The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion At It's Finest

Whale Tail

Funny people saying this is just religion. Open your eyes.. Turn on your tv... You watch this all day every day in advertising

Yup, a commercial to give money for a product. Just because the moron tries to tie it to religion doesn't change the fact it's marketing and sales.

To tie my faith to this is asinine. The OP needs the atheism slapped off him.

I'm so incredibly tired of giving respect to a lot of delusions and crazy ideas just because they are regarded as religions.

Bjorn Ulvaeus

if you can't see how dismissing thousands of years of cultural and spiritual tradition as "delusions and crazy ideas" would cause pain in people who adhere to those beliefs then there's nothing more than can be said. I'm not pro-religion, I'm pro religious-tolerance.

Random pot-shots and quotes aren't going to change anyone's minds on the issues you have with organized religion - rather they will make them defensive and entrenched in their position. You aren't going to change anyone's belief system through attack - the polite Mormon guys who tried to recruit me in the parking lot had at least that much sense. 99% of the anti-religion comments I see are entirely self-serving - with similar psychology to bullying than anything else.

if you can't see how dismissing thousands of years of cultural and spiritual tradition as "delusions and crazy ideas" would cause pain in people who adhere to those beliefs then there's nothing more than can be said. I'm not pro-religion, I'm pro religious-tolerance.

Random pot-shots and quotes aren't going to change anyone's minds on the issues you have with organized religion - rather they will make them defensive and entrenched in their position. You aren't going to change anyone's belief system through attack - the polite Mormon guys who tried to recruit me in the parking lot had at least that much sense. 99% of the anti-religion comments I see are entirely self-serving - with similar psychology to bullying than anything else.

Can you not see how the actions of people driven by their religious beliefs bring real pain and suffering into many peoples lives.

I am one of those victims , posting a quote that sums up exactly how i feel about those type of people is a rational and logical response to the pain i feel.

To elaborate further Il Duce it does not cause me pain when religious people dismiss or bag out the things i believe in, instead of getting upset I present arguments and facts that provide evidence for my beliefs ,unfortunately religious people cannot provide evidence for their beliefs , maybe that is the reason they get so pissed off when some one points out religions shortcomings.

To elaborate further Il Duce it does not cause me pain when religious people dismiss or bag out the things i believe in, instead of getting upset I present arguments and facts that provide evidence for my beliefs ,unfortunately religious people cannot provide evidence for their beliefs , maybe that is the reason they get so pissed off when some one points out religions shortcomings.

Oh great, another "let's bash religion thread because we are ignorant and/or because we can" thread.

I get pissed off because people spread false information about it - that goes for both religious and non religious but specially anti religious..

Their are "shortcomings" to everything.

The Bible is my evidence along with my rational and logical thinking that took me 42 years to "believe" - mostly because I was too stubborn but also wasn't ready.

Oh great, another "let's bash religion thread because we are ignorant and/or because we can" thread.

I get pissed off because people spread false information about it - that goes for both religious and non religious but specially anti religious..

Their are "shortcomings" to everything.

The Bible is my evidence along with my rational and logical thinking that took me 42 years to "believe" - mostly because I was too stubborn but also wasn't ready.

Well then do not get pissed off, provide some evidence that backs up your beliefs.

Like my dad told me , do not get pissed off dave , get even.

Like my dad told me , do not get pissed off dave , get even.

Look to the Israel thread to see why it's not always the best policy.

Plus, if you must, make sure to only go after the ones who hurt you - not everyone who might appear similar.

Look to the Israel thread to see why it's not always the best policy.

Plus, if you must, make sure to only go after the ones who hurt you - not everyone who might appear similar.

What about the Israeli thread ? Please elaborate.

I am not going after anyone I am expressing my disdain for something that tore apart my Biological family and caused us a lot of pain and suffering , one of 250,000 families among the stolen white generation alone.

if you can't believe the bible, every book written since can be proven false.

What about the Israeli thread ? Please elaborate.

I am not going after anyone I am expressing my disdain for something that tore apart my Biological family and caused us a lot of pain and suffering , one of 250,000 families among the stolen white generation alone.

Luci answered the first part.. and for the second, I can't argue with your own personal experience - it's valid and explains your point of view. However, you'd have a lot more credibility (at least with myself) if you focused on the people / doctrines / interpretations that led to that pain.

Did the four noble truths of Buddhism contribute? Did the teachings of the Sikh Gurus? The pillars of Islam? the 10 commandments? Golden rules? "Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself?" That's all "religion." As a visibly non-Sikh in a Gurdwara I was fed and treated with respect (just as people would be in many Churches, Mosques, etc.) I think "religion" and the "religious" deserve a similar respect.

Anywho, these conversations quickly go in circles - I'm done - good luck to you and yours. I'm going to have a few more brews and hope the Lions can hold this lead against the Riders!

Luci answered the first part.. and for the second, I can't argue with your own personal experience - it's valid and explains your point of view. However, you'd have a lot more credibility (at least with myself) if you focused on the people / doctrines / interpretations that led to that pain.

Did the four noble truths of Buddhism contribute? Did the teachings of the Sikh Gurus? The pillars of Islam? the 10 commandments? Golden rules? "Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself?" That's all "religion." As a visibly non-Sikh in a Gurdwara I was fed and treated with respect (just as people would be in many Churches, Mosques, etc.) I think "religion" and the "religious" deserve a similar respect.

Anywho, these conversations quickly go in circles - I'm done - good luck to you and yours. I'm going to have a few more brews and hope the Lions can hold this lead against the Riders!

Glad to hear you were treated well.. its actually a religious rule in Sikhism that all must be served whether they are part of the faith or not. They could be your enemy, but that doesn't give the right for them to not be served.

What has that got to do with what i believe in ? which happens to be my family and friends

Archived