The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congratulations to the LA Kings!

Gaborik deserves a ton of credit, he was so key this playoffs and I don't think LA comes this far without him. He scored at least 4 including tonight, 3rd period and late tying goals as part of his leading 14 goals.

Quick won another cup with a 2.58 GAA and .911SV%. When he needed to be bailed out the Kings scored for him and when it was tied or on the line Quick was there. Just shows again it takes a team to win and players need to bail out the goalie just as much as a goalie needs to bail out the players. This is what we never had in 2011 (for fans that blamed Lu entirely)

Thank you very much Canucks fans for the congrats.

I've been to several games in Vancouver and I know how passionate the fans in Vancouver are. It's a great place to watch a game and I expect the Canucks to be back in the SC playoffs real soon.

The Kings built a winner via the draft and that's what I see the Nucks doing behind the leadership of Trevor Linden.

Although our teams are rivals from the same division I wish the Canucks good luck next season.

Thank you Kings for an unbelievable run to the Cup!!

Your Kings deserved it. They showed incredible fortitude to come from behind in the first two games of the finals, then in Game 3 you took over the series and put the Rangers backs up against the wall. No doubt about it, the Kings were going to come out on top. After Game 4, it was just a matter of when the other shoe was going to drop for the Rangers.

don't really hate the LA Kings as much after this season's playoffs.

They really are a much superior team.

I only catched one game because I didn't want to give bettman his tv ratings lol

but i did catch highlights of each game and replay on cbc.ca

I'm curious of how many people in LA even know the Kings won? Outside of the fans in the arena.

I live in LA and watched the game on TV,

I'm in Burbank, a good 10-15 miles from Staples,

When the OT goal went in, I heard "wooo hooo's" coming from outside and soon after, some fireworks.

The Kings have always had a dedicated following but the band wagon has become overloaded in the last couple of years, Hockey is flavor of the month.

The thing about LA is that it's huge (More of an "area" than a city, nothing like Vancouver) there is no one thing that everyone is into, and there is so much going on that nothing ever seems like a big deal to everyone. For instance, you would think LA loves the Lakers, and I'm sure some people do, but when they've won championships I've had no idea it was happening. No parties in the street, no people talking about it wherever you go. Nobody ever just starts talking to me about how the Lakers or Dodges are doing (Not that I care) but that's just the way it is down here.

Might be interesting to note that the Kings have a huge Mexican following, they are very "team loyal" and make the games a family event. I guarantee they are partying hard right now.

But just for the record, I'm more of a Ducks fan, even though they are farther away, the arena has great atmosphere (Reminds me of the pacific colliseeum) not a fan of Staples Center at all, the acoustics were designed to better facilitate concerts so crowd noise just kind of disappears and kills the atmosphere. I've been to all kinds of different events there and it is always a major problem.

I only catched one game because I didn't want to give bettman his tv ratings lol

Yup, hence why I don't watch the SCF's anymore unless it has a Canadian team in it. Montreal was the only playoffs I watched actually, didn't watch any other team matches.

Absolutely loved the way LA revamped their 4th line. Putting Carter with the two young kids was a Sutter stroke of genius. Pretty honest hockey club.

Willie's 2nd CUP since leaving the Canucks. Happy for him. It is pretty obvious he has a great appreciation for the moment. I used to attend meetings with the Mayor of Port McNeil and he kept talking about this young kid who was breaking into the NHL. If Willy had played on the 2011 team I

suspect a different outcome. I still think there was a philosophical difference about how the Canucks

should play defense that led to Willie leaving. He was the shutdown dman that Van has always needed.

I suspect his influence was missed by Edler.

don't really hate the LA Kings as much after this season's playoffs.

They really are a much superior team.

but i did catch highlights of each game and replay on cbc.ca

Just in case what you say is true..you realize that if you don't have a little black box attached to your TV monitoring the shows that you watch, you have zero effect on household TV ratings, don' you?

It's a pity that you would deny yourself the joy of watching a SCF that had three OT games because of a statement you were trying to make towards Bettman (a statement that would have failed to be made if you didn't have a black box).

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry returns his suit to the store "out of spite" and is told that's not an acceptable reason to return his wares.

You missed one heckuva a series...the five game series could have easily gone seven. Thanks Kings and Rangers for a SCF to remember.

Absolutely loved the way LA revamped their 4th line. Putting Carter with the two young kids was a Sutter stroke of genius. Pretty honest hockey club.

Willie's 2nd CUP since leaving the Canucks. Happy for him. It is pretty obvious he has a great appreciation for the moment. I used to attend meetings with the Mayor of Port McNeil and he kept talking about this young kid who was breaking into the NHL. If Willy had played on the 2011 team I

suspect a different outcome. I still think there was a philosophical difference about how the Canucks

should play defense that led to Willie leaving. He was the shutdown dman that Van has always needed.

I suspect his influence was missed by Edler.

Would agree that a healthy Willie Mitchell could have been a difference maker for the Canucks in 2011.

Would have to say the philosophical difference came down to terms of the contract that was being offered by MG...from what I remember, MG offered one year, while Willie was looking for longer term, which he got from LA. Was another one of MG's mistakes.

Just in case what you say is true..you realize that if you don't have a little black box attached to your TV monitoring the shows that you watch, you have zero effect on household TV ratings, don' you?

It's a pity that you would deny yourself the joy of watching a SCF that had three OT games because of a statement you were trying to make towards Bettman (a statement that would have failed to be made if you didn't have a black box).

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry returns his suit to the store "out of spite" and is told that's not an acceptable reason to return his wares.

You missed one heckuva a series...the five game series could have easily gone seven. Thanks Kings and Rangers for a SCF to remember.

meh its okay, i was hardly at home during the time the games were on anyways.

what i should have said was, i didn't make any efforts to catch the SCF

i don't think its a pity, i didn't lose anything by not catching the series except maybe a few hours of entertainement which i could have easily substituted it with other things

edit: i did catch highlights, and thought it was just as exciting

Congrats Kings.

Hate to admit it folks but it is going to be a long time befor the Canucks are capable of putting together this kind of a run and winning a Stanley Cup

I dunno.

2008-09 the kings missed the playoffs and then won the cup in 2011-12.

It doesn't have to take as long as most people think it has to. The team we have now is also superior to the team the kings had in 08-09.

I will only congratulate Willie for his second cup, I'm happy for him..

I'm not proud of that piece of turd, Dustin Brown made an NHL history for my country... Became the first American as a Captain to win the Cup twice... Ugh..

Archived