The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scotland Independence?

Heretic

Also I grew up in Regina in the 80s...very pro British city even today.

We sang god save the queen in school. Might have brainwashed me a bit more than Braveheart ever did.

hahaha .. I feel very much the same way . I spent yesterday explaining to my chilean friends why the queen was on our money !!

My g uncle is a broken man.

To quote his words he said it was the "scared old bastards that let us doon" Apparently the over 60's (although he is over 60 too but I didn't say anything :) voted almost en masse for NO

Scots being ridiculed on the newspaper forums in England. Not a happy mood in our house either.

How can you NOT vote for independence when you are in a Union that sucks the life out of you. I am disappointed in Scotland.

edit just received this shocker.

Having had time to think, I've come to the conclusion that this is just the beginning for Scotland. This referendum has really inspired the youth of the country to take action, and we won't stand for some of the things we put up with in the past. We'll get our chance again. Maybe sooner than you think if today's rumours are true. After guaranteeing us more powers Ed Milliband has allegedly declared that we won't get them, along with a significant number of Tory MPs.

And yeah, Alf. The over 65s did us in. Over 70% of them voted no while the younger generation were generally in favour. But in an aging country that doesn't put you in a good position.

Having had time to think, I've come to the conclusion that this is just the beginning for Scotland. This referendum has really inspired the youth of the country to take action, and we won't stand for some of the things we put up with in the past. We'll get our chance again. Maybe sooner than you think if today's rumours are true. After guaranteeing us more powers Ed Milliband has allegedly declared that we won't get them, along with a significant number of Tory MPs.

And yeah, Alf. The over 65s did us in. Over 70% of them voted no while the younger generation were generally in favour. But in an aging country that doesn't put you in a good position.

Perhaps you should change democracy to give the youth a larger portion of the voice.

RUSSIAN ELECTION OBSERVERS: WESTMINSTER RIGGED SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE VOTE Kremlin-aligned body sensationally claims vote count was fixed to secure 'no' victory
190914vote2.jpg

Image Credits: YouTube

by PAUL JOSEPH WATSON | SEPTEMBER 19, 2014

The head of Russia’s election observation body has sensationally accused the British government in Westminster of rigging the Scottish Independence vote, asserting that there were more ‘yes’ votes than ‘no’ votes despite the no campaign claiming victory.

Following a political battle that captured global attention, the ‘Better Together’ campaign beat off their pro-independence adversaries in securing a 55%-45% success after yesterday’s voting, meaning Scotland stays a part of the United Kingdom.

However, in a move undoubtedly tied to Moscow’s increasing hostilities with the British government, which vehemently backed the ‘no’ campaign, the head of one of the country’s top election observer groups controversially claimed today that the vote was fixed.

Speaking to RIA Novosti, Georgy Fyodorov, the head of the Kremlin-aligned Association for the Protection of Electoral Rights, stated that, “According to what our observers at the polling offices tell us, there were more Yes votes during the vote count.”

Fyodorov went further, remarking, “Scotland found itself under immense pressure… Those on the UK side campaigning for a No vote resorted to every violation imaginable.”

His sentiments were echoed by Igor Morozov, a member of the Council of the Federation Committee for Foreign Affairs, although Morozov stopped short of claiming the entire referendum was rigged.

“We can see that, with the exception of Glasgow, those supporting independence failed to register a majority. I think that Westminster propaganda played a great part in that. I suppose it is down to information put out in recent weeks, from the party leaders, [that had impact on the vote], thanks to that the Scots arrived at the result they have,” Morozov said.

Fyodorov did not specify precisely what ‘violations’ occurred, although as we reported earlier, some ‘yes’ supporters have drawn attention to sporadic examples which appear to show ‘yes’ votes being miscounted and added to the ‘no’ tally, although such allegations remain unproven.

In the final weeks of the campaign, the British government displayed panic at the fact that polls showed the gap between the two camps narrowing, with the ‘yes’ campaign even taking the lead at one point. Had the referendum gone the other way, the impact on Westminster would have been monumental, with many speculating that Prime Minister David Cameron would have been forced to resign.

http://www.infowars.com/russian-election-observers-westminster-rigged-scottish-independence-vote/

oh my! It was only a matter of time till Alex Jones weighed in :picard: ...

Archived