The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Boston-Vancouver

Cap issues for the Bruins could make the Canucks a good trading partner for them. I think this could be a good deal for both teams with an edge to the Canucks.

To Van: Loui Eriksson, Alexander Khokhlachev

To Bos: Jared McCann, Jannik Hansen, 2015 5th round pick

Benning supposedly really likes Khokhlachev, and Eriksson doesn't really seem to be a fit in Boston. This works for bruins because they get some cap relief(1.75 million), Strong depth winger in Hansen, and a solid prospect in McCann. I know the Canucks just drafted McCann and it would look bad, but Benning seems like he'll make whatever deal he needs to in order to improve the team.

EDIT: Seems like Bruins would rather trade Defense so how about:

To Van: Alexander Khokhlachev, Johnny Boychuk, 2015 5th round pick

To Bos: Jannik Hansen, 2015 2nd round pick

Bruins save a little more than $850000 and get a RW which is a position they are weak in.

What do you think?

EDIT 2: Doesn't look like Bruins want trade either Boychuk or Eriksson. However, they still need to get some cap space. They will probably have to use a buy-out on a player like Kelly if they can't get a fair deal done.

Cap issues for the Bruins could make the Canucks a good trading partner for them. I think this could be a good deal for both teams with an edge to the Canucks.

To Bos: Loui Eriksson, Alexander Khokhlachev

To Van: Jared McCann, Jannik Hansen, 2015 5th round pick

Benning supposedly really likes Khokhlachev, and Eriksson doesn't really seem to be a fit in Boston. This works for bruins because they get some cap relief(1.75 million), Strong depth winger in Hansen, and a solid prospect in McCann. I know the Canucks just drafted McCann and it would look bad, but Benning seems like he'll make whatever deal he needs to in order to improve the team.

What do you think?

I'd give it a big fat no. twice.

trading away picks and players with potential got us into this mess. No to moving McCann

trading away picks and players with potential got us into this mess. No to moving McCann

McCann is redundant here. Kokalachev fits our needs of a scoring top 6 forward.

I think we'd have to replace the 5th with a guy like Grenier for the Bruins to consider it. If they plan on using Ericsson on the 3rd line again I think it would make sense to make this trade since Hansen is cheaper and better suited in that role

I agree that they shouldn't be trading away young players but Khokhlachev is only 20 years old.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=41925

Also, Eriksson is 29 and could be dealt at the deadline for a good price if the team isn't doing well.

I watched McCann's other post interviews and I think his mood was just temporary, probably from falling lower than expected. He has Kesler's tools but he's Canadian and still young. We could transition him to the wing (or someone else)

I wouldn't trade McCann if we're going for a rebuild. For some reason I think it'd be morally wrong and our prospect pool looks great with him in it.

Shinkaruk-Vey-Kassian

Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

McCann-Cassels-____

Archibald-Gaunce-Lain

Archived