The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shots fired on Parliament Hill, soldier shot at National War Memorial

Heretic

Your 'what if' maps are not history. Please, just stop.

If was a hypothetical response to someone who says we should get involved with what's going on in the Middle East - all I suggested was what if we (and the US) didn't get involved in WW1 and WW2.

So no, I won't stop.

You can disagree, that's your choice, and that's fine.

PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease don't be a Muslim that did this.

If this guy is Muslim, or not. I still want the police to get this son of a b**ch

I hear you man, Islam does end up getting generalized by those who would resort to violence in the name of a religion. I'm not inclined to attach a religion to it, but at the same time, your caveat shouldn't be necessary, it should be expected that all Muslims want this guy caught.

Different era, different time different world stage

and different reasons...anyone suggesting the reasons we went into afghanistan, iraq, anywhere in the middle east for altruistic reasons is on crack...its completely political and economic (oil)....

i for one see no reason to suppor the killing of american and canadian soldiers and EQUALLY 100's of thousands of innocent iraqies, afghanies, palestinians etc...who like us just want a peaceful life...

we ask why there is hatred towards the west? well perhaps dont go in blow innocent people up over oil and money and then get upset when it breeds radicalism....

its funny how the west ignores its own decisions as part of the problem that causes fanaticism in the middle east...if you dont blow up people, well those kids who lose their families are less likely to be brainwashed that the west is evil aren't they?

just as the west, if 911 didn't happen wouldn't be as easily brainwashed that muslims are evil....see how it works?

but it all starts somewhere, and i hate to say it but it didnt start with middle eastern fanatics terroizing the west, it started with the west blowing up the middle east....

perhaps we need to find a peaceful solution to the worlds problems, violence begets violence

If was a hypothetical response to someone who says we should get involved with what's going on in the Middle East - all I suggested was what if we (and the US) didn't get involved in WW1 and WW2.

So no, I won't stop.

You can disagree, that's your choice, and that's fine.

Only you would make the point that those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, and then post fictitious histories. You're like a caricature.

and different reasons...anyone suggesting the reasons we went into afghanistan, iraq, anywhere in the middle east for altruistic reasons is on crack...its completely political and economic (oil)....

i for one see no reason to suppor the killing of american and canadian soldiers and EQUALLY 100's of thousands of innocent iraqies, afghanies, palestinians etc...who like us just want a peaceful life...

we ask why there is hatred towards the west? well perhaps dont go in blow innocent people up over oil and money and then get upset when it breeds radicalism....

its funny how the west ignores its own decisions as part of the problem that causes fanaticism in the middle east...if you dont blow up people, well those kids who lose their families are less likely to be brainwashed that the west is evil aren't they?

just as the west, if 911 didn't happen wouldn't be as easily brainwashed that muslims are evil....see how it works?

but it all starts somewhere, and i hate to say it but it didnt start with middle eastern fanatics terroizing the west, it started with the west blowing up the middle east....

perhaps we need to find a peaceful solution to the worlds problems, violence begets violence

So was WW1 and WW2. We did not know about the holocaust until after the war, and we certainly had no altruistic grounds for going into WW1. The reasons were political and economic.

Edit: you have to protect your interests abroad at times. Not saying it's right or wrong at todays's time, and it certainly has been wrong at time (like what US did in south america), but saying we should never protect our interests overseas is too broad.

Yea, but the idea that there is a conflict overseas which we should or should not be involved in is still the same. And it's only 70 years, which isn't that long ago. So looking at what happened historically is a valid argument.

Last time I checked ISIS hasn't openly slaughtered or committed mass genocide (Over 1 million) on a specific group or people(s) based on their religious beliefs. Sure there have been isolated incidents here and there, but the two are incomparable right now..

There is no evidence to suggest racial purity is taking place.

Unlike WW2 this conflict is mainly fueled on by religion.

So was WW1 and WW2. We did not know about the holocaust until after the war, and we certainly had no altruistic grounds for going into WW1. The reasons were political and economic.

actually ww2 was to stop the advancement of an illegal advancement of one country germany, imposing its will on the soverienty of over nations by illegally claiming their borders and lands...

last time i checked, the only country doing that in the middle easy is israel friend...

very different issues....please

actually ww2 was to stop the advancement of an illegal advancement of one country germany, imposing its will on the soverienty of over nations by illegally claiming their borders and lands...

last time i checked, the only country doing that in the middle easy is israel friend...

very different issues....please

That's like history of UK 101. Based on that argument, Europe would have started a war against UK when they went into Ireland.

We went after Germany because they breached the league of nations, and were becoming a bit too powerful for our liking and feared losing control of Europe to Germany.

Last time I checked ISIS hasn't openly slaughtered or committed mass genocide (Over 1 million) on a specific group or people(s) based on their religious beliefs. Sure there have been isolated incidents here and there, but the two are incomparable right now..

http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/07/19/iraq-isis-abducting-killing-expelling-minorities

well no....religion is being used as the tool to aggregate support, and the illegal war crimes of the west are the galvanizing force giving radicals who are bent on their distorted political ideals to use a distorted view of that religion to gain power...

from the perspective of isis...its not religion friend, don't be fooled. islam is not what those fools preach nor utilize

i compare it very much to the white supremecist movement...

what do white supremicists do to rally support? well they find the downtrodden, the abused, the disenfranchised, give them support, and brainwash them to blame a certain group(s) for their situation.

in the case of the middle east, well the west feeds radicals their fodder by blowing up things...very easy to galvanise support by saying its a crusade vs islam...all these nuts have to say is look, did your family do any wrong? no, they didn't but that us army just blew up your family, your home, etc...they hate muslims..then they see the us media vilfying muslims...what happens? you have the seeds of fanaticism....

its not about the real religion at all friend. its about power, politics and how to galvanize support...how so? find the commonality and use it against those you want to gain power from...

That's like history of UK 101. Based on that argument, Europe would have started a war against UK when they went into Ireland.

We went after Germany because they breached the league of nations, and were becoming a bit too powerful for our liking and feared losing control of Europe to Germany.

really? iraq and afghanistan were becoming too powerful for us? lol

did they take other countries land?

please...don't make comparisons that are completely invalid...go back to fox news

Archived