The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

I don't know quite how much you've spent on it, but MSI laptops are great bang for your buck, and are reliable from my experience. Typing this on my old MSI myself.

Costed me 2100$. Considering how it costed about 800$ less than the Razer Blade, as well as how it had a better processor, I knew it seemed like a good deal. Never actually owned an MSI computer before, but they look pretty at least (Unlike those ridiculous looking Alienware laptops or those ROG Asus ones).

Costed me 2100$. Considering how it costed about 800$ less than the Razer Blade, as well as how it had a better processor, I knew it seemed like a good deal. Never actually owned an MSI computer before, but they look pretty at least (Unlike those ridiculous looking Alienware laptops or those ROG Asus ones).

Ouch 2100 for a gaming laptop is pretty overkill.

• Upvote 1

Yeah but you can easily get a decent laptop for gaming on for almost half that, and then you can get a decent mouse and headset and stuff too.

I'm looking for it to last more than a couple of years. The laptop I'm getting can play Witcher 3 on Ultra with 50-60FPS, and has one of the best cooling systems for it's style. I'm paying for the durability at this point

I'm looking for it to last more than a couple of years. The laptop I'm getting can play Witcher 3 on Ultra with 50-60FPS, and has one of the best cooling systems for it's style. I'm paying for the durability at this point

Again, you can get a decent laptop for gaming that is very durable for about half that. I game on my laptop quite a bit and I can also run Witcher 3 over 50 fps and I spent about 1100 on it over a year ago.

Again, you can get a decent laptop for gaming that is very durable for about half that. I game on my laptop quite a bit and I can also run Witcher 3 over 50 fps and I spent about 1100 on it over a year ago.

Don't bother trying to explain it. It's like somebody buying an Apple laptop. You tell them how and why they overpaid for their pretty and shiny laptop, and they will keep telling you that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and that's why it costs so much.

Don't bother trying to explain it. It's like somebody buying an Apple laptop. You tell them how and why they overpaid for their pretty and shiny laptop, and they will keep telling you that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and that's why it costs so much.

Haha true enough. It's always hilarious to me when someone I know tries to justify buying a mac product. Edited by LarsEller

Was it only five factions? Oh well. For vanilla or Darthmod? Anyways, I love using the revolutionary infantry. THEY ARE BAREFOOT

Vanilla. I think you can unlock France for Grand Campaign by beating the campaign? Anyway, just played it for a bit. Italy campaign as Napoleon using Darth Mod. Cool stuff B)

Scared the crap out of me thinking they used the same progression as Empire. Two turns equals one year.. instead two turns equals one month. Grand campaign from 1805 to 1812. Something like 170 turns. B)

I seriously doubt it will play Witcher 3 on ultra. All the benchmarks I'm looking at for that card say it can hardly crack 30 fps maxed out in that.

I seriously doubt it will play Witcher 3 on ultra. All the benchmarks I'm looking at for that card say it can hardly crack 30 fps maxed out in that.

There was a video somewhere on the Youtubes of a guy playing it on the same laptop I'm getting. Getting 50ish FPS.

Don't believe everything you see.

I hope it all works out for you, but be prepared for a let down.

Yea, after so many Acer laptops, my mind is hardwired to the lowest of expectations to most laptops.

Don't be hatin on Mime cause he is ballin ^.^

Though what are the computer specs?

Ultra should be pretty demanding. I literally just played mine on Low xD

B) Damn right I'm ballin!

Intel core i7 5700-HQ 2.7GHZ

Nvidia GTX 970M/ 3gb VRAM

16gb Ram

Steelseries keyboard

And my favorite part, it's only .78 inches thick and weighs only 4.3 pounds!

And I feel your pain, I have to play it at low settings on my current rig. Still looks great though.

Don't let the haters put you down mime. Lil B's got your back!

I'm probably gonna have to buy a new GPU soon. The offer to get free Metal Gear Solid V with Nvidia GPU's is very tempting lol. Beats paying $74.99 for the game if you plan to upgrade anyway.

I got a free copy of MGS V when I bought the laptop, much better than actually paying for it. Now if only they included Fallout 4 in the bundle..