The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Avs 7, Nucks 3

TheRussianRocket.

No way we gamble our first in a year with such great depth and with a team that really isn't going to win a cup...the only time you can rationalize giving up a first is when you are on the cusp and that player coming back means a legit chance at the cup...

that clealry is not the case here

I second that. Gambling our first when we have a chance to get McDavid or Eichel to get someone so we can lose in the early rounds? Doesn't make any sense.

Did anyone ever tell you that you're a really positive person?

I don't really care that he's negative, just that he only makes these comments when the team's losing badly or whatnot.

It's like punching someone when they're down. Doesn't require a whole lot of effort or courage.

I second that. Gambling our first when we have a chance to get McDavid or Eichel to get someone so we can lose in the early rounds? Doesn't make any sense.

well i don't really think we're going to be bad enough to be getting a top 2 pick....

but top ten (ie just missing the playoffs) is realistic...and this draft is being compared to the 2003 draft in terms of depth....if you look at that one and say this year is similar...no way anyone wants to give up a first rounder this year...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2003e.html

well i don't really think we're going to be bad enough to be getting a top 2 pick....

but top ten (ie just missing the playoffs) is realistic...and this draft is being compared to the 2003 draft in terms of depth....if you look at that one and say this year is similar...no way anyone wants to give up a first rounder this year...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2003e.html

I believe in benning so much .. I think if this team is on the outside looking in near the deadline , this guy will have the balls to trade a veteran or two for prospects and picks that will get us closer to a top 5 selection .

I think we are in great hands guys . I really do think the future is bright and that these guys are looking far ahead enough to do what has to be done . I could very well be wrong , I surely have been before . I just have a strong feeling about this management team

Well let's face it.

This season Canucks will win some and lose some, and hopefully/likely they will win more than they did in 2013-14. They will not win many games against good, playoff-bound teams (especially in the west) however. As much as the front office improved the team during the off season, that wasn't nearly enough to compete with the league's elites.

By no means this is a knock on our team -- I like the players we have, the way Willie has them to play and all the young prospects coming up in the pipeline. It's just now is not our time to shine and perhaps for another couple of seasons. All teams go through peaks and valleys, and right now we are at the first climbing checkpoint out of a valley.

We all need to be patient and endure occasional rough rides like this one... They are called growing pains.

Archived