The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Go Topless Day Sunday August 24th

Dal Colle

Now this is a topic I can get behind. Or in front of. Or whatever.

But seriously, I've never understood the prudish style of thinking in North America vs Europe. I get when walking around in public and the no shirt no service thing, but why hide or stigmatize a part of a woman's body like that?

Yeah it's a shame, women are so sexualized in this day and age in North America. I believe it is legal for women to be topless in public anyways, but as a women who would really want to ? I mean all these young men standing around gawking making any girl uncomfortable with their comments and stares.

I do agree as far as decency goes many people walking around without tops men or women really should cover up lol....

About as helpful as Slut Walk. We have patriarchy, not sexual dimorphism to blame for why women's breasts are treated differently across a great variety of cultures of course.

I for one would rather prefer men and women alike cover their tits and practice some basic common decency. All the men that somehow think women baring their breasts in public is just like any dude doing it should say that with a limp penis. The fact that so many people show up to simply ogle tells you all that you need to know.

I agree women's breasts should be respected by men and not just used to pleasure them

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

In all seriousness though, I really don't see what this accomplishes. I feel like half the people who go to watch are just going to be there to see boobs. It just seems like an entirely backwards approach to the whole issue.

Nah, y'alright. I'll keep my clothes on thanks.

I am all for women's rights but what has parading your tits about in the street got to do with anything? "Oooh men can do it so why can't we!!!" Why would you want to? Whilst I'm at it, blokes can put their shirts back on too. I don't give a crap if you've spent all winter in the gym or in the pub. I don't want to see it.

About as helpful as Slut Walk. We have patriarchy, not sexual dimorphism to blame for why women's breasts are treated differently across a great variety of cultures of course.

I for one would rather prefer men and women alike cover their tits and practice some basic common decency. All the men that somehow think women baring their breasts in public is just like any dude doing it should say that with a limp penis. The fact that so many people show up to simply ogle tells you all that you need to know.

Sooo.... you're not going?

:(

Archived