The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

what are you doing this very second(?)

Gross-Misconduct

Life is good...

I've got lots to be thankful for, G-M...wishing for heaps of blessings on you, brother.

Now my wife wants to go hit golf balls at Morgan Creek. Gotta get my @$$ off the comfy sofa and throw on some rain gear so she can school me the mechanical points of the golf swing. Enjoy your day.

Getting uber mad cause I cant get the right snare sound for a song Im working on. Already trashed a few tracks that I thunk were finished but sounded terrible in the mixdown.

Yeah, imma pop star B)

I tinker around with music production software occasionally, drums are my least favorite part.

I tinker around with music production software occasionally, drums are my least favorite part.

Good. Then you can relate to my pain. I'm trying to finish off an electro/synthwave track and that god damn freaking snare. I'm trying to lay down a heavy synthesized snare and it sounds ok on its own with the compression and reverb but absolutely blows up and is all over the place when it sits in the final mix. I know I'm not ready to win any producer of the year awards but is it too much to ask for a decent sounding snare?? Its holding up the entire track which is pretty much ready to go since it's probably as good as it's gonna get.

UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!

Good. Then you can relate to my pain. I'm trying to finish off an electro/synthwave track and that god damn freaking snare. I'm trying to lay down a heavy synthesized snare and it sounds ok on its own with the compression and reverb but absolutely blows up and is all over the place when it sits in the final mix. I know I'm not ready to win any producer of the year awards but is it too much to ask for a decent sounding snare?? Its holding up the entire track which is pretty much ready to go since it's probably as good as it's gonna get.

UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!

My favorite is downloading a sample pack of like 100 snares, and only finding one in that pack that doesn't sound like garbage.

I wouldn't even know where to start. I just download a bunch of crappy sounding free VSTis.

Me too. My all around favorite at the moment is the MinimogueVA. Some good presets in it. Although still cant figure some of the ARP programs that just start automatically and never stop :lol: TAL-Bassline is another good one for running bass lines.

Me too. My all around favorite at the moment is the MinimogueVA. Some good presets in it. Although still cant figure some of the ARP programs that just start automatically and never stop :lol: TAL-Bassline is another good one for running bass lines.

I don't even know what I have right now. I play around with more hip-hop sounding production, but I've really fallen out of playing around recently. I SUCK at getting the final mix to sound how I want it to, and a lot of times what I'm making sounds really empty.

I can't find a good sub-bass either, which seems to help give it a fuller sound.

Right now I'm sinking into my couch, thinking about getting a Corona. Also, wondering where exactly my N64 went >:[

I don't even know what I have right now. I play around with more hip-hop sounding production, but I've really fallen out of playing around recently. I SUCK at getting the final mix to sound how I want it to, and a lot of times what I'm making sounds really empty.

I can't find a good sub-bass either, which seems to help give it a fuller sound.

Right now I'm sinking into my couch, thinking about getting a Corona. Also, wondering where exactly my N64 went >:[

I know where mine is. Right beside me :lol:

IMG_20140614_191733_zps5833494e.jpg

btw, Ken Griffey baseball is da sh*t.

Archived