The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it just me or can our goal horn song hardly be heard these days?

ChrisCo!

Ever since they started playing around with the goal horn songs, I've hardly been able to hear them. I don't even know what our current one is. Neither on TV or in the arena. Back when they played Green Day and Electric city, they were so clear and loud.

Way Better than the ultra obnoxious oilers goal horn. When they thought they scored against the preds with the shot that went off the post i seriously thought there was something wrong at the game and they were trying to evacuate the building.

This is one thing I hate about our arena. The goal horn is okay, but yeah can't even hear our goal song, have no clue what it is.

I love in other arena's they play their song loud and make it part of the experience, knowing what you will hear when a goal is scored. It pumps up the crowd so much. For an example, the Canadien's goal song is like a french song but such a good beat and is played loud, making it the only thing you hear and they don't stop it til the next puck drop.

Seems like they don't care about making some tradition, something that is ours and we make sure teams hear our song when a goal is scored. We just have generic music during stoppages and our goal horn.

You can't hear it at the arena either. The problem is that the song does not have a strong beat and when the crowd is so loud it just sounds like garble.

Nail on the head, right here.

Don't notice any of the other songs they play during the game either. But...at least it's not annoying like it usued to be.

Our goal song whould be My songs know what you did in the dark by Fall out boy. Its anthemic with all the whoas in the chorus and the words are Light em up. It is literally the perfect goal song.

Lightem up up up lightem up up up lightem up up up shes on fire whoooooooaaaaaaaaa

playing too much nhl 15

Archived