The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Kesler to Philly

To Canucks: 1st round pick, Brayden Schenn, and Erik Gustafsson

To Philly: Ryan Kesler

With the 17th overall pick we acquire from Philly we can use to draft Josh Ho Sang. Brayden Schenn is a great 2 way player. You can put him on the wing and he can be a great Center as well. Also he's a free agent so with Jim Benning he can easily re-sign this young gun to a lengthy contract. Erik Gustaffson is also another great player. You can put him in the top 2 dman in our lineup and he can easily produce. He'll probably average maybe 20-30 points per season which isn't that bad at all.

HoSang probably can use another yr or two in the OHL.

With Booth now gone we can sign Hiller and he could be our #1 since Lack is more suitable for a back up role. Linden did say Lack is our #1 but with a new coach I assume we sign another goaltender

I'd sign Hiller to a multi year deal and see how he does

Projected line up

Dan, Hank, Burr

Higgins, Schenn, Jensen

Winnik,Reinhart, Hansen

Shinkaruk,Richardson,Horvat

Dman pairings

Hamhuis, Tanev

Edler, Garrison

Gustafson, Bieksa

Goalies

Hiller

Lack

Scratched

Sestito

Thoughts on this great trade...

He's proven that he hasn't asked for a trade, isn't injury prone and doesn't dive. So there's that.

And that's where the ignorance is. Where's Schenn's proven abilty to anchor the second line, Selke, and two 70+ point seasons including a 41 goal season?

Kesler >> Schenn.

And that's where the ignorance is. Where's Schenn's proven abilty to anchor the second line, Selke, and two 70+ point seasons including a 41 goal season?

Kesler >> Schenn.

And Dany Heatley proved he's a 50 goal scorer...

Kesler will probably never be nominated for the Selke again, or get another 70 point or 40 goal season.

Kesler >> Schenn.

Pretty much. Kesler is way better than Schenn is now. Schenn could still potentially be better though.

okay how old are you? im going to assume your over 20. what if the other user is a 10 year old kid just wanting to talk hockey? does saying that to a child make you feel like a big strong man? I dont agree with the proposal its super lopsided but you wemt a little far bud. why dont you go get some fresh air.

how does this stuff not earn a suspension? these boards have been so harsh lately. more than usual anyways.

That's what I thought when I read that. Wat.

And Dany Heatley proved he's a 50 goal scorer...

Kesler will probably never be nominated for the Selke again, or get another 70 point or 40 goal season.

This is what's annoying about cdc it's always look to the past when discussing Edler and Kesler meanwhile you're absolutely right with your Heatley response. No one on here would even offer anything close to that for him.

All this talk about Anaheim, Chicago, Philly trade partners etc..

The best deal to be had is with St. Louis!

Kesler is a Hitch player and out of division but within conference.

Proposal:

To St. Louis: Kesler, Gaunce, 3rd rd pick 2015

To Van: Berglund, Rattie, 1st rd pick 2014

Berglund: excellent size, good skater, out of Hitch's d first system, good offensive upside, groomed by Hank.

Rattie: 31 goals first year in AHL

Enough said...

1st rd pick: use to move up into top 3?

Lineup 2014/15 forwards:

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Kassian Berglund Rattie

Burrows Matthias Higgins

Richardson Horvat Hansen

Aces: Santo, Thornton, UFA?

= re tool/playoffs

All this talk about Anaheim, Chicago, Philly trade partners etc..

The best deal to be had is with St. Louis!

Kesler is a Hitch player and out of division but within conference.

Proposal:

To St. Louis: Kesler, Gaunce, 3rd rd pick 2015

To Van: Berglund, Rattie, 1st rd pick 2014

Berglund: excellent size, good skater, out of Hitch's d first system, good offensive upside, groomed by Hank.

Rattie: 31 goals first year in AHL

Enough said...

1st rd pick: use to move up into top 3?

Lineup 2014/15 forwards:

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Kassian Berglund Rattie

Burrows Matthias Higgins

Richardson Horvat Hansen

Aces: Santo, Thornton, UFA?

= re tool/playoffs

St. Louis isn't on Kesler's list.

I also doubt Philly would have interest in that deal.

tbh didnt even look at the proposal because they're usually lopsided here lol.

Edit: Just read it and it's not even that bad imo. Gustafsson isn't with the Flyers anymore and it'd just be his rights. Schenn and 1st seems fair since it's just a lower first. But still doesn't change the fact Kesler wont waive to PHI.

tbh didnt even look at the proposal because they're usually lopsided here lol.

Edit: Just read it and it's not even that bad imo. Gustafsson isn't with the Flyers anymore and it'd just be his rights. Schenn and 1st seems fair since it's just a lower first. But still doesn't change the fact Kesler wont waive to PHI.

I just don't understand why Philly would do it. That's all I mean. Imo, this trade doesn't make sense for them.

I just don't understand why Philly would do it. That's all I mean. Imo, this trade doesn't make sense for them.

I think it would be a huge upgrade down the middle for them. A 1-2 punch of Giroux-Kesler at C would be the best in the league other than maybe LA. They both show up in the playoffs so I consider that a better 1-2 than Sid and Malkin. With Lecavalier there it doesn't make sense though. I wonder if the proposal was tweeked where instead of Schenn we would take the burden of Lecavalier off of them and in return we get Couturier instead of Schenn. 1st+Couturier+Lecavalier for Kesler+3rd?

That's assuming Lecavalier has negative value, which I think he does. Im not a GM though so I have no idea if teams would be phoning for his services or not.

I think it would be a huge upgrade down the middle for them. A 1-2 punch of Giroux-Kesler at C would be the best in the league other than maybe LA. They both show up in the playoffs so I consider that a better 1-2 than Sid and Malkin. With Lecavalier there it doesn't make sense though. I wonder if the proposal was tweeked where instead of Schenn we would take the burden of Lecavalier off of them and in return we get Couturier instead of Schenn. 1st+Couturier+Lecavalier for Kesler+3rd?

That's assuming Lecavalier has negative value, which I think he does. Im not a GM though so I have no idea if teams would be phoning for his services or not.

That actually seems more logical especially considering the reports Philly wants to trade. VL

Archived