The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you were Willie D right now...

ThaManbeast

Can't believe you guys want markstrom to start... We're fighting for the playoffs this is not the time to feel sorry for markstrom, it's not all on him but cmon you put the goalie who has the best chance to win and at this point that's lack, also what is with this whole tired thing.... When these guys were kids they would play in weekend tourneys and play 2-3 games a day! It's not an excuse so stop trying to make it one considering the Sharks played the night before and they seemed like they had more jump then we did...

I doesn't matter who starts if the rest of the team decides not show up again which happens to be there specialty agains bottom feeders. Oh and the sharks.

That said i'd start markstrom and make sure the team knows they owe him for how they played against Sjs.

Was just about to type this exact same thing.

Start Markstrom, if he lets 2 goals in quick succession that's it. The Canucks can come back from a 2 goal deficit easily, especially against a pathetic Coyotes team (without Yandle too), but 3 goal deficits are a lot trickier against any team, especially a Tippet-coached team.

2 goals in the first period for Markstrom, that's his limit.

Is this really a debate? There's only one NHL-caliber goalie on the roster (Lack) so it should be a no-brainer. Perhaps some people need to be made aware of Jakob Markstrom's career stats:

12-28-5 record

.894 save %

3.25 GAA

It's not like he just played 1 bad game, he's consistently shown throughout his career he can't get the job done at the NHL level. There are seriously Canucks fans out there who want to see this guy anywhere close to our crease with the team in a close playoff race? Barring a terrible game by Lack at some point in the near future where he gets pulled and Markstrom somehow steals it in relief, let Lack just run with it until our pair of back-to-back games later this month.

Markstrum - also lost the game in Florida - either we get a REAL Goal tender coach - that will get him rdy or ship him out - my mother is like it looks like the Canucks fans are PAYING the Sedins twins to lose .... What the hell is going on....

Note: Lack is showing he has what it takes... Luongo WHERE ARE YOU??

Lolwut?

Can't believe you guys want markstrom to start... We're fighting for the playoffs this is not the time to feel sorry for markstrom, it's not all on him but cmon you put the goalie who has the best chance to win and at this point that's lack, also what is with this whole tired thing.... When these guys were kids they would play in weekend tourneys and play 2-3 games a day! It's not an excuse so stop trying to make it one considering the Sharks played the night before and they seemed like they had more jump then we did...

A weekend tournament of 2-3 games a day as a kid is nowhere near harder then the 62nd NHL game of the season against a team desperate to make the playoffs. I want some of what you're smoking, it must be some good stuff.

Markstrom. Let him back at it against a weak team and see how he responds.

I personally think Willie messed up and should've played Markstrom against Buffalo. He practically threw him to the wolves versus the Sharks and I see no reasoning defending why he made that move. It's a 4 point game agains a division rival, ...just doesn't add up..

. It was honestly one of the dumbest things iv seen in a while, I actually feel bad for markstrom. He was thrown to the wolves against a really good team for no reason he should have waited till we play Arizona. Now he probably has no confidence :(

which goaltender do you start versus Arizona? When do you start Markstrom again? How much is too much for Eddie Lack?

Start Lack.

It is imperative that they right the ship. We should have won that game on chances alone and take two of these first 3 goals away and we do. That is not to say I thought Markstrom was totally responsible. I thought he was hell of unlucky and our defence went to sleep on him.

That said I don't think Markstrom can possibly be over his bad experience yet and I think it would be totally unfair to chuck him in so quickly. Let's get a win, then get some of our D back and then give him another shot.

Start Markstrom, if he lets 2 goals in quick succession that's it. The Canucks can come back from a 2 goal deficit easily, especially against a pathetic Coyotes team (without Yandle too), but 3 goal deficits are a lot trickier against any team, especially a Tippet-coached team.

2 goals in the first period for Markstrom, that's his limit.

You do realise how many regulars we are missing. It seems silly to disrespect the Coyotes just because they have been weakened when we are also playing in adversity.

This team seems prone enough to slipping to "easy" teams without encouragement.

You gotta play Markstrom again to see how he responds. If he bounces back with a solid game, it would give the team confidence going forward, in case Lack falters or needs a rest. If Markstrom melts down, then we should be worried.

The Coyotes are not a great offensive team, so Markstrom should have a good chance for success as well as valuable experience. And Lack gets the rest that he was supposed to get last game. I can understand WD's thinking playing Markstrom last game. Lack had two bad games and it looked like he needed a rest. I don't agree that Markstrom was thrown to the wolves (or sharks). If he's going to be an NHL goalie, he has to be ready to face any opponent. And it's not like the Sharks are a powerhouse team this season.

Is it wise to play him in a game where we have a genuine chance of 2 points though?

Better to play him against the Ducks where he gets to show his temperament and has a chance to be a big hero. We are likely to lose that game on present form anyway so the pressure would be off.

Is it wise to play him in a game where we have a genuine chance of 2 points though?

Better to play him against the Ducks where he gets to show his temperament and has a chance to be a big hero. We are likely to lose that game on present form anyway so the pressure would be off.

Play a complete sieve and guarantee a loss against the best team in the NHL... makes sense.

This is a tough stretch of games... I don't like our chances in San Jose, with either goalie in net. I put all my chips in on this game. One of our games in hand, if we have any chance to hang on to a playoff spot, we need 2 points here. We have been terrible against lower class teams. Start your best.

Archived