The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

I'm about twenty minutes into my replay of the first Witcher game and I already want to give up. I've spent over a hundred hours in it and know nearly every line by heart at this point.

The things I do for a save file (yes I know I can just download a 100% neutral file)... I may not even get the newest one either :picard: .

I haven't beaten a game in well over a year.

Guess I'll complete either: Xcom (never going to happen), Divinity: Original SIn, or Lichdom: Battlemage before I even look at what Steam is selling.

Dude finish Xcom it's not even that long unless you're playing long war. Plus xcom 2 comes out later this year...i hope

Dude finish Xcom it's not even that long unless you're playing long war. Plus xcom 2 comes out later this year...i hope

Ironman impossible. Having a lot of "fun".

I'll finish Xcom whenever I've completed The Witcher series... or go insane and cry in a corner. Either one.

19 hours into Batman Arkham Knight on PC

ya it lags a bit with some fps and some textures don't pop in but the story is easily the best out of all 4 it's lacking some boss fights sitting on 38.9 percent completion but it's a pretty emotional and psychological story loving every minute of it

I'm about twenty minutes into my replay of the first Witcher game and I already want to give up. I've spent over a hundred hours in it and know nearly every line by heart at this point.

The things I do for a save file (yes I know I can just download a 100% neutral file)... I may not even get the newest one either :picard: .

I ended up just downloading a 100% neutral path save file because I couldn't stand playing through the first game again.

Sure is nice to be playing the second using a gamepad. It is also refreshing to not have perfomance issues (my SLI rig hated it).

I agree with everything up to the word "but". Most overrated game of all time? Maybe.

The first game might have been my favourite thing I'd ever played once upon a time. The second game is overrated, but I wouldn't sell it short at all. It's tailor made for me in just how personable the game is, and how much control they offered the player at every turn, but I still don't like it as much as the first because of the overarching story. Plus it sets up a couple of trends that the third game just runs into the ground.

The third game is overrated in that any points it scores are undeserved. Still the worst thing I've ever played in my life. God &^@# that game, lol.

Finished the game Gunpoint recently after buying it from the Steam sale. It's a nice, short little pixel art game, with a solid sense of humour, but as a puzzle game it's underwhelming. Not so much in that the mechanics are weak, but it's just too easy. I did not have to think for more than 3-5 seconds at a time to figure out a step in getting by without being seen by or killing anyone on any single mission. The whole thing just kind of breezed by.

Finished playing Transistor just now, and God damn am I disappointed by it. It manages to look better and play better than Bastion, which already gets top scores in those categories by me, but the story, and more specifically the storytelling, were just awful in my eyes. I dunno, I have so much to say about it, that I'd rather do it in that game reviewing thread.

A 26 GB download for The Witcher 3? Looks like my data cap will be hurting for a second month in a row.

Screw data caps, man. I've gone over almost every month since they've been put into place.

The first game might have been my favourite thing I'd ever played once upon a time. The second game is overrated, but I wouldn't sell it short at all. It's tailor made for me in just how personable the game is, and how much control they offered the player at every turn, but I still don't like it as much as the first because of the overarching story. Plus it sets up a couple of trends that the third game just runs into the ground.

The third game is overrated in that any points it scores are undeserved. Still the worst thing I've ever played in my life. God frack that game, lol.

Worst thing you've ever played? Come on.

I had a great time playing the games. The end of the road might not be where I wanted it to be, but it was an awesome ride.

Worst thing you've ever played? Come on.

I had a great time playing the games. The end of the road might not be where I wanted it to be, but it was an awesome ride.

The third game was not an awesome ride for me. It was anything but. Maybe it's not the worst game I know of in existence, but it's most definitely the single worst game I own for any console/platform.

It throws everything I liked about the story and my characters from my previous playthroughs through a loop before the ending even comes. I feel it was hastily put together, and does not carry the spirit of the other games. There are certain moments where I feel like I can connect to my crew, or to the events of the story, but they are far and few between, unlike the previous 2 games where it seemed like at every turn something was pulling me further into the game's world.

I've played games more boring than this certainly, but there's none I felt insulted by as much as this one.

Though in respect to Bioware, I feel like they addressed some of the major glaring issues with the departure from their previous personable games with Dragon Age Inquisition. The combat was horrible, and there bits of the story and the characters that had me rolling my eyes, but at the end of the day the effort they put into the game felt tangible this time. You had control back in your hands with respect to the story and your team, and RPG elements had more of a sway in things. It was far from perfect, but it actually seemed like they began to care again, and the game had heart to go along with a rediscovered sense of depth. At the very least it showed they had concerns about where their company was heading after the response to Mass Effect 3, and even Dragon Age II, and acknowledgement of their the mis-step. I think they don't want to emulate it again, so I can respect that, and take solace in that it seems to be an exception rather than a trendsetter. At least I can say that before Mass Effect 4 comes out, which I won't be touching either way, lol. Hopefully whatever their next project is after that continues their progress on DA: Inquisition, so I can anticipate their games with a bit more piece of mind.

Edited by g_bassi13

The third game was not an awesome ride for me. It was anything but. Maybe it's not the worst game I know of in existence, but it's most definitely the single worst game I own for any console/platform.

It throws everything I liked about the story and my characters from my previous playthroughs through a loop before the ending even comes. I feel it was hastily put together, and does not carry the spirit of the other games. There are certain moments where I feel like I can connect to my crew, or to the events of the story, but they are far and few between, unlike the previous 2 games where it seemed like at every turn something was pulling me further into the game's world.

I've played games more boring than this certainly, but there's none I felt insulted by as much as this one.

Though in respect to Bioware, I feel like they addressed some of the major glaring issues with the departure from their previous personable games with Dragon Age Inquisition. The combat was horrible, and there bits of the story and the characters that had me rolling my eyes, but at the end of the day the effort they put into the game felt tangible this time. You had control back in your hands with respect to the story and your team, and RPG elements had more of a sway in things. It was far from perfect, but it actually seemed like they began to care again, and the game had heart to go along with a rediscovered sense of depth. At the very least it showed they had concerns about where their company was heading after the response to Mass Effect 3, and even Dragon Age II, and acknowledgement of their the mis-step. I think they don't want to emulate it again, so I can respect that, and take solace in that it seems to be an exception rather than a trendsetter. At least I can say that before Mass Effect 4 comes out, which I won't be touching either way, lol. Hopefully whatever their next project is after that continues their progress on DA: Inquisition, so I can anticipate their games with a bit more piece of mind.

Admittedly I probably need to play through ME3 again, because I don't remember much of what happened now that it's been years since. I think I only played through it 1.5 times. I do have a playthrough where I'm currently almost done ME2 that I still need to finish. I always regret my love interest in every game though, because I think about one that I liked. I always like Jack, and in my current one I'm with Miranda.

I think you should still give ME4 a chance, or at least wait for a Steam Sale on it.

I'll end up playing it for sure, as they seem to be bringing in a lot of what the fans have asked for, especially planet exploration using the Mako like in ME1.

Admittedly I probably need to play through ME3 again, because I don't remember much of what happened now that it's been years since. I think I only played through it 1.5 times. I do have a playthrough where I'm currently almost done ME2 that I still need to finish. I always regret my love interest in every game though, because I think about one that I liked. I always like Jack, and in my current one I'm with Miranda.

I think you should still give ME4 a chance, or at least wait for a Steam Sale on it.

I'll end up playing it for sure, as they seem to be bringing in a lot of what the fans have asked for, especially planet exploration using the Mako like in ME1.

Not sure I agree with bringing the Mako back. I found it 'exploring' very tedious, time consuming and boring. A lot of the planets were pretty much copy-pasted, just with other names in ME1. Hopefully they make it much more fun if they bring it back in ME4.

I forgot how long the credits were for The Witcher 2.

Well... I guess it's now time to launch Witcher 3 (in Ultra for some reason...).

smh, ultra graphics are for the weak

Started playing Borderlands 2 again, for my 3rd run-through. First time I've actually played with friends though, and it's so much more fun.

Anyways, does anyone want to do a Borderlands 2 run with me? 4 people, for a regular late night fun times would be cool.