showing (converting £32 - $58 CAD).

You did get a good deal. But the problem I have here is that you can STILL get GTA V on GMG for around $56 cad. Which is apparently slightly cheaper than what Enhanced Steam is showing (converting £32 - $58 CAD).

Hey, it can't be perfect man, but at least it is still cheaper than the full price;

I'm sure there is a reason they haven't integrated with GmG yet, perhaps you could suggest it to the Enhanced Steam team? Maybe they just missed an update? Maybe they don't have an agreement in place with GmG? I'm not sure, I do understand why you have an issue.

But still, at least they're trying to save you a buck.

Jesus Christ. I spent over three days downloading the GTA V Pre-Load, and then it stops working. I tried... restarting after all this time, and bam. Everything's gone. Back to square one. This is what I'd feared. PLEASE tell me where I can give feedback and just give Rockstar as much s*** possible.

Been there, done that. My preload finally finished yesterday afternoon. @_@

https://twitter.com/rockstarsupport ? :P

Wait, so how much Canadian did YOU pay? I got it for around 55 on Green Man Gaming.

Green mans 22% discount vouchers, specifically listed as working with GTAV and good till Sometime in June, arent working with GTAV. Annoying and it makes their price the same as steam and everybody else.

Is everyone getting this problem or should I feel special?

EDIT: Ok, went into GMG VIP section and got the discounted price of $47 US without using a voucher. Downloading now at about 1mb/per. 17 hours to go.

Edited by Offensive Threat

RIP. My hard drive isn't ready for that, lol. I will get the game eventually, and it will just require uninstalling 3-4 games just to find the space for it.

Gotta get a nice 2-4 tb hard drive. Best investment ever and I only got 2.5tb

RIP. My hard drive isn't ready for that, lol. I will get the game eventually, and it will just require uninstalling 3-4 games just to find the space for it.

If you are that close to the limit, you really need to get a new hard drive. Also, move any non-multiplayer games to an external. I did not put Cities:Skylines on my internal.

If you are that close to the limit, you really need to get a new hard drive. Also, move any non-multiplayer games to an external. I did not put Cities:Skylines on my internal.

I do have a 750 GB Hard drive on my laptop, but yeah, too many games, lol. I bought a laptop I knew had an expandable hard drive space for a SSD or whatever, but I haven't gone forward with said plan. With a laptop that's beginning to creep towards 2 years in age, I'm probably going to replace it soon enough, so I dunno about the upgrade. Though if I can just plug said new hard drive into whatever new machine I buy. My external hard drive is a finicky POS that disconnects whenever it feels like it. It's enough for backing up data like I want, but not an option for game, and not something that I necessarily want to spend a $100 to upgrade on.

I just keep unistalling old games as I get new ones, I already have like 550-80 GB dedicated to games, it's just that the new ones are getting so massive. I had to start uninstalling last fall to accomodate other space hogs like The Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor, and with all my new games since, I've wiped out somewhere between 300-350 GB of space for accommodation in these relatively few months.

I could fix all that by just investing in hard drive space as you said, which I might.

Edited by g_bassi13

finally got Mortal Kombat X for PC problem was steam releasing too early WB mentioned it was suppose to go live 10am PST steam did the pre load of 3gb then mentioned there would be files downloading in the background that was suppose to be at 9pm PST i waited til 1130pm PST and nothing so i went to bed woke up it downloaded some files but not all of them until now

unfortunately for Steam people put some pretty bad reviews up for the unplayable game even though it wasn't suppose to go live until today i would assume NetherRealm probably is looking into legal action

spoke too soon got some more characters to play with still no sub zero scorpion goro or story or online ( not that it matters to me i suck online)

Edited by Dragonfruits

I do have a 750 GB Hard drive on my laptop, but yeah, too many games, lol. I bought a laptop I knew had an expandable hard drive space for a SSD or whatever, but I haven't gone forward with said plan. With a laptop that's beginning to creep towards 2 years in age, I'm probably going to replace it soon enough, so I dunno about the upgrade. Though if I can just plug said new hard drive into whatever new machine I buy. My external hard drive is a finicky POS that disconnects whenever it feels like it. It's enough for backing up data like I want, but not an option for game, and not something that I necessarily want to spend a $100 to upgrade on.

I just keep unistalling old games as I get new ones, I already have like 550-80 GB dedicated to games, it's just that the new ones are getting so massive. I had to start uninstalling last fall to accomodate other space hogs like The Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor, and with all my new games since, I've wiped out somewhere between 300-350 GB of space for accommodation in these relatively few months.

I could fix all that by just investing in hard drive space as you said, which I might.

Ah.... hahahaha. A laptop gamer? You peasant. Do you really think it can run GTA?

finally got Mortal Kombat X for PC problem was steam releasing too early WB mentioned it was suppose to go live 10am PST steam did the pre load of 3gb then mentioned there would be files downloading in the background that was suppose to be at 9pm PST i waited til 1130pm PST and nothing so i went to bed woke up it downloaded some files but not all of them until now

unfortunately for Steam people put some pretty bad reviews up for the unplayable game even though it wasn't suppose to go live until today i would assume NetherRealm probably is looking into legal action

spoke too soon got some more characters to play with still no sub zero scorpion goro or story or online ( not that it matters to me i suck online)

Please... please use punctuation...

MSI. A relatively thin laptop, but it has a 17" screen. Not that I really use it that often at home while gaming, because I just plug the HDMI into my TV.

Was about to opt for an ASUS, from what I knew of their quality, but I went with MSI when I saw a better performance per dollar invested ratio. I had heard their builds were quality, and the thing has been great so far.