The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Selanne offered $10 mill from Finnish KHL team Jokerit

Great idea for everyone concerned, but I'm not surprised he won't be signing a deal - if he can play, I'm sure he'd rather play in the NHL and add to his legend. If he's not up for that, then it shouldn't come as a shock to Jokerit that he's not up for joining them either.

What a guy though. I've never heard of a single person who doesn't love him.

Last season; 9 goals 18 assists in 64 games with limited ice time. He is at minimum a bonafide 3rd liner who can slot into the second line/power play when needed.

He had a strong playoffs too with 6 points in 12 games.

This guy would be useful in any NHL team.

Last season; 9 goals 18 assists in 64 games with limited ice time. He is at minimum a bonafide 3rd liner who can slot into the second line/power play when needed.

He had a strong playoffs too with 6 points in 12 games.

This guy would be useful in any NHL team.

3rd liner? In the KHL?

He could just play home games for them and still end up leading that league im scoring when it's over.

He may be 44 but is still faster than 99% of the guys out there, with hands to match.

How do you know you're set for life?

-when you retire from your job then somebody offers you 10million bucks to come back... and you say nah i'm good thanx.

I'm not going to make a separate post, but he's opening up his own hockey development school in Finland.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728212&navid&cmpid=nhl-fb

A quote that sums up the article

"We have goalie schools all over the world, especially in Finland, but not goal scoring schools," Selanne said according to a Finnish-to-English translation by Juha Hiitela, a Canadian-based Finnish journalist who covers the NHL for Ilta-Sanomat. "That's what I want to do." , "We want the best young players whose goal is in [the] NHL, from Finland, but also from Sweden, Russia and why not from North America," Selanne said. "We want to co-operate with federations and junior clubs. They could send their forwards here to learn."

Archived