The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Elliot Friedman: Kesler, Draft Week, Byslma, Canucks Future

Don Cherry? The caveman that thinks a hockey player can't possibly be good unless he comes from Ontario and never smiles or celebrates scoring a goal? I understand the nostalgia from fans watching HNIC and the Canadian homerism, nothing wrong with being proud of where you are from. However, the guy has outdated opinions and makes dumb remarks directed at European players and women. I am always surprised that people still like him.

I know a lot of people on here don't like him either or his dumb remarks.

Whether you agree with cherry or not, he knows more about hockey than most people. And I hate to tell you this , but he is almost always right when it comes to predicting what will happen in hockey. He always goes back to clips of him saying what he thinks will happen when they do unfold just like

He said. People shouldn't hate on cherry even if u don't like him or his opinions. Appreciate him while you can cuz he won't be on the air much longer.

Whether you agree with cherry or not, he knows more about hockey than most people. And I hate to tell you this , but he is almost always right when it comes to predicting what will happen in hockey. He always goes back to clips of him saying what he thinks will happen when they do unfold just like

He said. People shouldn't hate on cherry even if u don't like him or his opinions. Appreciate him while you can cuz he won't be on the air much longer.

so your telling me he always goes back to clips where he was right? And how many has he gone back to when he was wrong? he could be wrong 99 times out of 100 and you would never know. even a blind squirrel finds nuts once in a while

That antique should have been put out to pasture with his drapery long ago. His claim to fame was opening the gate to let #4 carry his *ss for those not so many enough years. He might have been relevant in the early to mid 70's, however, like everything, it has a best before date.

canucks management is retarded if they think holding on to kesler "a disgruntle player" is the way to go... and thinks a few tweaks will make this team into a contender again.. a few tweaks might make them a pretender that sneaks into the playoff.. we won't get pass LA, Chicago, Stl, even SJ, and probably minnesota or colorado in a 7 game series.. so let's just shorten the rebuild and trade away stuff that still have value now and quickly rebuild.

Who says he's a 'disgruntle' player? He can ask for a trade and still want to play here, as much as that is an irreconcilable contradiction to most of you.

He will have a lot more credibility when he shows clips of him being wrong as well .. I, too, have never been wrong when I am allowed to 'reiterate' using 20-20 hindsight .. :rolleyes:

EDIT: What Gooseberries said .. ^ ^ ..

canucks management is retarded if they think holding on to kesler "a disgruntle player" is the way to go... and thinks a few tweaks will make this team into a contender again.. a few tweaks might make them a pretender that sneaks into the playoff.. we won't get pass LA, Chicago, Stl, even SJ, and probably minnesota or colorado in a 7 game series.. so let's just shorten the rebuild and trade away stuff that still have value now and quickly rebuild.

Your banned for making to much sense!

A few tweaks; of course not.

But we have more than that already. Back to back years of top ten picks, an extra first rounder last year and we still have our first rounder from the 3 of the 4 years prior to that (Gaunce, Jensen and Schroeder) to work into the line up.

The real key is a few tweaks, plus an upward burst from the likes of Shinkaruk, Hutton, Gaunce, Nylander ( :) ), Horvat, Jensen! That much young talent, if it arrives, would leave us full of ELC's, which also would mean a period where we have cap space for SERIOUS tweaks?

Plus growth from Kassian, Tanev and Lack, which is highly likely.

If we keep Kesler, we could be very good by 2015/16? Without him not till maybe 2016/17 but more seriously poised to be good for a long run!

The thing that sucks is that when he was with the score he was the number 1 guy around. Great journalism, great insights, and incredible diligence and well spoken as you mentioned. However, now he is only a bit player with CBC when really they should get rid of everyone on that set and just give the job to Elliot, and then there is Strombolopolous coming in. Tragic.

This is going to really annoy alot of older fans. I understand that the HNIC is trying to market to a younger crowd, but having this guy on board is going to alienate alot of viewers. He is way too much of an opinionated loudmouth to just stand by and host. I am amongst the group of people that could care less about Strombo's views and opinions on ANYTHING.

Archived