The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shambhala Music Festival Lineup 2015 Announced

Toni Zamboni

Most of you probably are'nt into this sort of thing but i know there is a house music appreciation thread here somewhere, so there may be a few people interested....looks like they have a ton of house music booked this year as well as some old school legends like Mix Master Mike of the Beastie Boys and DJ Jazzy Jeff (from the tv show Fresh Prince of Bel Aire) :)

its a DJ festival (ravers and hippies), not really bands like Squamish fest....they have 7 stages and it goes for 5 days straight, located in Salmo, BC, Canada...thats in the Kootenays near Nelson.

more info here: https://www.facebook.com/shambhalamusicfestival

I will be going!! ;)

16237131043_d7451e64ed_o.jpg

I went to the first 7 of these when Cory and emma first started on the Ranch as Hula Hoop and Emma Star

I helped carve the fractal forest and helped line the piping for the bathrooms.

Farm Boy productions first big outdoor event turned into an IDE party turned into this monstrosity of an amazing weekend most can never quite come to grips with

I miss going to these events. i don't spin or party anymore but damned if i don't want to ditch my kids and wife for a weekend and just go rip it up, maybe film and catalogue the event. if I recall this might be year 15?

By the way, the first year was free, the IDE party was free tickets for the first paying year were $20 at the gate

I think Tickets are now in excess of $250+

I went to the first 7 of these when Cory and emma first started on the Ranch as Hula Hoop and Emma Star

I helped carve the fractal forest and helped line the piping for the bathrooms.

Farm Boy productions first big outdoor event turned into an IDE party turned into this monstrosity of an amazing weekend most can never quite come to grips with

I miss going to these events. i don't spin or party anymore but damned if i don't want to ditch my kids and wife for a weekend and just go rip it up, maybe film and catalogue the event. if I recall this might be year 15?

By the way, the first year was free, the IDE party was free tickets for the first paying year were $20 at the gate

I think Tickets are now in excess of $250+

cool story man, awesome to hear...its a helluva lot bigger now of course than the early days but still has some of the original magic and roots.

oh yeah, and at the top of the poster it says its the 18th year.....wow how time fly's!!

The fractal forest is one of the most unique stage environments on the planet, so freaky.....it's been cool to watch it evolve over the past few years.

im old, not sure if im school anymore tho...but im interested in Jazzy Jeff, Mix Master Mike and Skratch Bastid...all are incredible turntablists imo.

it says at the bottom full lineup announced March 30th....somebody was telling me they have another 200 plus DJs to announce then.........its pricey for sure but over 300 acts, i think i will splurge :)

This will be my 10th year going :)

10 years?? thats crazy...you must be a seasoned veteran then. anybody in particular you are excited to see from this lineup? i dont know all of these names but i always like checking out soundcloud for new and interesting tunes/artists.

Archived