The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first goal was a guy shooting through a d-man (might have hit the defenders skate upon release) looks like it tricked Thatcher not something most goalies would have stopped either. The second goal was just bad luck, guy was on the goal line in the corner, throws it in front with no one there but demko's own d-man, and it bounces off his skate and into the net. No chance for demko on that one. He made a number of amazing saves during the game that kept his team in it the entire way. I was impressed with his play all game .

Edited by avelanch
  • Upvote 2

i gotta say he convinced me that he has the potential to be a great NHL goalie after that game i saw. looked really solid. I have no doubt he'll be the starter for USA in the WJ and he'll give teams fits.

was this a recent game you saw? Like over the weekend?

Thatcher Demko's WHL rights have been traded to the Calgary Hitmen

Doesn't necessarily mean anything

they're probably just hoping vancouver signs him so he's ineligible for NCAA, but isnt good enough to be a 1 in the AHL, so he's sent to juniors for a year.

Or the gm just wants a cool name on his reserve list

they're probably just hoping vancouver signs him so he's ineligible for NCAA, but isnt good enough to be a 1 in the AHL, so he's sent to juniors for a year.

Or the gm just wants a cool name on his reserve list

Or Benning is behind it all and is trying to speed up his development.

Boston College sophomore goaltender and Vancouver Canucks prospect Thatcher Demko has had his Western Hockey League (WHL) rights traded from the Spokane Chiefs to the Calgary Hitmen for a conditional pick. It could be purely a baseless trade, but it certainly raises an eyebrow with the move coming at the semester break

Demko is expected to be the number one goaltender for the USA team at the upcoming World Junior Championship in Toronto and Montreal. Demko was the third string goaltender for the team during last year's tournament. Tuesday was the first day of the pre-tournament camp at Boston University's Walter Brown Arena.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/12/16/7403999/thatcher-demko-whl-rights-traded-spokane-chiefs-calgary-hitmen-boston-college-hockey-east-wjc-2015