The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All Jerry D'Amigo Wants For Christmas Is His 2 Front Teeth

Here's the question on that play, it was a pretty reckless high stick - does it see any discipline?

Probably not, seeing as Craig Smith isn't Zack Kassian.

Seriously, though, it could be excused as a play for the puck (even if he missed badly) so I don't see him getting fined or suspended.

That wasn't anywhere near a play for the puck. At best that was meant to be a slash to the stick or hands to bother him, but then Kassian's slash was to the stick/hands of Gagner and just deflected into Gagner's face. This went straight into D'Amigo's face.

That wasn't anywhere near a play for the puck. At best that was meant to be a slash to the stick or hands to bother him, but then Kassian's slash was to the stick/hands of Gagner and just deflected into Gagner's face. This went straight into D'Amigo's face.

Guess the NHL thought so too since they just fined Smith $5000.

Yet Toffoli gets nothing for boarding Burrows. Okay there, NHL.

curiously on nhl.com the Smith and D`Amigo affair netted three news headlines whereas the Tufoli - Burrows interaction from what I can see received nothing. Also other than the game recap I couldn't find headlines on the way the whole incident may cost the Kings dearly. nhl.coms site to me does not reflect the values of a league that is run by an unbiased group. look at the weekly poll. Which game are you most looking forward to this week? teams listed in two different games are LA, NYR, BOS, MIN, teams listed once are- CHI, PHI, ANA, and last but not least Calgary. Really?

Archived