The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NYI GM Garth Snow On Josh Ho-Sang: He'll fit right in, they **** on me, to.

So what if an Nhl player finally showed some of his personality. If it was a white dude, you guys would be singing his praises and talk about his "maturing process" and all that junk.

Ho-Sang will be a star along side Tavares and if he talks a little trash along the way, so be it...

really? it doesn't have anything to do with race. It is about his toxic personality that turn away a lot of the GM and scouts.

ffs we are talking about an undersized player who thinks he's the next big thing. The dude scored 30 goals and 80ish points and you already think he will be a star because he can actually play on the first line wiht Tavares? wtf?

With the way he see things, he would be lucky to get a spot in the Islander, let alone playing beside Tavares.

He is a underrated gm Thats for sure

He might not be the best at trades, signings ect... Ect he has a limited budget, and that's why it hard for them to make the POs. Also think about the owners wanting expensive guys after vanek.

What isles need to do is just Say put add a few veterans and in 5-8years they will with be the likes buffalo, Calgary, colorado, us, oilers(maybe) of up and coming teams. Infact I see them Making the playoffs next year.

"Might not be the best at trades, signings etc." That's a pretty important part of being a GM

There was a huge draft discussion thread on the day of the drafts and it was immediately posted in there. But I'd be curious why you thought it'd be a good idea to post a thread with a swear in the title.

EDIT: here they are:

I even edited those a bit to meet the board rules.

You really took that much time to try and mini-mod instead of trying to add something useful to the forums?

facepalm.jpg

How desperate to be a mod ARE you, bro?

how the hell is he under rated? Did Snow ever done anything right since he became a GM?

yes, the ownership plays a huge part on why the Islanders can suck so bad, but there is just nothing out there that indicate that Snow is under rated or even capable for his position

Snow's pretty good at signings.

Tavares at 5.5

Okposo at 2.8

Nielsen at 2.75

how the hell is he under rated? Did Snow ever done anything right since he became a GM?

yes, the ownership plays a huge part on why the Islanders can suck so bad, but there is just nothing out there that indicate that Snow is under rated or even capable for his position

Didn't say he is good or great. But he is far from worst, he is around the 20th place gm in my opinion and that's just it my opinion. Also he had to take over the biggest team mess from Mike the idiot

For what good has he done ok

Picking Taverns and sighimg him for 5.5million for another 4years.

Cleaning house

Making the playoffs and almost beating Pittsburgh a few years back.

He has a deep prospect pool and is not rushing them as other rebuilding teams are like Edmonton

Sure he isn't prefect and other gms look down at him but he is a ok gm

Snow's pretty good at signings.

Tavares at 5.5

Okposo at 2.8

Nielsen at 2.75

signing homebrew players at market price makes him good at signing? really?

Tavares and Okposo was signed before their break out seasons btw.

Snow is useless as a gm no matter how you cut it.

really? it doesn't have anything to do with race. It is about his toxic personality that turn away a lot of the GM and scouts.

ffs we are talking about an undersized player who thinks he's the next big thing. The dude scored 30 goals and 80ish points and you already think he will be a star because he can actually play on the first line wiht Tavares? wtf?

With the way he see things, he would be lucky to get a spot in the Islander, let alone playing beside Tavares.

Toxic personality? More like he brings confidence and he's borderline cocky. So what!? Can't handle a kid talking smack? He's vocal about his opinions that's all.

He's 5'11 I believe. Thatd not really undersized. You would think he has no issue being physical with all the tough talk he shells out anyway. He's ridiculously talented. Playing with Tavares in the near future (1-2 years) will only future enhance his skills. He's going to be putting up big numbers. Hate all you want.

So what if an Nhl player finally showed some of his personality. If it was a white dude, you guys would be singing his praises and talk about his "maturing process" and all that junk.

Ho-Sang will be a star along side Tavares and if he talks a little trash along the way, so be it...

Race card. Number one reason I don't critique people here. :picard:

I seen his interviews. He's an arrogant a-hole. Don't care what colour he is what planet he's from or what womb spat him out. He's got a lot of growing to do. Hopefully Tavares settles him down. Cause Ho-Sang's got real talent, better not let it go to waste.

Race card. Number one reason I don't critique people here. :picard:

I seen his interviews. He's an arrogant a-hole. Don't care what colour he is what planet he's from or what womb spat him out. He's got a lot of growing to do. Hopefully Tavares settles him down. Cause Ho-Sang's got real talent, better not let it go to waste.

Haha hey at least you agree about his talent.

I do agree that he is arrogant and might be an a-hole but that doesn't mean he won't succeed in the nhl. I honestly don't mind his attitude. Look at PK Subban. Guy is awesome. Ho-Sang will learn to be better imo.

Archived