The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sam Reinhart getting the "Grigorenko" treatment in Buffalo

I remember JB wanted Reinhart so not sure what your talking a bout lol

According to who? Botchford? LOL!

If Benning traded a huge package to Florida only for him to draft Reinhart over Ekblad, he'd be run out of town immediately. Not a good start. But not even Ekblad is worth that big a package to work a trade for. Maybe that's why there was no trade.

You could see that he wasn't ready in pre season. Buffalo 'Grigorenko's' all their picks. It's all they know.

Grigorenko is now spoken of in Buffalo as a twenty year old bust. They're morons.

There's a good margin of people in Vancouver who do the same. Morons are everywhere, listen to Vancouver Lunch and you'll hear them calling in.

Just nit picking, but who was first overall?

Anyway; Totally agree. If he's not ready to make a contribution off to junior...

Is there anything stopping them from sending him to the SEL?

I kinda wish that Jensen deal to the SEL had never happened; it was a one off year where the CHL/NHL/SEL transfer agreement had expired and wasn't renewed yet so we were able to send Jensen there without AIK having to pay any compensation to Oshawa.

That's been quoted I don't know how many times now by people thinking it's a realistic opportunity for any player now to go play pro in Europe instead of going back to Junior. It isn't a realistic option now though as most SEL teams wouldn't want to bankroll such a transfer above and beyond the salary they're already paying to the player they'd be getting. It's even less realistic for a player who has no real connection outside of North America and would have to deal with a pretty significant change in going to a foreign country while still trying to move forward in development.

If Benning traded a huge package to Florida only for him to draft Reinhart over Ekblad, he'd be run out of town immediately. Not a good start. But not even Ekblad is worth that big a package to work a trade for. Maybe that's why there was no trade.

We have no idea what package was proposed. We have a butt ton of speculation/fan proposals. For all we know it was our first and Gaunce or something.

And Benning getting Vancouver's first ever First overall Draft pick only to use it on hometown kid Reinhart? Can't imagine a lot of Canuck fans would be upset.

Complete and utter nonsense. Name me ONE reputable source that believed the Canucks were throwing huge packages at Florida to draft Ekblad. Benning would have NEVER been run out of town if he did pick Reinhart 1st overall because the fanbase came to a consensus that getting a future replacement for Henrik Sedin was far more important than a #1 defenseman that they could find easily outside of a top-5 pick and, most importantly, wouldn't help this team win NOW. There was no trade because Tallon was bluffing about trading the pick and would have never done so unless some team was dumb enough to send a Lindros trade package his way. Also Benning valued getting a defenseman sooo much he traded a 2nd he could have used to draft McKeown for Vey, who miraculously happens to be a young offensive minded centreman who helps this team NOW.

The sports media is quirky in Buffalo.

As to management, it changed in the middle of last season. If old management was still there, you would be spot on correct.

Tim Murray may be preaching patience, but he obviously doesn't practice what he preaches with respect to player development. You'd never guess there had been a change in management looking at the roster.

I kinda wish that Jensen deal to the SEL had never happened; it was a one off year where the CHL/NHL/SEL transfer agreement had expired and wasn't renewed yet so we were able to send Jensen there without AIK having to pay any compensation to Oshawa.

That's been quoted I don't know how many times now by people thinking it's a realistic opportunity for any player now to go play pro in Europe instead of going back to Junior.

You wish Jensen didn't play in the SEL because people online quote it ?

You really take this mini mod thing seriously...

Tim Murray may be preaching patience, but he obviously doesn't practice what he preaches with respect to player development. You'd never guess there had been a change in management looking at the roster.

Look at the roster again once the entry level guys have played their allowed 9 games. I think that they were just giving Reinhart a look-see. He was a healthy scratch last game, so once his 9 games are up he's heading back to Kootenay.

He and his uncle did the same thing in Ottawa when Ottawa was a better team.

Look at the roster again once the entry level guys have played their allowed 9 games. I think that they were just giving Reinhart a look-see. He was a healthy scratch last game, so once his 9 games are up he's heading back to Kootenay.

He and his uncle did the same thing in Ottawa when Ottawa was a better team.

I'm reading that they can't send Zadorov back to London because his Russian team won't release him this year. So he's just sitting around watching games right now?

I'm reading that they can't send Zadorov back to London because his Russian team won't release him this year. So he's just sitting around watching games right now?

Huh, thanks for the heads up, I hadn't read that yet. hopefully they'll send him back to St. Petersburg to get some play in. The Sabres' front office is between a rock and a hard place with this situation.

That's all of Zadorov's agent's doing. He has Zadorov signed to 3 contracts. One with London, one with the KHL, and one with the Sabres. I can understand hedging your bets, but geez.

Zadorov had a mediocre camp. I hope they don't play him past 9 if they do use him.

That's the one thing a decent amount of people on CDC don't take into consideration. Use a guy for the allowed 9 games or less so he has a taste of the NHL then stick him back in juniors or if a player is at least 20 yrs. old, then stick him in the AHL. At that point they've had a taste of where they can be and are very motivated to work that much harder in order to get back.

Zadorov on the other hand is an oddly special case. Like I said, I hope they put him in the KHL if St. Petersburg won't release him to London. I wouldn't want to be in Murray's shoes right now having to make that decision.

You wish Jensen didn't play in the SEL because people online quote it ?

You really take this mini mod thing seriously...

I don't know what you're on about, but I get tired of people repeatedly and incorrectly thinking something is possible because they heard it once.

Like two way contracts and the incorrect assumption that just because NHL13 allows you to send them down without waivers the NHL must be the same way. How many times have people been corrected on that, and other things?

The option to send a junior eligible prospect overseas instead of back to the CHL in case they don't make the team.

Archived