The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scotland Independence?

Heretic

All I have to say is, wth. We had to kill a buttload of Brits to get our freedom. Almost everybody else either just complained for theirs or just nicely asked for it. Wusses!!!! :ph34r:

And in 2014 only 1-2% of Americans have the nuts to even vote for something other than Top D or Top R candidate. Makes the founding fathers overthrowing a government seem like fiction.

Just us the Irish,India and several African nations

I double checked just to make sure, India lost their initial armed revolution and only gained their independence over a century later when Britain decided to split the country in two and gave them their independence by an act of parliament, after they complained a buttload, shortly after ww2.

Britain just decided to sign a truce with the Catholic Irishmen in Southern Ireland and split Ireland in half and kept Protestant Northern Ireland.

As to the African nations, I have no idea. With the exception of South Africa, I know very little of Africa's 19th and 20th century historical movements.

And in 2014 only 1-2% of Americans have the nuts to even vote for something other than Top D or Top R candidate. Makes the founding fathers overthrowing a government seem like fiction.

Stupid people took control here in the US quite some time ago. I've said it before on CDC, until the US gets past it's "us vs. them" two party attitude, we are going to keep heading downwards.

I double checked just to make sure, India lost their initial armed revolution and only gained their independence over a century later when Britain decided to split the country in two and gave them their independence by an act of parliament, after they complained a buttload, shortly after ww2.

Britain just decided to sign a truce with the Catholic Irishmen in Southern Ireland and split Ireland in half and kept Protestant Northern Ireland.

As to the African nations, I have no idea. With the exception of South Africa, I know very little of Africa's 19th and 20th century historical movements.

Honestly didn't know that about India.

Irish war of independence was what I was referring to and NI still until recently had the IRA running around.

Plenty of uprising's there going back to the 1800's most of them ended up just begging for freedom after though still violence

That said ours was the best ;)

Oh lulover its a simpsons reference.

Im a commonwealth loyalist. I think Canada wouldnt have been the country it is today without cooperation with England up until its independance in 1982.

I was worried about the precdent it would set with other nations.as well as the possibility of quebec seperatism coming back.

Look at all the problems the US has gone through, going it alone.

I just think based on the scottish roots of some of canadas founders and how integrated they are with our history, it would be a shame to lose our commonwealth brothers.

Also I grew up in Regina in the 80s...very pro British city even today.

We sang god save the queen in school. Might have brainwashed me a bit more than Braveheart ever did.

Archived