The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Booth on Waivers

Strombone1

With a Kesler deal + maybe Higgins or Hansen we have

5+4.5+2.5+11mil we alrdy have in cap space = 22 million in cap space = 8th in highest cap space in NHL

Good move Benning.

Why would we get rid of Higgins?? He has been our most consistant player in the last two years

benning drafted vanek ...

I would wet my pants if we landed vanek. Could you imagine him with the Sedins... omg.

The cap hit is a bit hard to swallow though but he is a great player. Up to Master JB to decide.

Hmm too bad I liked him too

As a person or a hockey player? Lol

One year to late IMO, but he obv couldn't be bought out due to injuries. Bennin must be planning on using that cap

Space because I kinda

Expected them to let booth play out his final year and see if he could stay healthy

I would wet my pants if we landed vanek. Could you imagine him with the Sedins... omg.

The cap hit is a bit hard to swallow though but he is a great player. Up to Master JB to decide.

Did You watch him in the playoffs? No thanks. We need to build a contender the proper way, thru the draft

Neither one was particularly useful this year. At least Burrows can penalty kill when his offensive game isn't there, I guess. Burrows had one off year though, Booth hasn't really been great during his entire Vancouver tenure.

Does Burrows actually have an offensive game? Without the Sedins he doesn't seem to have one.

I predict a subtle change to the lineup after this. Depending on what we get back from the Kes trade. No center in the trade, David Legwand signing, then let the youth fill out what's left of the lineup. Also maybe get a 1a 1b goalie. Draft Ehlers because this team NEEDS SPEED, and let him and Shinkaruk battle it out for a top 6 spot.

O look i found another Ehlers fan. Do you guys every quit?

I was a fan of Booth when the Canucks got him and excited for the 60 points a season he could bring us. Injuries and inconsistencies just never let him get going. He hasn't been the same since his concussion and won't be moving forward. Its unfortunate that he couldnt get it going. He showed signs of getting back on track but I guess its too late. Wish him well wherever he lands.

Does Burrows actually have an offensive game? Without the Sedins he doesn't seem to have one.

I really don't know, Heretic. I feel like he could work with Santorelli, if he just stationed himself in front of the net like with the twins and waited for the puck.

I don't think his offensive ability is really all that high naturally.

Archived