The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Midterm Elections - Republicans Now Controls Both Senate and House

DonLever

A lot of the flak he gets is because he's black. Like Jan Brewer sticking her finger right in his face after he got off Air Force One. You would never see that with a white president even if he was the top douchebag of doucherland.

The first black president was voted in by predominantly white populace, twice. We have a black Attorney General. We have a black man sitting as a US Supreme Court Justice. We have also have a Latino woman as a Supreme Court Justice. We have another US Supreme Court Justice who is the son of two Italian immigrants. There are numerous black congressman and senators at both state and federal levels. There is a fairly large percentage of black people in the federal government. We have special programs that give black people an advantage in getting hired in the work force. There are a LOT of people coming to this "racist country", both legally and illegally, to have a chance at a better life that are not white. A lot of said people get free educations, medical care and don't pay taxes when they arrive here. So quit with the "dat's racist" garbage.

The first black president was voted in by predominantly white populace, twice. We have a black Attorney General. We have a black man sitting as a US Supreme Court Justice. We have also have a Latino woman as a Supreme Court Justice. We have another US Supreme Court Justice who is the son of two Italian immigrants. There are numerous black congressman and senators at both state and federal levels. There is a fairly large percentage of black people in the federal government. We have special programs that give black people an advantage in getting hired in the work force. There are a LOT of people coming to this "racist country", both legally and illegally, to have a chance at a better life that are not white. A lot of said people get free educations, medical care and don't pay taxes when they arrive here. So quit with the "dat's racist" garbage.

Just because we have made strides in combating racism and the majority of people are now more enlightened, it doesn't change the fact that there are still racists out there in every country.

TR's point about Brewer and the finger-pointing is correct. No way she does this to Bush, or even Clinton.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that much of the general disdain for Obama is based on the color of his skin and it's been so since he was first elected.

Just because we have made strides in combating racism and the majority of people are now more enlightened, it doesn't change the fact that there are still racists out there in every country.

TR's point about Brewer and the finger-pointing is correct. No way she does this to Bush, or even Clinton.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that much of the general disdain for Obama is based on the color of his skin and it's been so since he was first elected.

Agree...there are still racists in the US.

But I'm going to ask you the same question I asked someone else earlier..

Do you have any criticism's of Obama's decisions, policies, or actions during his terms as President? I have no doubt that you do. Are you criticism's based on the color of his skin color?

If race was any significant role Barack Obama would not have been elected President at all.. twice. Enjoy your race bait "whinging", and let me know when you return to 2014 from the Jim Crow era, mk?

You sure make a lot of assumptions.

You made a statement that I questioned. Own your words, stop being such a baby about it.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that much a little bit of the general disdain for Obama is based on the color of his skin and it's been so since he was first elected.

No doubt there are still racists out there. But the vast majority in the US are not. Just like the vast majority who criticize Obama are not racists.

Agree...there are still racists in the US.

But I'm going to ask you the same question I asked someone else earlier..

Do you have any criticism's of Obama's decisions, policies, or actions during his terms as President? I have no doubt that you do. Are you criticism's based on the color of his skin color?

Of course I do, and no, my criticisms are not based on his skin color....

...but then again, I'm not a racist.

No doubt there are still racists out there. But the vast majority in the US are not. Just like the vast majority who criticize Obama are not racists.

Agree...I criticize and am very disappointed with how Obamacare has worked out. Do people think its because my insurance rates have tripled since its gone into effect...or just because Obama is black?

Of course I do, and no, my criticisms are not based on his skin color....

...but then again, I'm not a racist.

I know you're not a racist, but please understand that neither are a majority of Americans who are un-happy with some of Obama's decisions and policies.

I know you're not a racist, but please understand that neither are a majority of Americans who are un-happy with some of Obama's decisions and policies.

I guess the question is then, why the refusal on the part of the GOP to work with the government on anything....even before healthcare reform became a hot-button topic.

Why do the right-wing nutjobs in the Tea Party hold so much clout in the US? Certainly there are some people with an axe to grind and they have been doing so since 2008.

I certainly don't recall the same level of vitriol being directed at Bill Clinton.

What do you mean "we"?

Let's start by talking about how many black Vancouver mayors there have been. Or Prince Rupert mayors. I'm gonna venture a guess of zero.

BC premiers? Hmm.. zero.

Canadian PM's? Zero.

There is a black President in the US, black governors, black mayors all throughout.

It seems to me quite a few people either feel the need to throw stones in glass houses, or maybe they just feel guilty for their own shortcomings and need to project that guilt upon others.

I should also point out that regarding US politics, liberals often are racist toward blacks who don't tow the liberal line. Look at the way they've treated Clarence Thomas, Herman Cain, Tim Scott, etc? What about the treatment Russell Wilson gets because he's not a stereotypical thug?

Watch a video:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2014/11/06/erin-intv-scott-herman-cain-republican-and-race.cnn.html

It seems conservatives have largely gotten past race, yet liberals are going in the reverse.

I guess the question is then, why the refusal on the part of the GOP to work with the government on anything....even before healthcare reform became a hot-button topic.

Why do the right-wing nutjobs in the Tea Party hold so much clout in the US? Certainly there are some people with an axe to grind and they have been doing so since 2008.

I certainly don't recall the same level of vitriol being directed at Bill Clinton.

Selective memory.

What do you mean "we"?

Let's start by talking about how many black Vancouver mayors there have been. Or Prince Rupert mayors. I'm gonna venture a guess of zero.

Yeah, there are around a dozen or so black people living in Prince Rupert.

However, city council is well represented by British Columbia First Nations.

BTW: No-one is throwing stones. I just feel you're deluding yourself if you feel that some of the disdain directed at the President isn't driven by his skin color.

It's largely not, anymore than the slinging about Clinton's blowjob, bombings of European or MENA countries, lying under oath, autocratic use of the line item veto, was about Clinton's race, or gender, or age, but I think rather than conservatives be on the defensive, I think more should be like in that CNN video I posted, where they call out liberals for their hypocrisy in playing this race card every two seconds. Firstly, liberals, you don't own black people (my sister, who is half black, constantly dealt with people on her dad's side of the family whining about her not being black enough -- hello Russell Wilson), so you should probably stop acting as if you speak for them, and secondly, Canadians who haven't yet elected a black person to represent Canada, or British Columbians who haven't elected a black person to represent them (I doubt there's twelve black people in BC), probably shouldn't be slinging mud about others and racism.

I can't wait to see if Hillary wins. Then we'll never hear the end of "you just don't like her because she's a woman" accusations. Then maybe the first Latino president will be next so we can hear the "you just don't like him/her because he/she is Latino. Then a gay president, then a transgender president and on and on. Constant dividing the citizens instead of trying to unite them. It's ugly and pathetic.

I can't wait to see if Hillary wins. Then we'll never hear the end of "you just don't like her because she's a woman" accusations. Then maybe the first Latino president will be next so we can hear the "you just don't like him/her because he/she is Latino. Then a gay president, then a transgender president and on and on. Constant dividing the citizens instead of trying to unite them. It's ugly and pathetic.

I think conservatives need to grow a pair of balls and stop cowering when liberals or the media try to play this race card.

Honestly, I'm not even a social "conservative" yet I'm fracking sick of liberals and their retarded race card.

While the same could be said about Republicans and the religious right, I bet Democrats sure love the fact that they have most minorities under their thumb. As soon as these minorities grow an independent thought process or conscience and don't tow the liberal line, they're equated to Uncle Tom's or people who can't think for themselves. If liberals had any sort of morals themselves, they'd see how the way they treat minorities, whether it be blacks, latinos, gays, etc., is not enabling of people to be individuals and empower themselves, it's that they serve a purpose of making (white) liberals feel like they're heroes when in fact they're more detrimental to their own causes than anyone else.

BTW: No-one is throwing stones. I just feel you're deluding yourself if you feel that some of the disdain directed at the President isn't driven by his skin color.

Believe me, i'm not taking your comments as a personal attack and i hope you're not taking my replies as me attacking you either.

And I agree...there are people in the US that have disdain for Obama because of his skin color.

But please look at it from an American perspective. I cant even begin to count the number of times I've read Americans referred to as sheep on this forum for just agreeing with whatever our politicians tell us...but now apparently if we do disagree with a politician, its because we're racist. So it sounds like we're either sheep or racist, there is no in-between. See how that can get a wee bit irritating?

Believe me, i'm not taking your comments as a personal attack and i hope you're not taking my replies as me attacking you either.

And I agree...there are people in the US that have disdain for Obama because of his skin color.

But please look at it from an American perspective. I cant even begin to count the number of times I've read Americans referred to as sheep on this forum for just agreeing with whatever our politicians tell us...but now apparently if we do disagree with a politician, its because we're racist. So it sounds like we're either sheep or racist, there is no in-between. See how that can get a wee bit irritating?

They're programmed both by the media and the left-wing government to think this way, and if you notice, they're not very good at questioning or challenging it. They quite happily obey and oblige.

They're programmed both by the media and the left-wing government to think this way, and if you notice, they're not very good at questioning or challenging it. They quite happily obey and oblige.

Don't forget the teachers, they are part of team brainwash.

With a country of over 300 million people I don't think one can look at it from an "American perspective" and I don't think for a second that someone who dislikes the President is either sheep or a racist. In fact, I think the majority of those 300 million definitely are not racists.

However, my original comment was directed at a poster who claimed that the anti-Obama sentiment had nothing to do with racism, which I heartily disagree with.

I would also re-iterate that I don't believe Jan Brewer would have stuck her finger in the face of Bill Clinton.

Would a Black guy with an Arabic name ever be elected in Canada?

If anything I think he gets a pass in certain circumstances because of his race.

Actually, I think he would.

Archived