The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*** Big Brother 16 Thread ***

Apples

• 3 weeks later...

derrick's last/only obstacle was getting frankie out, he's secured himself the win at this point. he's like the wayne Gretzky of BB, only Dan comes close (whom i like to refer to as the mario Lemieux of Big brother), though I feel that he probably wouldn't be able to repeat this performance in an all star comp because his game is pretty much a one shot deal, and everyone will gun for him from the start next time.

derrick's last/only obstacle was getting frankie out, he's secured himself the win at this point. he's like the wayne Gretzky of BB, only Dan comes close (whom i like to refer to as the mario Lemieux of Big brother), though I feel that he probably wouldn't be able to repeat this performance in an all star comp because his game is pretty much a one shot deal, and everyone will gun for him from the start next time.

Derrick is more like a Crosby. Dan was the first to play such a flawless game so I give him the Gretzky title.

Honestly, Derrick didn't really do anything special. He was put into a huge/strong alliance from the get go, made a couple of side alliance within, and let his own alliance take each other out. He was never in position where he was in trouble. He has a terrific social game, but that's about it.

Dan/ dr. Wil both played an amazing game the 2nd time as past winners. In an all star season, everyone has a equal chance since everyone basically knows each other. Derick won't be the only good player playing, hence the "all stars", but will probably be most memorable because he just played.

Honestly, Derrick didn't really do anything special. He was put into a huge/strong alliance from the get go, made a couple of side alliance within, and let his own alliance take each other out. He was never in position where he was in trouble. He has a terrific social game, but that's about it.

Derrick had a flawless social/strategic game. If he wins, I believe he will be the 1st winner to be never nominated. For an extended battle of the block season where 4 people gets nominated every week and he avoided the block every time speaks volume of his game.

However, in terms of the quality of players he had to compete against is a joke. It's like michael Jordan playing basketball against a bunch of midgets. Not even fair.

He pretty much orchestrated every eviction or move in the game after a few weeks in and certainly the last ~month while getting barely a splatter of blood on his hands.

As Apple said, he did it against basically trained monkeys for the most part but still. Impressive.

the fact that he was able to change who was going home so late in the week so many times just because he adjusted HIS strategy and everyone went along with it but thought it was their idea at the same time... brilliant.

The week Nicole went home for the second time I think is the prime example. It was masterful.

And WTF was Nicole thinking comparing Derick to freaking Dan anyway? I'm surprised he didn't suffocate her with a pillow and throw her body in a dumpster :lol:

He pretty much orchestrated every eviction or move in the game after a few weeks in and certainly the last ~month while getting barely a splatter of blood on his hands.

As Apple said, he did it against basically trained monkeys for the most part but still. Impressive.

He didn't have any blood on his hands, because he didn't need to. Like I said, he was in a power alliance with people who were a bigger threat than him. All he had to do was stay low, and be friendly with everybody. He didn't really orchestrated the evictions, because his alliance members were already going to vote the same way, anyway.

Zach's eviction was Frankie's idea, although Derrick did have it in his back of his mind. Christine was at the bottom of the totem pole on the Bomb Squad/Detontors and everybody hated her, so she had to leave. Hayden's, Nicole's, and Donny's were pretty obvious. They weren't part of his alliance.

I give him credit for befriending the weakest player in the house, and taking her to the end though.

Archived