The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

What's the paychecks like ;)

It would be nice if someone paid me to shell out their games, lol. I just really like talking on end about games that I play. The negatives for the game are incredibly obvious, so I left them in the preface, and avoided repeating myself talking about them later. It's a text based game without, you know, gameplay or visuals.

I sound so high on it because I love choose your own adventure material, and this is easily the best text based game I've ever played. The games I've ranted the hardest against in the past are ones that pretend to offer choice. Little pisses me off more in a game.

The Steam Seal is here.

I didn't even notice it.

Meh, nothing so far.

But unlike past sales the base discount for the things that I want is more impressive. I'm assuming I'll be buying quite a few small things this time. I don't know if I bought a single item in any of their last 3-4 seasonal sales, but they actually have some decent sales for indie games right now.

Meh, nothing so far.

But unlike past sales the base discount for the things that I want is more impressive. I'm assuming I'll be buying quite a few small things this time. I don't know if I bought a single item in any of their last 3-4 seasonal sales, but they actually have some decent sales for indie games right now.

My budget for this sale is $0.51.

So... yeah.

Netflix it is.

Edit: This stupid game you have to play to get your daily cards doesn't even work.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk

I feel like I should probably cash in on that XCOM sale since I've never played it.

I'm a little interested in Wreckfest as well but it's only at 50% off.

Wreckfest hasn't been updated in months. Whatever they're working on keeps breaking their build so they can't push it out (new physics etc), but what is currently available is worth the $17.

Has anybody played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter? Game looks great, and it's like $7 right now.

I've had this game on my radar (wishlist) for sometime now, but I'm still not swayed by the price tag just yet.

For me, story-driven adventure games are always a risk to buy. They're either an exceptional experience or a huge letdown.

The Arkham Knight season pass is nearly $50... the hell? Six months of DLC that most likely is already made costs more than The Witcher 3... I'm done.

Was a fun 20+ years gaming.

$45. Lol.

I hope the game doesn't feel too shallow at release, as I already pre-ordered it.

Edited by g_bassi13

I got Gunpoint, Metal Slug X, and the Lifeline DLC for State of Decay for about $2 each.

I got One Way Heroeics for about 80 cents.

I finally picked up Transistor for $5.50, which is the upper limit for about something I'd pay for on Steam, but I thought the game would be worth it.

--------------------

Metal Slug X is a solid port for a great arcade game that's 16-17 years old.

Gunpoint is pretty fun, but I can't say it's puzzles are complex or satisfying enough.

One Way Heroics is underwhelming, but it was nearly free. But to judge the game as it was, the praise it receives is much. Maybe it's just hard for me personally to get past the hollow presentation and the learning curve.

Transistor is a game that I though I would fall in love with immediately, but I can't say that much for it. Bastion is probably the best indie game I've every played, and my early impressions of Transistor don't match up. I'm hoping it becomes more cohesive as the game carries on. I dunno if about the $5 though.

The Arkham Knight season pass is nearly $50... the hell? Six months of DLC that most likely is already made costs more than The Witcher 3... I'm done.

Was a fun 20+ years gaming.

i got it all for 42 dollars canadian from cdkeys.com found it when looking at ign deals