The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

True Blood

grandmaster

This seven season show is over now, with the final episode unfortunately airing a couple days ago.

My wife and I really loved this show and all the actors. It's full of sex, violence and very intriguing characters.

The ending was perfect, not over the top.

I rank this show as my second favourite all time behind Breaking Bad and surprisingly my wife ranks it first, above Breaking Bad!

If any of you have not seen it, please do! I find that watching a marathon of episodes in a show, although it consumes a lot of time, is always best.

Watched the first handful of seasons. Things were great in a guilty pleasure kind of way for seasons 1 & 2. All went downhill from there for me. Were panthers, fairies, so much stupid. I stopped after season 4.

Yup it got silly after a few seasons, the final season kept things alot simpler and closer to the first two.

Watched the first handful of seasons. Things were great in a guilty pleasure kind of way for seasons 1 & 2. All went downhill from there for me. Were panthers, fairies, so much stupid. I stopped after season 4.

Agreed as well. Except I stuck with the stupidity til the end. The last season was ok but the series finale a few days ago topped all True Blood stupidities.

It's not that werewolves and fairies are necessarily stupid. It's the show itself. Poor stories. Poor writing. The creative brains behind the show made no effort to be good after the first few seasons.

Finale was boring and overly sentimental. How much cheesier can you get than an unnecessary wedding. The main characters did nothing all season but wallow in their dismay. Pam was the only saving grace of the season and even then she was muted compared to other years.

Now Breaking Bad that was a finale. Maybe Mad Men can get it right because this finale stank and worse than that was just boring.

Archived