The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

It also depends on if Demko wants to finish his education which isn't out of the realm of possibilities. That will take him until hes 21.

Good thing he decided to do a year beforehand, hey?

Kid's unreal. Let's hope he does online courses like Hutton plans to.

Because the track record of fans on here pumping up prospects isn't exactly a good one.

People put huge expectations on these young players and then rip them when they don't meet those unfair expectations.

okay, i accept that.  How about we pump him up, and don't rip into him if he doesn't work out?  

okay, i accept that.  How about we pump him up, and don't rip into him if he doesn't work out?  

I don't think he needs pumping up right now. His numbers speak for themselves.

There's still a long ways to go till the NHL though. He has the ability, but as we've seen things can go wrong along the development path. I'm just gonna stay cautiously optimistic.

I don't think he needs pumping up right now. His numbers speak for themselves.

There's still a long ways to go till the NHL though. He has the ability, but as we've seen things can go wrong along the development path. I'm just gonna stay cautiously optimistic.

can we agree it's looking like he was the best pick at his spot in the draft for the future of our team?

can we agree it's looking like he was the best pick at his spot in the draft for the future of our team?

Well I think we needed a goalie and he was the best one available.

As far as best player, that's hard to say at this point. Dvorak and Hickey both look like great prospects.

Well I think we needed a goalie and he was the best one available.

As far as best player, that's hard to say at this point. Dvorak and Hickey both look like great prospects.

In context though, there was no way of really knowing if Dvorak could handle a larger role. He had only played in 33 CHL games and had 6 goals. He was chosen like 20 spots later too.